Skip to content

Will Mack stay or go?

The Browns Board
57 23 2.1k
  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #2

    It seemed like a certainty he would be gone about one month ago. Do these comments change your perception?

    Also: Can't believe Mack is 30, because that means I'm 30.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #3

    The Browns have the money to pay him and then some.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Too tough to tell, 50/50 maybe

  • The Browns have the money to pay him and then some.

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #5

    One Post From the Truth said:

    The Browns have the money to pay him and then some.

    The issue is he has an Opt-out in his contract.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    If he leaves it won't be because of salary concerns. There's no way he'll get a better deal than that in the FA market, but he was pretty damn apt on leaving before.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Who says, you can't go home. when I first heard the opt out clause, can't change now, Cali. Winners Oakland or Rams but 9'ers (Kelly/O'Neil) & S.D with Rivers last hooray may get Mack Paid. Sashi holds the pen & cap space. don't blame me 😉

  • Who says, you can't go home. when I first heard the opt out clause, can't change now, Cali. Winners Oakland or Rams but 9'ers (Kelly/O'Neil) & S.D with Rivers last hooray may get Mack Paid. Sashi holds the pen & cap space. don't blame me 😉

    Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gumby73 said:

    Who says, you can't go home. when I first heard the opt out clause, can't change now, Cali. Winners Oakland or Rams but 9'ers (Kelly/O'Neil) & S.D with Rivers last hooray may get Mack Paid. Sashi holds the pen & cap space. don't blame me 😉

    Can someone translate this? 😛

  • @gumby73 said:

    Who says, you can't go home. when I first heard the opt out clause, can't change now, Cali. Winners Oakland or Rams but 9'ers (Kelly/O'Neil) & S.D with Rivers last hooray may get Mack Paid. Sashi holds the pen & cap space. don't blame me 😉

    Can someone translate this? 😛

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @mike-h said:

    Can someone translate this? 😛

    Excuse me may I inflect? Gumby and I speak jive.

    He's says it's up to him to stay in Cleveland.

    Says he could get more $ in SD maybe Oak,LA or even SF all teams in CA.

    But it's up to Sashi, he writes the checks.

    And don't blame him he'll whoop somebody's ass real good.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Who says, you can't go home. when I first heard the opt out clause, can't change now, Cali. Winners Oakland or Rams but 9'ers (Kelly/O'Neil) & S.D with Rivers last hooray may get Mack Paid. Sashi holds the pen & cap space. don't blame me 😉

    Can someone translate this? 😛

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @mike-h said:

    Can someone translate this? 😛

    😛 Honestly, get over yourself. This is like your 3rd translate this. Read my interest & to add I don't care what some of the English majors think. My life is good period. Go Browns!!

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    The Browns have the money to pay him and then some.

    The issue is he has an Opt-out in his contract.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @mike-h said:

    The issue is he has an Opt-out in his contract.

    Yeah- and he's in the top 5 in salary already, with the most guaranteed. http://overthecap.com/position/center/

    If he takes off, he's not going to get a significantly better deal. It would be to play for a team with SB aspirations, and how many of those are going to be willing to pay a center $9 million + a year, & have the cap room to do so?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Beware the ides of March! March 15, 2016 at 16:00 EST to be specific...

    Smart to not burn any bridges, but I do not see him returning.

  • It seemed like a certainty he would be gone about one month ago. Do these comments change your perception?

    Also: Can't believe Mack is 30, because that means I'm 30.

    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @mike-h said:

    It seemed like a certainty he would be gone about one month ago. Do these comments change your perception?

    Also: Can't believe Mack is 30, because that means I'm 30.

    The fact that he refers to the Browns as 'they' and not 'we' makes me think he has already made up his mind to leave. I hope I am wrong.

  • Beware the ides of March! March 15, 2016 at 16:00 EST to be specific...

    Smart to not burn any bridges, but I do not see him returning.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Beware the ides of March! March 15, 2016 at 16:00 EST to be specific...

    Smart to not burn any bridges, but I do not see him returning.

    Not the end of the world should he opt out, and not get a better deal elsewhere.

    But if it's a Phil Dawson scenario and I want to get out of Dodge for less money, yup- better hope Erving improves 100%.

  • DeputyDawgD DeputyDawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I agree Osiris "they" is significant to me too.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Sounds like he's just saying the correct thingm - telling everyone how much you hate your current employer doesn't put you in a great position to negotiate elsewhere.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    let him leave it isn't like this OL is that great . check the stats there's allways room for improvement

  • let him leave it isn't like this OL is that great . check the stats there's allways room for improvement

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @7moses7 said:

    let him leave it isn't like this OL is that great . check the stats there's allways room for improvement

    Yeah, our OL is so bad, we should let our multiple pro-bowl center leave. Makes complete sense.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #19

    I couldn't help notice that he uses the words they and their in his statement as opposed to we and our.

    WSS

    EDIT: I see Osiris beat me to that observation.

  • I couldn't help notice that he uses the words they and their in his statement as opposed to we and our.

    WSS

    EDIT: I see Osiris beat me to that observation.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @westside-steve said:

    I couldn't help notice that he uses the words they and their in his statement as opposed to we and our.

    WSS

    EDIT: I see Osiris beat me to that observation.

    Very perceptive.

    Seems Mack has the leverage here with the contract clause. It must be nice to be able to shop around and still have a job making 8 million dollars.

    When Mack got his contract there were teams lined up to sign him. I'm with bbedward it's too early to tell.

  • @mike-h said:

    The issue is he has an Opt-out in his contract.

    Yeah- and he's in the top 5 in salary already, with the most guaranteed. http://overthecap.com/position/center/

    If he takes off, he's not going to get a significantly better deal. It would be to play for a team with SB aspirations, and how many of those are going to be willing to pay a center $9 million + a year, & have the cap room to do so?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah- and he's in the top 5 in salary already, with the most guaranteed. http://overthecap.com/position/center/

    If he takes off, he's not going to get a significantly better deal. It would be to play for a team with SB aspirations, and how many of those are going to be willing to pay a center $9 million + a year, & have the cap room to do so?

    Right, exactly. If he's about the money (which I don't blame players for at all), he'll stay in Cleveland. If he really wants to chase a ring, a team like NE would make a lot of sense but he'd be taking a pay cut all but likely.