Skip to content

Analytics and some dice tell me this draft is the one

The Browns Board
41 16 1.6k
  • VesnaKociper said:

    Again, at least the poster gets it. He understands what the Browns need, and it sure as hell isn't offensive linemen.

    So? I could make up a dream list of guys I want- with zero chance of it happening in reality. Essentially what the OP did. 🙂

    For good measure, I want Joey Bosa and Cardale Jones on top of his list.

    & no, I'm not into offensive line this year either, unless both Schwartz and Mack take off, then you risk a low round pick.

  • Time to fire up first-pick.com

    Offense aplenty here

    Round 1 Pick 11 (CHI): Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 12 (N.O.):
    Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1:
    Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 2:
    Jeremy Cash, SS/FS, Duke (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 1:
    Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State ( 😎
    Round 5 Pick 2:
    Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State ( 😎
    Round 6 Pick 1:
    Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 2:
    De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (D+)

    @jcam222 said:

    Time to fire up first-pick.com

    Offense aplenty here

    Round 1 Pick 11 (CHI): Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (A)

    Round 1 Pick 12 (N.O.): Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 2: Jeremy Cash, SS/FS, Duke (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State ( 😎

    Round 5 Pick 2: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State ( 😎

    Round 6 Pick 1: Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A+)

    Round 7 Pick 2: De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (D+)

    You want to drop down to pick 11 and 12, and you think that both Wentz and Treadwell would be there for those picks? Then you think EZE will still be there for #32?

    First off: who the fuck are you thinking you are trading with? And secondly: what ARE you smoking?

  • Sure, if we could get that I'm guessing most people would be happy if we got the top WR, top RB, top S, one of the top QBs plus home-state hero in the 5th. But, I think I'll file this under 'unlikely'

  • @jcam222 said:

    Time to fire up first-pick.com

    Offense aplenty here

    Round 1 Pick 11 (CHI): Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State (A)

    Round 1 Pick 12 (N.O.): Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 2: Jeremy Cash, SS/FS, Duke (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Kyler Fackrell, OLB/DE, Utah State ( 😎

    Round 5 Pick 2: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State ( 😎

    Round 6 Pick 1: Keyarris Garrett, WR, Tulsa (A+)

    Round 7 Pick 2: De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (D+)

    You want to drop down to pick 11 and 12, and you think that both Wentz and Treadwell would be there for those picks? Then you think EZE will still be there for #32?

    First off: who the fuck are you thinking you are trading with? And secondly: what ARE you smoking?

    @the-gipper said:

    You want to drop down to pick 11 and 12, and you think that both Wentz and Treadwell would be there for those picks? Then you think EZE will still be there for #32?

    First off: who the fuck are you thinking you are trading with? And secondly: what ARE you smoking?

    As I told Ghoolie, firstpick.com is for crackhead goobers who run a fantasy draft that's isn't going to happen in reality. Walter Football has Zeke going #22 to the Texans, who are ready to give up on Arian Foster. He might even go higher than that. Now if he had mocked us Derrek Henry (who I don't want) @ #32, that's at least believable.

  • damn. i wish we could pick the first ten of the top ten prospects but is that going to happen?

    hell, even if the browns did, they would walk away knowing they only got one player out of the 10 that will last in the NFL longer than 3 years.

  • yeah zeke isn't making it out of the 1st round. What's scary is that some of the really good teams in this league are going to have a look at him in the 20's somewhere. If he's there when we pick in the 2nd, and we don't take him. I dunno what i'm gonna do. One of the most complete backs coming out of college in a long time. It will be my cue to relax next season and not care much cause in all likelihood it'll be another fiasco with people calling for the new coach's job halfway through the season.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    In any case, the Browns need a QB, WRs, RBs, DL, DB/LB in that order. OL are not worth crippling your team for 16 years. Too much focus on the fatasses that are of least important has destroyed the Browns.

    cause our O line so serviceable right? We can bring in any rookie QB and he'll be allowed to grow right? I don't get what your issue is with O line. All great offenses have good to great O lines. You saw what happened to Brady when his protection broke down the other week right? And that's Tom fucking Brady that all of a sudden looked like an avg QB.

  • A big LOL and I may just be a goober head. It was simply a draft generated off one of the simulators I ran and posted for FUN. I do wish I had an extra first rounder in my ass to pull out and use but I traded down from 2 , picked up that teams 2017 first and then traded ours to get Treadwell. Will it happen? Hell no but nice to dream.

  • "sigh"

    switch threads....

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Larry, you goofy bastard, LMAO................. crackhead goober? I will have you know I am NOT a crackhead, 🙂

    I have no idea what firstpick.com is. My point is not the practicality of this posters choices, but more so his focus and understanding of what the Browns need, and what they have needed since 1999. Offensive weapons. you know as well as I do that draft position doesn't guarantee shit, and in that, I am not all gooey about any of the top QBs.

