Skip to content

Senior Bowl Week

The Browns Board
58 18 2.0k
  • You know me... Just starting to think Spence at #32... so no doubt he will move up the board. 🙂

    Watching the AM practice and saw Miller go down with a calf cramp he could not shake.

    @tour2ma said:

    You know me... Just starting to think Spence at #32... so no doubt he will move up the board. 🙂

    Watching the AM practice and saw Miller go down with a calf cramp he could not shake.

    that must have been what it was. I saw it on Twitter, but haven't watched any of the practice online yet.

    Hue at the Senior Bowl: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Senior-Bowl-1-on-1-Coach-Jackson-on-Expectations/0416f4c5-7616-4746-8401-2409b36f9db8

  • Spence has been unblockable by accounts I have seen from this week. Was thinking he was a little small for the position (height wise), but it doesn't look like it after watching tape. Measurements only mean so much

  • Morning North practice...

    Braxton was on fire before the leg cramp took him down. Was the most consistent receiver in 1-on-1 drills. At one point I was mentally fitting him for a Patriot uniform... just the kind of quick twitch WR they love.

    His fellow Buckeye Powell had a nice pick in a late 11-on-11 redzone drill.

    CB

    A couple tall ones showed well today: UVA's Canady and Northern Iowa's Hall... both are 6'2.

    OL

    Many of the same suspects from yesterday shone again... namely Martin and Dahl inside and Spriggs at OT. Dahl may turn himself into a Bito like story: an OT in college that looks made for the interior at the Pro level.

    DL

    Butler continues to look good. Has a 3-4 DE look about him.

    Nassib flashed some as a pure speed rusher.

    Sheldon Day worked at DE and had some good moments.

  • Sucks for Braxton Miller. That's a Carlos Hyde flashback at 2014 Combine. Come to think of it. What is it with buckeye players & leg muscles/ankles as Pryor rode a bike all camp? Noah Spence had sleeper in draft but that tag may rub off at DE/LB. UVA CB Canady watched a bunch & at 6'2" this kid is a complete Ball Hawk with ball in air, but at times his tackle level goes high due to his size. not good at next level till he gets trucked. Coach him up..

  • Afternoon South Practice

    Pretty much was the Noah Spence show...

  • Afternoon South Practice

    Pretty much was the Noah Spence show...

    @tour2ma said:

    Afternoon South Practice

    Pretty much was the Noah Spence show...

    Yeah. We're both still rather miffed about missing out on Kahlil. Well, I see a bit of Mack when I watch Noah.

    He doesn't have the polish on the dominant second move, but he has similar burst, dip and bull rush. If he could get that spin down, good lord. Loads of potential here.

  • Two DTs that turned some heads in the Wednesday South session... the previously mentioned LA Techster, Butler and Louisville's Sheldon Rankings.

    One obscure CB that grabbed Louis Riddick's eye was Samford's James Bradbury... kid's fundamentals are strong and his 6'1 213 size is new NFL textbook.

    Ex-Buckeye Noah Spence looks like the edge rusher deluxe for both squads.

    Of the QBs:

    - NC State's Brissett shit in his helmet.

    - My guy, Prescott looked OK at best.

    - Bama's Coker looked like practice was too fast for him.

    - Only the Arkansas kid, Brandon Allen looked the part in drills, but ran 2 of 3 pass plays when it was 11 on 11 time.

    @tour2ma said:

    Two DTs that turned some heads in the Wednesday South session... the previously mentioned LA Techster, Butler and Louisville's Sheldon Rankings.

    One obscure CB that grabbed Louis Riddick's eye was Samford's James Bradbury... kid's fundamentals are strong and his 6'1 213 size is new NFL textbook.

    Ex-Buckeye Noah Spence looks like the edge rusher deluxe for both squads.

    Of the QBs:

    - NC State's Brissett shit in his helmet.

    - My guy, Prescott looked OK at best.

    - Bama's Coker looked like practice was too fast for him.

    - Only the Arkansas kid, Brandon Allen looked the part in drills, but ran 2 of 3 pass plays when it was 11 on 11 time.

    I like Allen a bunch.

    I just finished A&M's OL grades for the bowl game. Sheldon Rankins is very, very good.

  • Rankings explodes out of his stance...

    Good article here on our brass at the Senior Bowl with a little insight to the divide and conquer approach taken to scouting...

    The video interviews are fine, but most of the good stuff is in the text...

