Skip to content

Camp Wentz- Starts here.

The Browns Board
375 48 14.5k
  • @mike-h said:

    As do I, but we are talking about NFL.com right now. No biggie.

    That is very true, I probably shouldn't have brought up my big board beliefs while talking about a big board.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That is very true, I probably shouldn't have brought up my big board beliefs while talking about a big board.

    "I have him as my one and I trust me the most." is what I was referring to. I have him one, too, but was discussing Mayock's rankings update.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That is very true, I probably shouldn't have brought up my big board beliefs while talking about a big board.

    "I have him as my one and I trust me the most." is what I was referring to. I have him one, too, but was discussing Mayock's rankings update.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @mike-h said:

    "I have him as my one and I trust me the most." is what I was referring to. I have him one, too, but was discussing Mayock's rankings update.

    This has been a lesson in "internet miscommunication".

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Guys who evaluate talent for a living thought Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell were good ideas. If the Browns draft a QB @ 2, and he stinks, it would mean a bunch of 4-12 seasons. Good news is that's what we are used to.

  • Guys who evaluate talent for a living thought Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell were good ideas. If the Browns draft a QB @ 2, and he stinks, it would mean a bunch of 4-12 seasons. Good news is that's what we are used to.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out

    @baconhound said:

    Guys who evaluate talent for a living thought Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell were good ideas. If the Browns draft a QB @ 2, and he stinks, it would mean a bunch of 4-12 seasons. Good news is that's what we are used to.

    Well, guys who evaluate talent for a living weren't wrong. Both of those guys were talented. That's why guys who evaluate talent for a living aren't GM's, they're scouts.

    But actual GM's do infinitely more than evaluate talent, and good ones likely noticed that both Russell and Leaf had issues outside of football that were legitimate red flags.

    From what we've been presented as fans, neither of these guys present those same issues.

    For the record, I was out on Russell. Not on Leaf, though...

    ...then again, I was only 9.

  • @baconhound said:

    Guys who evaluate talent for a living thought Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell were good ideas. If the Browns draft a QB @ 2, and he stinks, it would mean a bunch of 4-12 seasons. Good news is that's what we are used to.

    Well, guys who evaluate talent for a living weren't wrong. Both of those guys were talented. That's why guys who evaluate talent for a living aren't GM's, they're scouts.

    But actual GM's do infinitely more than evaluate talent, and good ones likely noticed that both Russell and Leaf had issues outside of football that were legitimate red flags.

    From what we've been presented as fans, neither of these guys present those same issues.

    For the record, I was out on Russell. Not on Leaf, though...

    ...then again, I was only 9.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, guys who evaluate talent for a living weren't wrong. Both of those guys were talented. That's why guys who evaluate talent for a living aren't GM's, they're scouts.

    But actual GM's do infinitely more than evaluate talent, and good ones likely noticed that both Russell and Leaf had issues outside of football that were legitimate red flags.

    From what we've been presented as fans, neither of these guys present those same issues.

    For the record, I was out on Russell. Not on Leaf, though...

    ...then again, I was only 9.

    We don't have a GM

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Well, guys who evaluate talent for a living weren't wrong. Both of those guys were talented. That's why guys who evaluate talent for a living aren't GM's, they're scouts.

    But actual GM's do infinitely more than evaluate talent, and good ones likely noticed that both Russell and Leaf had issues outside of football that were legitimate red flags.

    From what we've been presented as fans, neither of these guys present those same issues.

    For the record, I was out on Russell. Not on Leaf, though...

    ...then again, I was only 9.

    We don't have a GM

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    We don't have a GM

    Therein lies our problem.

  • @baconhound said:

    Guys who evaluate talent for a living thought Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell were good ideas. If the Browns draft a QB @ 2, and he stinks, it would mean a bunch of 4-12 seasons. Good news is that's what we are used to.

