Camp Lynch
-
There are real scouts, and then there are pretend scouts, bloggers and fans.
The contrast and change in draft projection that's going to occur over the next few months happens as the latter (everyone here, including me) learn more about the opinions and grades of the former. Leaks also help shape draft boards and grades.
I like Lynch, Goff and Wentz. I just don't know enough about all the other prospects to really value them yet -- without plagiarizing other people's rankings or work. Grading every single player and forming a "Big board" is so time consuming, I couldn't imagine being someone who actually does that, and doesn't borrow from his peers. I know certain people who do this. They get a "starting point" by taking another writer's rankings. That's wrong to me, and part of the problem this time of year.
I'm writing something, ranking the three of them against each other, not against other draft prospects. It should be out next week, and I'll link if people want to see it.
There are real scouts, and then there are pretend scouts, bloggers and fans.
The contrast and change in draft projection that's going to occur over the next few months happens as the latter (everyone here, including me) learn more about the opinions and grades of the former. Leaks also help shape draft boards and grades.
I like Lynch, Goff and Wentz. I just don't know enough about all the other prospects to really value them yet -- without plagiarizing other people's rankings or work. Grading every single player and forming a "Big board" is so time consuming, I couldn't imagine being someone who actually does that, and doesn't borrow from his peers. I know certain people who do this. They get a "starting point" by taking another writer's rankings. That's wrong to me, and part of the problem this time of year.
I'm writing something, ranking the three of them against each other, not against other draft prospects. It should be out next week, and I'll link if people want to see it.
Its OK to do this if you are paid to do this. Scouts/GMs are supposed to be professionals at this. To do it as a "hobby"? No thank you.
-
Camp "Draft a late round talent with the 2nd pick"
I mean seriously, I'm a huge supporter of drafting Goff, and wouldn't mind a guy like Wentz. But come on, Paxton Lynch is a mid to late round draft pick.
I would rather draft someone like Treadwell or Bosa if we aren't going QB, but I really don't think that's going to happen
-
Camp "Draft a late round talent with the 2nd pick"
I mean seriously, I'm a huge supporter of drafting Goff, and wouldn't mind a guy like Wentz. But come on, Paxton Lynch is a mid to late round draft pick.
I would rather draft someone like Treadwell or Bosa if we aren't going QB, but I really don't think that's going to happen
How do you figure hes a mid to late round pick? Everything Ive seen has him going first round. The difference in physical tools between the first 3 QBs is small. Youre not drafting a QB on what he did last year in college. Youre drafting a QB on how hes projected 5 years down the road. The things that will differentiate these QBs down the road are not measurable, nor can they be seen on tape. Things like mental capacity, anticipation, nerves, preperation, and leadership abilities will be the deciding factor on whos the best. Everyone complains that Paxton threw the ball short too much. Is that really his fault? Maybe the coach is ultra conservative. Maybe they didnt trust the oline and couldnt risk getting him hurt. Maybe his recievers couldnt get seperation. Who knows? Ill tell ya one thing, his chance of success based on physical tools alone are on par if not exceeding Goff. This decision should be made based on interviews and research. Interviews with these players, their coaches, their parents, and their teammates. Research on their schoolwork, demeanor, and work ethic.Camp "Draft a late round talent with the 2nd pick"
I mean seriously, I'm a huge supporter of drafting Goff, and wouldn't mind a guy like Wentz. But come on, Paxton Lynch is a mid to late round draft pick.
I would rather draft someone like Treadwell or Bosa if we aren't going QB, but I really don't think that's going to happen
-
I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience
-
I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience
I agree wentz has yhe advantage of playing a pro style offense but not as much competition as lynch has had also not near as much experience
Went plays a *lot* of read option, out of shotgun a lot, and a strangely high amount of the time it's on a reverse. He'll do that a lot less in the pros, I feel.
-
Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers
And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.
Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?
Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.
-
Had to assume the connection between haslam and lynch both being from tenn.
-
Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers
And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.
Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?
Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.
Lynch attended a Super Bowl party with the Haslam's Saturday. The Browns are going after a quarterback and are already looking. Mudfly is spot on about wasting another first round pick with so many needs. Farmer's two drafts set us back with no QB, wide recievers
And it's going to take a few years to reboot. I'm with Mudfly on this. We need an edge rusher, OT, wide receiver, running back, lineman, and a franchise quarterback in a year where the QB's are underwhelming.
