Skip to content

"That Is One Big Mofo"

The Browns Board
92 24 3.3k
  • Zombo said:

    Great post, but ... Shaw? Connor Shaw?? No, no, no ... Lucky if he makes the roster.

    Z

    Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.

    @gftchris said:

    Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.

    Yes, always a chance.

    I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.

    I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.

    If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.

    Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    No....its more like Coastal Carolina.

    As a CCU alum, I'll take it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    As a CCU alum, I'll take it.

    I put that in there just for you.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    No, you are right, For instance, when I was fucking your mother, all she could say was "Oh God", "Oh God".......... I kept telling the cunt, "My name's TOM".

    I have that same issue.

  • @gftchris said:

    Well he's currently on the roster. It's unlikely, but I'm not going to argue with Hue-know-Hue if he decides Shaw's the man.

    Yes, always a chance.

    I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.

    I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.

    If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.

    Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Yes, always a chance.

    I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.

    I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.

    If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.

    Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!

    Zombo

    I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.

    Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.

  • Zombo said:

    Yes, always a chance.

    I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.

    I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.

    If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.

    Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!

    Zombo

    I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.

    Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.

    Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.

    I'm inclined to agree. Much worse options at QB3 can be had - he looked good in his start against Baltimore, over a year ago, and has hopefully spent his injury-redshirt year 'honing his craft' or whatever cliché you want to use.

  • I just hope we don't see QB3 in action this year no matter who it is.

  • 2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

  • 2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    @tour2ma said:

    2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

  • @tour2ma said:

    2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

    @tacosman said:

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

    It's not black and white, whoever is best in camp starts and that's all there is to it. These rookie QBs have a lot more to learn than other positions.

  • Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

  • Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

  • @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

    OIC

  • Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two, although he did play in the 2nd half of week three.

  • @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two, although he did play in the 2nd half of week three.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two.

    I suspect you're right about the last part, but I disagree that if someone's drafted high it means you *must* play them straight away.

  • @gftchris said:

    Banner had one draft, and drafted about 5 players. Mingo, McFadden, Slaughter, Gilkey, and Armonty. Schwartz was a Heckert pick.

    thanks chris, that proves Heckert could draft & Banner can way over evaluate players worth. hope not in Schwartz case but franchise tag maybe in Sashi's & Depo's analytics tablets.. Can't lose Mack & Mitch.. Get a 3 year deal done on Mitch imo.

    @gumby73 said:

    thanks chris, that proves Heckert could draft & Banner can way over evaluate players worth. hope not in Schwartz case but franchise tag maybe in Sashi's & Depo's analytics tablets.. Can't lose Mack & Mitch.. Get a 3 year deal done on Mitch imo.

    Um, regarding the franchise tag in The Schwartz's case- no. All offensive linemen get lumped into one class- and franchising Mitchell would put him in Joe Thomas' pay range. The tag was $12 million last year. He'll probably get offered a significant raise, but not that kind of money for a RT.