    Well, guys who evaluate talent for a living weren't wrong. Both of those guys were talented. That's why guys who evaluate talent for a living aren't GM's, they're scouts.

    But actual GM's do infinitely more than evaluate talent, and good ones likely noticed that both Russell and Leaf had issues outside of football that were legitimate red flags.

    From what we've been presented as fans, neither of these guys present those same issues.

    For the record, I was out on Russell. Not on Leaf, though...

    ...then again, I was only 9.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    ...then again, I was only 9.

    Excuses, excuses...

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    Saw him on Gruden's QB camp, and he came off as smart and affable.

    Not sure if he would transition from North Dakota St. to putting the Browns on his back and helping them win a championship ... but he would be a more a likeable guy than Quinn, Weeds and Manzie, that's for sure.

    He seems to have all the tools and the brain to pick up what he's missing.

    Hue Jack got Flacco up and running in year one coming out of Delaware, so maybe he's the man for this job.

    Zombo

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    Gruden says Wentz is most NFL ready QB he has met in "years"

    https://t.co/lsyEcVTl8P

  • Gruden says Wentz is most NFL ready QB he has met in "years"

    https://t.co/lsyEcVTl8P

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @mike-h said:

    Gruden says Wentz is most NFL ready QB he has met in "years"

    https://t.co/lsyEcVTl8P

    ... actual comment is "a couple years"...

    ... and then Jon said all he needs to do is "everything faster quicker".

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by

    G2Eoqv3.gif

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Fortunately for me that moniker has been assigned... 🙂

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    Carson Wentz is absolutely everything I'd look for in a qb. And, every single qb that ever

    comes out of college has to learn to do things faster/quicker. The league is faster/quicker.

    But nobody is smarter than Wentz. And he LOVES the game. I can't imagine the Browns

    not drafting him at #2.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    ..Unless Tunsil is available. Which he will be. Because Titans will now be taking Ramsey..

  • Carson Wentz is absolutely everything I'd look for in a qb. And, every single qb that ever

    comes out of college has to learn to do things faster/quicker. The league is faster/quicker.

    But nobody is smarter than Wentz. And he LOVES the game. I can't imagine the Browns

    not drafting him at #2.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    ... every single qb that ever

    True, but the "quick" gap is not the same for all players.

    I get the Wentz attraction.... great kid, personable, big, only a tad goofy, big hands. But he is and will remain #2 on my QB board.

    Should we call his name, I will not have to fight the fight I did with our last QB draftee... to keep my dinner down.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    ... every single qb that ever

    True, but the "quick" gap is not the same for all players.

    I get the Wentz attraction.... great kid, personable, big, only a tad goofy, big hands. But he is and will remain #2 on my QB board.

    Should we call his name, I will not have to fight the fight I did with our last QB draftee... to keep my dinner down.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Should we call his name, I will not have to fight the fight I did with our last QB draftee... to keep my dinner down.

    Lucky his name isnt ralph.....

  • @tour2ma said:

    Should we call his name, I will not have to fight the fight I did with our last QB draftee... to keep my dinner down.

    Lucky his name isnt ralph.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Lucky his name isnt ralph.....

    😁 Yep, that would be risky business indeed.....................

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    "I think he's the most NFL-ready quarterback that we've had in the last couple of years." Gruden says

    in the Wentz feature, which will air in April."

    from a MKC article, Cleveland.com

    Mayock compared him to Andrew Luck, saying:

    "When I look at him, I see a kid that's as athletic or more athletic than Andrew Luck, He's bigger than

    Andrew Luck. He's got arm strength comparable to Andrew Luck. He just doesn't have the experience

    that Andrew Luck had..."

    Greg Cosell of NFL Films:

    "Hands down, Wentz was the best quarterback in these workouts." (in the combine)

    Of course the Browns should, and will? draft Wentz at #2.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    Uh oh.....that doesnt bode well for Wentz, does it?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    Don't know about that -- the #1 will be Ramsey to Titans. So, Tunsil will be available.