Was Wentz held back?
-
Just my observation & a thought, but it seemed to me that the North passing game was different when Wentz played & after. I saw mostly dinks & dunks with Wentz, but more downfield & open passing game with the subsequent QBs. Interesting that the Dallas staff coached the North & they obviously need to look at QB this year. Through the week, they undoubtedly saw what they wanted to see, but did they refrain from showcasing him during the game?
Mike
-
Just my observation & a thought, but it seemed to me that the North passing game was different when Wentz played & after. I saw mostly dinks & dunks with Wentz, but more downfield & open passing game with the subsequent QBs. Interesting that the Dallas staff coached the North & they obviously need to look at QB this year. Through the week, they undoubtedly saw what they wanted to see, but did they refrain from showcasing him during the game?
Mike
Just my observation & a thought, but it seemed to me that the North passing game was different when Wentz played & after. I saw mostly dinks & dunks with Wentz, but more downfield & open passing game with the subsequent QBs. Interesting that the Dallas staff coached the North & they obviously need to look at QB this year. Through the week, they undoubtedly saw what they wanted to see, but did they refrain from showcasing him during the game?
Mike
Great perspective Mike! If Jerry Jones' football wood factor went from balsa to sequoia - I have no doubt in my mind they would be more interested in throwing bubble screens and dinks and donks than featuring this kid's strengths.
I thought Wentz had a good arm. What I liked even more was how he moved around in the pocket while keeping his eyes down field. I saw poise and accuracy. The completion percentage didn't show how many catchable passes were dropped. Even the 1 throw a DB closed on could have been caught by a lot of NFL Receivers that know how to use their bodies or come back to close on the ball in that situation.
I watched one of his playoff games and I loved what I saw in terms of him knowing where everyone is supposed to be and getting the ball exactly there whether it was a primary, secondary or tertiary route he selected. I still don't have enough to go by overall; BUT I have to say I think he has an ideal starting point for the right coaching staff. I'd even venture to say he would start off with a stronger arm than Dalton had as a rookie QB.
This blowhard still hasn't seen Goff play but I enjoy reading all the praise he gets
-
I watched it too. Rumor has it Dallas is interested in Wentz. Didn't see enough. But other players stood out for sure. Noah Spence the former Ohio State and Adolphus Washington looked good. If we took Goff instead of Bosa there are others pass rushers out there.
I couldn't understand why Wentz was pulled so early.
-
Haven't watched the whole game as yet, but didn't each QB essentially get 1/4? Seemed set for this with 2-minute warnings issued at the end of every quarter.
As for Wentz conspiracies... if starters earned their starts during the weeks' practices, then he faced the best performing defenders. That plus lack of familiarity with receivers could account for a lot stat-wise.
But again, performance as rep'd by stats will run a distant second to choices made or missed when the all-22 is broken down.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login