Skip to content

"That Is One Big Mofo"

The Browns Board
92 24 3.3k
  • Zombo said:

    Yes, always a chance.

    I am guessing of the four QBs on the roster now, McCown is the only one who sticks.

    I see a rookie drafted, pretty much for sure. And if we keep a third QB, prob someone Hue has had his eye on or had in his system.

    If Davis or Shaw do make the roster, Davis might have more of an in, since Sashi gave him a new contract while Farmer was suspended.

    Don't know if Hue is into short guys with average arms, but I guess there is always a chance for Shaw. He has a lot of "moxie"!

    Zombo

    I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.

    Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I actually think the roster could be McCown, rookie QB, Shaw.

    Not only does Shaw have a lot of moxie (whatever), he's equally as athletic as Manziel, and he's extremely studious....like to the point of fanaticism. Shaw was the unquestioned leader of that good run of S.Car teams. I think that's kind of what Hue values in a QB. He's a great QB3, IMO.

    I'm inclined to agree. Much worse options at QB3 can be had - he looked good in his start against Baltimore, over a year ago, and has hopefully spent his injury-redshirt year 'honing his craft' or whatever cliché you want to use.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #82

    I just hope we don't see QB3 in action this year no matter who it is.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #83

    2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

  • 2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @tour2ma said:

    2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

  • @tour2ma said:

    2016 QB Depth Chart: McC-Rookie-Davis

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @tacosman said:

    I see this tossed about on the board a lot.....but as I've said many times now- if you draft a qb number 2 overall in 2016, you DONT draft him to sit. period. #2 overall picks don't sit behind 37 year old journeymen their first year. Just doesnt happen. Maybe a start, but not the majority of the season. Every single guy taken in that range lately is going to be the starter.

    It's not black and white, whoever is best in camp starts and that's all there is to it. These rookie QBs have a lot more to learn than other positions.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

  • Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

  • @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @tour2ma said:

    But Bortles was a #3... 😉

    OIC

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #89
  • Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #90

    @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two, although he did play in the 2nd half of week three.

  • @gftchris said:

    Bortles sat for a good portion of his rookie year. Arguably, RG3 should have sat.

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two, although he did play in the 2nd half of week three.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @jrb12711 said:

    Not really, he sat for three games that season. It's a pretty fair statement to make that a guy drafted in the top five should be a starter by the first quarter of the season at the very latest. I have a pretty good feeling if that's how we go he'll be a day 1 guy though.

    Edit: Meant to put three where I put two.

    I suspect you're right about the last part, but I disagree that if someone's drafted high it means you *must* play them straight away.

  • @gftchris said:

    Banner had one draft, and drafted about 5 players. Mingo, McFadden, Slaughter, Gilkey, and Armonty. Schwartz was a Heckert pick.

    thanks chris, that proves Heckert could draft & Banner can way over evaluate players worth. hope not in Schwartz case but franchise tag maybe in Sashi's & Depo's analytics tablets.. Can't lose Mack & Mitch.. Get a 3 year deal done on Mitch imo.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @gumby73 said:

    thanks chris, that proves Heckert could draft & Banner can way over evaluate players worth. hope not in Schwartz case but franchise tag maybe in Sashi's & Depo's analytics tablets.. Can't lose Mack & Mitch.. Get a 3 year deal done on Mitch imo.

    Um, regarding the franchise tag in The Schwartz's case- no. All offensive linemen get lumped into one class- and franchising Mitchell would put him in Joe Thomas' pay range. The tag was $12 million last year. He'll probably get offered a significant raise, but not that kind of money for a RT.