"That Is One Big Mofo"
-
too bad you can't put any of these kids against an alabama or ohio state defense and see how they do.
all the measurables in the prototypical QB mean nothing if you shrink to shit when you're playing against top notch competition. so that's where goff get's more of an edge in my book (right now) than a wentz. n.dakota state? isn't that like akron but only in north dakota? i.e. charlie frye.
and lynch, don't even think about it. blech.
No....its more like Coastal Carolina.
No....its more like Coastal Carolina.
As a CCU alum, I'll take it.
-
My boner for the kid is now larger than bb's for Goff.
Well if we take Wentz at #2 when Goff is still on the board I'm going to cry during every one of the 10 super bowls Goff wins for Dallas.
-
VesnaKociper said:
No, you are right, For instance, when I was fucking your mother, all she could say was "Oh God", "Oh God".......... I kept telling the cunt, "My name's TOM".
There it is, knew we'd get there eventually.
-
Just trying to derail the hype train.
One senior bowl practice and now everybody wants to spend the #2 overall pick on him.
For me, it was more of an absolutely stellar career and growth in his one and a half years as QB. Plus the physical tools, the mental tools and the overall acceptable personality.
In the past I seem to remember TC being leery of late, fast-risers... like Tannehill.
You'd be right. I firmly believe that nothing done after the season should matter, which means that late risers are normally just combine warriors with inflated stock.
However, I was also saying that I'd rather we take Wentz than anyone else while the season was still in play - so this case is different. His meteoric ascension right now is just proof of what I, and a few others, have already been talking about.
I was also on the Bortles train very early, for the record. Very similar case here, in my opinion.
For me, it was more of an absolutely stellar career and growth in his one and a half years as QB. Plus the physical tools, the mental tools and the overall acceptable personality.
You'd be right. I firmly believe that nothing done after the season should matter, which means that late risers are normally just combine warriors with inflated stock.
However, I was also saying that I'd rather we take Wentz than anyone else while the season was still in play - so this case is different. His meteoric ascension right now is just proof of what I, and a few others, have already been talking about.
I was also on the Bortles train very early, for the record. Very similar case here, in my opinion.
Much earlier to Bortles I think, but whatever... your credentials are good here...
What I have not yet seen in Wentz is the mental game. What tape/game showed it to you?
-
Zombo said:
Joe Banner, it seemed odd,
And Joe is doing us no favors:
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_mitchell_schw_2.html
& again FU Joe Banner.. & I assume Banner drafted Schwartz? sounds like his agent has all the help Schwartz needs $$$
-
Banner had one draft, and drafted about 5 players. Mingo, McFadden, Slaughter, Gilkey, and Armonty. Schwartz was a Heckert pick.
thanks chris, that proves Heckert could draft & Banner can way over evaluate players worth. hope not in Schwartz case but franchise tag maybe in Sashi's & Depo's analytics tablets.. Can't lose Mack & Mitch.. Get a 3 year deal done on Mitch imo.
-
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
-
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
I completely agree with you, Chris. We need a couple of things to go right for us, and our offense could look very different. We might not be able to stop anybody next year, but I think our red zone efficiency will go up considerably. More touchdowns and less FG's would've equaled a few more wins last year, and I think that will happen in 2016. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming that we're going to the damn playoffs next year, but it's safe to say I feel we're going to have more wins. And in 2017, our defense will hopefully start to perform like we need it to.
-
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
I completely agree with you, Chris. We need a couple of things to go right for us, and our offense could look very different. We might not be able to stop anybody next year, but I think our red zone efficiency will go up considerably. More touchdowns and less FG's would've equaled a few more wins last year, and I think that will happen in 2016. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming that we're going to the damn playoffs next year, but it's safe to say I feel we're going to have more wins. And in 2017, our defense will hopefully start to perform like we need it to.
I completely agree with you, Chris. We need a couple of things to go right for us, and our offense could look very different. We might not be able to stop anybody next year, but I think our red zone efficiency will go up considerably. More touchdowns and less FG's would've equaled a few more wins last year, and I think that will happen in 2016. Don't get me wrong, I'm not proclaiming that we're going to the damn playoffs next year, but it's safe to say I feel we're going to have more wins. And in 2017, our defense will hopefully start to perform like we need it to.
I just get the impression that we're going to look a lot like the Jags this year. A potent offense, not quite able to get over the .500 hump, but capable of putting big points on the board.
-
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
Great post, but ... Shaw? Connor Shaw?? No, no, no ... Lucky if he makes the roster.
Z
-
Think Mitch will stay, to be honest. Mack is likely gone, though chances of staying probably went from 1% to 10% with Huge Action coming in. We have a chance to be a very interesting team offensively next year. Whoever Hue decides is the guy at QB - McCown, Shaw, Goff, Wentz, whoever - could have a very solid OL, a pro-bowl TE, a pro-bowl WR in Gordon, another alternate in Benjamin, and two capable young backs in Crow and Duke. Rose tinted spectacles off, picking up and Alshon Jeffrey or someone in free agency suddenly makes things even more interesting.
The last several years this team has supposed to have been built around D first, I get the feeling that will change next year.
Great post, but ... Shaw? Connor Shaw?? No, no, no ... Lucky if he makes the roster.
Z
Zombo said:
Great post, but ... Shaw? Connor Shaw?? No, no, no ... Lucky if he makes the roster.
Z
Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.
-
Zombo said:
Great post, but ... Shaw? Connor Shaw?? No, no, no ... Lucky if he makes the roster.
Z
Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.
Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.
Yes, always a chance.
I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.
I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.
If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.
Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!
Zombo
-
No....its more like Coastal Carolina.
As a CCU alum, I'll take it.
As a CCU alum, I'll take it.
I put that in there just for you.
-
VesnaKociper said:
No, you are right, For instance, when I was fucking your mother, all she could say was "Oh God", "Oh God".......... I kept telling the cunt, "My name's TOM".
I have that same issue.
-
Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.
Yes, always a chance.
I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.
I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.
If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.
Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!
Zombo
Zombo said:
Yes, always a chance.
I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.
I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.
If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.
Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!
Zombo
I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.
Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.
-
Zombo said:
Yes, always a chance.
I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.
I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.
If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.
Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!
Zombo
I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.
Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.
I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.
Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.
I'm inclined to agree. Much worse options at QB3 can be had - he looked good in his start against Baltimore, over a year ago, and has hopefully spent his injury-redshirt year 'honing his craft' or whatever cliché you want to use.
-
I just hope we don't see QB3 in action this year no matter who it is.
-
2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis
I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.
-
2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis
I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.
I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.
It's not black and white, whoever is best in camp starts and that's all there is to it. These rookie QBs have a lot more to learn than other positions.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