    What Hue Jackson, Sashi Brown gained from the Senior Bowl experience

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/What-Hue-Jackson-Sashi-Brown-gained-from-the-Senior-Bowl-experience/ecb995ef-da86-4aed-874c-c09b887293c7

  • http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25466171/senior-bowl-five-studs-and-duds-from-the-week-of-practice

    If this doesn't warrant its own thread just move it wherever you like. It might already be up but I thought it was interesting.

    WSS

  • http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25466171/senior-bowl-five-studs-and-duds-from-the-week-of-practice

    If this doesn't warrant its own thread just move it wherever you like. It might already be up but I thought it was interesting.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25466171/senior-bowl-five-studs-and-duds-from-the-week-of-practice

    If this doesn't warrant its own thread just move it wherever you like. It might already be up but I thought it was interesting.

    WSS

    Interesting. Is Bosa playing in the Senior Bowl? Perhaps not because I don't think he is a Senior.

    Are Junior eligibles that declare for the draft allowed to participate in the Senior Bowl? Or just Seniors.

  • @westside-steve said:

    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25466171/senior-bowl-five-studs-and-duds-from-the-week-of-practice

    If this doesn't warrant its own thread just move it wherever you like. It might already be up but I thought it was interesting.

    WSS

    Interesting. Is Bosa playing in the Senior Bowl? Perhaps not because I don't think he is a Senior.

    Are Junior eligibles that declare for the draft allowed to participate in the Senior Bowl? Or just Seniors.

    @the-gipper said:

    Interesting. Is Bosa playing in the Senior Bowl? Perhaps not because I don't think he is a Senior.

    Are Junior eligibles that declare for the draft allowed to participate in the Senior Bowl? Or just Seniors.

    I believe you need to have completed your undergraduate.
  • @the-gipper said:

    Interesting. Is Bosa playing in the Senior Bowl? Perhaps not because I don't think he is a Senior.

    Are Junior eligibles that declare for the draft allowed to participate in the Senior Bowl? Or just Seniors.

    I believe you need to have completed your undergraduate.

    @bbedward said:

    I believe you need to have completed your undergraduate.

    Well not completed. That would mean degree in hand and that is rarely the case with seniors. But academically/athletically qualified as seniors is the criteria. For example I don't think you can be a RS Junior who is in his senior year of classes but only 3rd year of play with one year of eligibility remaining, but declaring early for the draft.

  • Looks like more props for Braxton Miller....voted top Senior Bowl standout by NFL scouts.....

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000630247/article/nfl-scouts-vote-osus-braxton-miller-top-senior-bowl-standout

  • Ugly start to the game... but was never going to be one of those stats driven analysis games anyway.

  • I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

  • I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

    I don't foresee him making it to 32. A team like the Panthers who are still pretty starved at WR would more than likely grab him up.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

    I don't foresee him making it to 32. A team like the Panthers who are still pretty starved at WR would more than likely grab him up.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I don't foresee him making it to 32. A team like the Panthers who are still pretty starved at WR would more than likely grab him up.

    I don't see him going in the first round. A converted QB who played one season of WR and got 340 yards in it? First round is highly optimistic. Second round is unlikely, IMHO. Nobody doubts his physical traits, so the combine isn't going to shoot him up the boards, and might only hinder him.

  • Agree... don't see him going in the first. But he may be rising to the 2nd round and is likely a Day 2 player now.

    While his explosive separation would be an improvement over similar possession WRs on our roster, I don't see the worth... even late. Then there's the injury history including concussions...

    I'd rather go with a bigger, stronger WR if we invest a Day 2 pick at the position.

  • Ugly start to the game... but was never going to be one of those stats driven analysis games anyway.

    @tour2ma said:

    Ugly start to the game... but was never going to be one of those stats driven analysis games anyway.

    Your early thoughts on OL? Mack/Schwartz replacements? With the Harvard FO is Cole Toner from Harvard your new Ali Marpet? Still like moving Greco to C or Jack Allen or G. Glasgow? Have you looked at Alex Huettel BGSU late round?

  • I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I still think Braxton Miller at 32 would be a great wr/special teams pick, if the couple of top receivers are already gone.

    The kid is a football player, and he's very quick, explosive and fast. He's smart, and a good kid.

    I mean, look at Massaquoi and Robieski sp?

    Not good. Braxton could be a star in Cleveland.

    Cyrus Jones in the 4th-6th can do special teams too, and he's actually been playing his position well for several years...