    Bosa as our first pick? Lynch as our first pick? Neither one satisfies the perfect draft. Take one, probably lose the other. The Browns have a lot of options to trade up, but I am not talking about trading #2 in line to get #1. I am rather talking about trading a second round, maybe something next year, certianly Joe Thomas, and picking twice in round #1.

    In any case, the Browns need a QB, WRs, RBs, DL, DB/LB in that order. OL are not worth crippling your team for 16 years. Too much focus on the fatasses that are of least important has destroyed the Browns.

    What, you being Retard? I didn't question his list of needs, I questioned his dumb ass approach of getting what we need in the real world.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You want to drop down to pick 11 and 12, and you think that both Wentz and Treadwell would be there for those picks? Then you think EZE will still be there for #32?

    First off: who the fuck are you thinking you are trading with? And secondly: what ARE you smoking?

    As I told Ghoolie, firstpick.com is for crackhead goobers who run a fantasy draft that's isn't going to happen in reality. Walter Football has Zeke going #22 to the Texans, who are ready to give up on Arian Foster. He might even go higher than that. Now if he had mocked us Derrek Henry (who I don't want) @ #32, that's at least believable.

    @hoorta said:

    As I told Ghoolie, firstpick.com is for crackhead goobers who run a fantasy draft that's isn't going to happen in reality. Walter Football has Zeke going #22 to the Texans, who are ready to give up on Arian Foster. He might even go higher than that. Now if he had mocked us Derrek Henry (who I don't want) @ #32, that's at least believable.

    one of the NFL network dudes has Zeke going #10 to the Giants and Carson Wentz going #4 to the Cowboys.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    Larry, you goofy bastard, LMAO................. crackhead goober? I will have you know I am NOT a crackhead, 🙂

    I have no idea what firstpick.com is. My point is not the practicality of this posters choices, but more so his focus and understanding of what the Browns need, and what they have needed since 1999. Offensive weapons. you know as well as I do that draft position doesn't guarantee shit, and in that, I am not all gooey about any of the top QBs.

    Bosa as our first pick? Lynch as our first pick? Neither one satisfies the perfect draft. Take one, probably lose the other. The Browns have a lot of options to trade up, but I am not talking about trading #2 in line to get #1. I am rather talking about trading a second round, maybe something next year, certianly Joe Thomas, and picking twice in round #1.

    In any case, the Browns need a QB, WRs, RBs, DL, DB/LB in that order. OL are not worth crippling your team for 16 years. Too much focus on the fatasses that are of least important has destroyed the Browns.

    What, you being Retard? I didn't question his list of needs, I questioned his dumb ass approach of getting what we need in the real world.

    @hoorta said:

    What, you being Retard? I didn't question his list of needs, I questioned his dumb ass approach of getting what we meed in the real world.

    Hoorta ordinary I respect your posts but you are being a bit of a troll here. First of all I am far from a dumbass. Secondly the draft I posted is the result I got using the draft simulator. I suppose I could have picked shittier players lol. I don't believe I once said it was likely in reality. As matter of fact I know it's not. I simply manipulated the draft as it was dealt and got a pretty kickass result.
  • @hoorta said:

    As I told Ghoolie, firstpick.com is for crackhead goobers who run a fantasy draft that's isn't going to happen in reality. Walter Football has Zeke going #22 to the Texans, who are ready to give up on Arian Foster. He might even go higher than that. Now if he had mocked us Derrek Henry (who I don't want) @ #32, that's at least believable.

    one of the NFL network dudes has Zeke going #10 to the Giants and Carson Wentz going #4 to the Cowboys.

    @mark-o said:

    one of the NFL network dudes has Zeke going #10 to the Giants and Carson Wentz going #4 to the Cowboys.

    saw that as well. zeke and the giants make a lot of sense. hate to see him some where other than in a browns uni, but if anything, at least i'd get to see him play every week. when are the browns ever again put an emphasis on getting top notch talent at wr and rb?

    this coming from a D first guy.

  • @mark-o said:

    one of the NFL network dudes has Zeke going #10 to the Giants and Carson Wentz going #4 to the Cowboys.

    saw that as well. zeke and the giants make a lot of sense. hate to see him some where other than in a browns uni, but if anything, at least i'd get to see him play every week. when are the browns ever again put an emphasis on getting top notch talent at wr and rb?

    this coming from a D first guy.

    @miktoxic said:

    saw that as well. zeke and the giants make a lot of sense. hate to see him some where other than in a browns uni, but if anything, at least i'd get to see him play every week. when are the browns ever again put an emphasis on getting top notch talent at wr and rb?

    this coming from a D first guy.