Can we find a diamond in the rough? Brady, Kaepernick or Russell Wilson? Can we get a free agent? Or groom a too skinny Goff, Lynch or Wentz?
Hue Jackson has his work cut out for him that's for sure.
Edge rusher: obvious choice: Bosa
WR: Josh Gordon plus a draft pick
RB: We have Crowell, Duke Johnson....we just need them to be what they can be (plus...late round choice)
QB? How about Connor Cook?
Lineman: are you talking OL or DL?
-
Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?
-
Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?
Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
-
Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.
But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....
Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...
-
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.
But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....
Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...
Im with you on both counts....and have said this before.....if "the guy" is there, you take him....period.
But, this year, if he's not....Id prefer they just pass on taking their "project" in the 2nd or 3rd, cause we need so many players.....just tap the best overall players with the first 3 or 4 picks, then grab your project QB later.....
Cause pick #32 might as well be pick #22 and I dont want to burn another late first round pick on a Weeden, Quinn or Manziel...we cant afford to keep doing that...
I agree. Get the guy or bust. I wouldn't want to see them take a flyer on a shaky QB prospect with a 2nd or 3rd rounder just because. If their guy is there they need to get him, but otherwise I'd rather not draft a QB at all.
-
Is it more likely that the browns trade down and pick up lynch in the top 10 rather than at number 2?
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
It's unlikely anyone picks Lynch up in the top ten.
But, I can't see us trading back and still taking a qb. If they think there is *the* QB to have, they won't hesitate to take him.
Agreed entirely.
And I'll add that even though I'm in Camp Goff and feel very confident there, if the FO doesn't draft a QB I trust them enough to figure it's because the right guy isn't in this draft.
-
I believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.
A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|
To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thought -
I believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.
A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|
To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thoughtI believe lynch has the talent and the physical gifts to be selected as the number 2 overall pick by the browns. Goff lacks even modest arm strength to be blunt. Carson Wentz and Lynch I believe are the type of QB the browns are looking for. That being said we can pretty much rule out Goff. Lynch had one of the most effective deep balls in CFB last year has shown constant improvement his whole college career. I've watched every video of each of the top 3 on draftbreakdown and i can honestly say lynch outperforms wentz on tape. not to say Goff doesn't look like a fine QB but in my observation he looked a bit "weak" to put it lightly. Really soft player. Fantastic! with a clean pocket but can react poorly when pressured. when goff is asked to rely on his arm is when he is at his worst. But with proper strength training and probably a year maybe two on the bench he could be a great QB. Biggest concern with Wentz over lynch is Wentz has a history of injury to his throwing arm which is concerning.
A stellar perfomance from Lynch in the Combine and a good pro day and we could easily see him as the next QB for the Browns|
To be completely honest this draft is shaping to have 3 QB selected in the top 15. From a supposed "weak" QB class. Food for thought
Yes, I have said, these QBs will be overdrafted. This could be a Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert Christian Ponder kind of year.
-
Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.
There are scenarios where the competition among teams who have franchise QBs on their roster get in competition for top position players. Someone wins, takes a player and the previous bidders for another position compete for the next pick. Some team misses, but has a close #2 at the position taken and is now afraid they'll miss both their guys. Should one of the latter gain the next pick, then suddenly you have a budding run on a position.
And the beat goes on...
The above opens a path to moving back a few spots and still getting "our QB"... whomever, it may be. The above is certainly helped by having two or more QBs rated equally, a situation I do not see, but understand may be the case.
-
Never say never... anyone still playing FirstPick has seen a shift in the game's Top Ten action.
There are scenarios where the competition among teams who have franchise QBs on their roster get in competition for top position players. Someone wins, takes a player and the previous bidders for another position compete for the next pick. Some team misses, but has a close #2 at the position taken and is now afraid they'll miss both their guys. Should one of the latter gain the next pick, then suddenly you have a budding run on a position.
And the beat goes on...
The above opens a path to moving back a few spots and still getting "our QB"... whomever, it may be. The above is certainly helped by having two or more QBs rated equally, a situation I do not see, but understand may be the case.
-
but one of the top 3 may not be "the" qb
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login