    We tried that and picked Trent Richardson number 3 overall.

  • @hoorta said:

    What, you being Retard? I didn't question his list of needs, I questioned his dumb ass approach of getting what we meed in the real world.

    Hoorta ordinary I respect your posts but you are being a bit of a troll here. First of all I am far from a dumbass. Secondly the draft I posted is the result I got using the draft simulator. I suppose I could have picked shittier players lol. I don't believe I once said it was likely in reality. As matter of fact I know it's not. I simply manipulated the draft as it was dealt and got a pretty kickass result.

    @jcam222 said:

    Hoorta ordinary I respect your posts but you are being a bit of a troll here. First of all I am far from a dumbass. Secondly the draft I posted is the result I got using the draft simulator. I suppose I could have picked shittier players lol. I don't believe I once said it was likely in reality. As matter of fact I know it's not. I simply manipulated the draft as it was dealt and got a pretty kickass result.

    Sorry once you explained yourself. MHO? that simulator isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell. It would only take around another 100 million simulations to come up with that goofy result.

  • VesnaKociper said:

    On this fucking waste of a draft pick cocksucker Joe Thomas............... the ONLY THING I ever asked you blowjobs was to demonstrate to me, if this fucking guy is soooooo good?

    Did we start running the ball better when he arrived? No?

    Did we pass better when he arrived? No?

    Less sacks? No?

    Improved record? Playoffs?

    More division titles? No?

    Beating the Steelers?

    Now, if we drafted a QB who gave you the same fucking answers, AND he remianed the starter for 9 years............ you would be livid. But this no-results cocksucker? You want to blow him and put him in the fucking HOF? Fucking Morons.

    Just stop it already Tom, since you're all about skill positions. That "Joe sucks" mantra is getting f**king old. Reasons the Browns have sucked in Joe's tenure? Want me to post that jersey with 22 quarterbacks names on it? Maybe the Browns have sucked because they drafted qb busts like Quinn and Weeden? Or one of the all time busts at running back Trent Richardson? Or WR bums like Greg Little, Brian Slow-biski, or Mohammed Massive Drop? Should I even mention Ray the Farmer paid a washed up Dwayne Blow around $9 million bucks to catch 5 passes? Or Maybe Mayle, who couldn't even make it out of Training camp?

    BTW, short attention span- the Browns have had a couple thousand yard rushers since Joe's been on the Browns- Peyton Hilis, and Jamal Lewis. You can't improve the running game when you have shit like- as one writer called him- "the Rotting Corpse of Willis McGahee" doing a zombie walk up to the line of scrimmage. Sooooooooooooo sorry we didn't draft Ladanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson when we had the chance- and FYI they were both on the Board when the Browns passed on them.

    That shit stink is everywhere else on offense- but not in Joe's little corner. "The Hate is Strong with you Tom" at least as far as Joe is concerned.

    BTW, the reason why Patriots got away with a mediocre o-line last time is they happen to have one of the all-time greats at quarterback who (usually) can unload the ball so fast- it wouldn't matter if he had a CFL level o-line blocking for him. Not only that- I'd hazard a guess besides Edelman and Gronk- none of his WRs or TEs would even make the Bengals roster. All the Browns have to do is resurrect the Ghost of Otto Graham, and we'll do just fine with a crap offensive line too.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Hoorta ordinary I respect your posts but you are being a bit of a troll here. First of all I am far from a dumbass. Secondly the draft I posted is the result I got using the draft simulator. I suppose I could have picked shittier players lol. I don't believe I once said it was likely in reality. As matter of fact I know it's not. I simply manipulated the draft as it was dealt and got a pretty kickass result.

    Sorry once you explained yourself. MHO? that simulator isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell. It would only take around another 100 million simulations to come up with that goofy result.

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry once you explained yourself. MHO? that simulator isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell. It would only take around another 100 million simulations to come up with that goofy result.

    Realism is not really the point of the draft sims.

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry once you explained yourself. MHO? that simulator isn't worth the powder to blow it to hell. It would only take around another 100 million simulations to come up with that goofy result.

    Realism is not really the point of the draft sims.

    @tour2ma said:

    Realism is not really the point of the draft sims.

    I don't do 'em so I wouldn't know....

  • @miktoxic said:

    saw that as well. zeke and the giants make a lot of sense. hate to see him some where other than in a browns uni, but if anything, at least i'd get to see him play every week. when are the browns ever again put an emphasis on getting top notch talent at wr and rb?

    this coming from a D first guy.

    We tried that and picked Trent Richardson number 3 overall.

    @mark-o said:

    We tried that and picked Trent Richardson number 3 overall.

    Exactly Mark!

  • VesnaKociper said:

    On this fucking waste of a draft pick cocksucker Joe Thomas............... the ONLY THING I ever asked you blowjobs was to demonstrate to me, if this fucking guy is soooooo good?

    Did we start running the ball better when he arrived? No?

    Did we pass better when he arrived? No?

    Less sacks? No?

    Improved record? Playoffs?

    More division titles? No?

    Beating the Steelers?

    Now, if we drafted a QB who gave you the same fucking answers, AND he remianed the starter for 9 years............ you would be livid. But this no-results cocksucker? You want to blow him and put him in the fucking HOF? Fucking Morons.

    Just stop it already Tom, since you're all about skill positions. That "Joe sucks" mantra is getting f**king old. Reasons the Browns have sucked in Joe's tenure? Want me to post that jersey with 22 quarterbacks names on it? Maybe the Browns have sucked because they drafted qb busts like Quinn and Weeden? Or one of the all time busts at running back Trent Richardson? Or WR bums like Greg Little, Brian Slow-biski, or Mohammed Massive Drop? Should I even mention Ray the Farmer paid a washed up Dwayne Blow around $9 million bucks to catch 5 passes? Or Maybe Mayle, who couldn't even make it out of Training camp?

    BTW, short attention span- the Browns have had a couple thousand yard rushers since Joe's been on the Browns- Peyton Hilis, and Jamal Lewis. You can't improve the running game when you have shit like- as one writer called him- "the Rotting Corpse of Willis McGahee" doing a zombie walk up to the line of scrimmage. Sooooooooooooo sorry we didn't draft Ladanian Tomlinson or Adrian Peterson when we had the chance- and FYI they were both on the Board when the Browns passed on them.

    That shit stink is everywhere else on offense- but not in Joe's little corner. "The Hate is Strong with you Tom" at least as far as Joe is concerned.

    BTW, the reason why Patriots got away with a mediocre o-line last time is they happen to have one of the all-time greats at quarterback who (usually) can unload the ball so fast- it wouldn't matter if he had a CFL level o-line blocking for him. Not only that- I'd hazard a guess besides Edelman and Gronk- none of his WRs or TEs would even make the Bengals roster. All the Browns have to do is resurrect the Ghost of Otto Graham, and we'll do just fine with a crap offensive line too.

    @hoorta said:

    Just stop it already Tom, since you're all about skill positions. That "Joe sucks" mantra is getting f**king old.

    Larry, why do you feed that agenda? It's a lot like people complaining about the Jerry Springer Show or the Kardashians being trashy television while they continue to tune in to feed the ratings to the top. Ghoolie knows he's a much better poster than stooping to pretending Joe Thomas has been killing us during 9 consecutive Pro Bowl efforts.

    Everyone already knowsJoe Thomas has nothing to do with why we didn't draft Donovan McNabb instead of Tim Couch or Tom Brady over Spergon Wynn or trade back for Aaron Rodgers instead of taking Braylon Edwards at #3 overall or trading back for Roethlisberger instead of up for Winslow. We could have even selected Kurt Warner in the expansion draft instead of a former Maryland QB with gambling problems (Scot Milanovich). Furthermore, couldn't we have drafted something other than Weeden at #22 overall and taken Russell Wilson in round 2 or possibly even round 3 of that same draft? McNabb was drafted by the NFL team with the worst record in 98 before we pretend Couch was the only QB drafted by a bad team.

    The reason we suck is bad drafting. In 2008, we had no day 1 in a 2 day draft where the only keeper of the entire draft was Rubin. The next year (2009) we were only scheduled for 4 draft picks because Savage had traded away most of our picks. It feels like it was only yesterday when Phil was at his first press conference here telling us something along the line of: "the reason I'm here is to improve the draft. You HAVE to be able to build your team through the draft rather than free agency." Then he went after a bunch of 1 gap dlinemen in FA like Corey Williams, Shaun Rogers, Shaun Smith, knowing full well Romeo preferred 2 gap defenders. In the draft, he picked Kam Wimbley instead of 2 gap sensation Haloti Ngata in round 1 when a better OLB/edge rusher Lamar Woodley didn't go until round 2 to a team that drafted after us in every round. Conceivably, we could have drafted Ngata and Woodley in the first 2 rounds of 1 draft so let Ghoolie's agenda pretend that's all Joe Thomas' fault rather than thinking there's a chance for intelligent conversation to reason with it.

    Savage made some good moves too (like Hank Fraley, Eric Steinbach, Joe J and drafting Joe Thomas) - just not enough to overcome his bad drafting, trading away draft picks, and inability to refrain from crossing over to depending more on free agency. How would anyone like to inherit only 4 draft picks scheduled for 2009 after landing only 1 keeper in the 2008 draft? Sound like fun or Easy Street for the next regime in 2009?