Skip to content

Camp Cook

The Browns Board
268 35 6.2k
  • Gotta say I hate the idea of bosa at OLB....might as well just stick with Kruger if you're gonna do that.....and if we draft Bosa and use him as a 5tech, then fine, but we still will have the same issues we had last season....namely...OLB's who cant play the run, seal the edges or cover a TE...

    So, nothing gets fixed....

  • @the-gipper said:

    We need a killer on defense. He is rated a more sure fire thing that even Clowney was coming out. While we have some OK DE's, I think he would be a vast improvement over what we have.

    And you take the best player available (and hell...he may NOT be available)

    I think the Browns biggest needs in this draft include QB, WR, ILB, and DL.

    You know my view about these QBs.....late first round talent.

    No ILB rates that high until you get to Ragland....who would be mid round talent.

    No WR rates the #2. If we were drafting # 10 ish....OK.

    If you could find a way to trade our #2 to where we could get 3 first rounders in the mid area, then I would like to see Ragland, Treadwell and one of the QBs......but find that trade.

    Otherwise you take the players worthy of top 3: we don't need Tunsil.....the Tits do.

    Jalen Ramsey? I would rather keep the known commodity in Gipson.

    So Bosa, BPA, fits best.

    So, other people tell he is a sure thing? Maybe for a 4-3 team but as OLB he'd be asked to drop in to coverage and I'm not sure he's capable of that. I don't doubt he'll be a good player somewhere, but for Horton's system it's not a lock.

    @gftchris said:

    So, other people tell he is a sure thing? Maybe for a 4-3 team but as OLB he'd be asked to drop in to coverage and I'm not sure he's capable of that. I don't doubt he'll be a good player somewhere, but for Horton's system it's not a lock.

    So, who the fuck says anything about playing him at OLB? If Browns run a 3-4, he would be a DE....though, like at OSU, he would move around all over the place (like JJ Watt does...that is what Bosa does). If they run a 4-3 he will be a DE there as well.

    Again...he is a fucking football player that runs people over and tackles people. As closely as I have seen him over the years he is fully capable of just about anything.

    Have you ever seen an Ohio St. game? I don't know if you get them over there.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We need a killer on defense. He is rated a more sure fire thing that even Clowney was coming out. While we have some OK DE's, I think he would be a vast improvement over what we have.

    And you take the best player available (and hell...he may NOT be available)

    I think the Browns biggest needs in this draft include QB, WR, ILB, and DL.

    You know my view about these QBs.....late first round talent.

    No ILB rates that high until you get to Ragland....who would be mid round talent.

    No WR rates the #2. If we were drafting # 10 ish....OK.

    If you could find a way to trade our #2 to where we could get 3 first rounders in the mid area, then I would like to see Ragland, Treadwell and one of the QBs......but find that trade.

    Otherwise you take the players worthy of top 3: we don't need Tunsil.....the Tits do.

    Jalen Ramsey? I would rather keep the known commodity in Gipson.

    So Bosa, BPA, fits best.

    Right. But what, in your analysis, makes him a "killer" and a fit for this team. What skills and techniques does he possess that would benefit him in the role we would likely ask him to play - namely, a 3-4 OLBer?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Right. But what, in your analysis, makes him a "killer" and a fit for this team. What skills and techniques does he possess that would benefit him in the role we would likely ask him to play - namely, a 3-4 OLBer?

    He will play defensive End. He is 6'6 275 pounds.

    What skills? The skill to run the fuck over offensive linemen or to run the fuck around them, and to run down rushers, and to kill Quarterbacks.

    Again, I ask.....have any of all y'all ever watched him play? He dominates.

  • I know these are highlight reels.....but there is enough here to show what Bosa can do:

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Right. But what, in your analysis, makes him a "killer" and a fit for this team. What skills and techniques does he possess that would benefit him in the role we would likely ask him to play - namely, a 3-4 OLBer?

    He will play defensive End. He is 6'6 275 pounds.

    What skills? The skill to run the fuck over offensive linemen or to run the fuck around them, and to run down rushers, and to kill Quarterbacks.

    Again, I ask.....have any of all y'all ever watched him play? He dominates.

    @the-gipper said:

    He will play defensive End. He is 6'6 275 pounds.

    What skills? The skill to run the fuck over offensive linemen or to run the fuck around them, and to run down rushers, and to kill Quarterbacks.

    Again, I ask.....have any of all y'all ever watched him play? He dominates.

    Okay. That's all I wanted to hear.

    I just wanted it in writing that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

    Carry on...

  • @roycerolls said:

    Gipper read a fortune cookie Last 4th of July that said there would be no first round QBs this year. He then decided that since QB isn't a very important position that the Browns might as well take the 5th QB prospect on the board. if there's anything that every QB the Browns drafted after Couch has taught us it's that the bargain bin is the best place to find a franchise signal caller.

    No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.

    Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.

    You just don't fucking know.

    @the-gipper said:

    No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.

    Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.

    You just don't fucking know.

    So if Polian says it, it must be true. Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap. I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.

    @bbedward said:

    If there is a glorious glamorous sure-fire once-in-a-decade QB prospect in next year's draft, then I'm not sure why anybody would think we can get him - assuming we won't be picking #1 overall next year.

    We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.

    Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .

  • @the-gipper said:

    He will play defensive End. He is 6'6 275 pounds.

    What skills? The skill to run the fuck over offensive linemen or to run the fuck around them, and to run down rushers, and to kill Quarterbacks.

    Again, I ask.....have any of all y'all ever watched him play? He dominates.

    Okay. That's all I wanted to hear.

    I just wanted it in writing that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

    Carry on...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Okay. That's all I wanted to hear.

    I just wanted it in writing that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

    Carry on...

    Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.

    WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.

    And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.

    I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.

    You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.

    I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.

    Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.

    Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Okay. That's all I wanted to hear.

    I just wanted it in writing that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

    Carry on...

    Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.

    WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.

    And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.

    I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.

    You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.

    I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.

    Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.

    Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.

    WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.

    And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.

    I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.

    You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.

    I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.

    Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.

    Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.

    You are digging a fun hole.

  • @the-gipper said:

    No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.

    Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.

    You just don't fucking know.

    So if Polian says it, it must be true. Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap. I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.

    @bbedward said:

    If there is a glorious glamorous sure-fire once-in-a-decade QB prospect in next year's draft, then I'm not sure why anybody would think we can get him - assuming we won't be picking #1 overall next year.

    We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.

    Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .

    @hoorta said:

    So if Polian says it, it must be true.

    No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.

    Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.

    You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?

    I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.

    I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.

    We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.

    Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .

    Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.

    WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.

    And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.

    I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.

    You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.

    I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.

    Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.

    Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.

    You are digging a fun hole.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You are digging a fun hole.

    Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.

    (Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)

    And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.

  • Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....

    How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You are digging a fun hole.

    Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.

    (Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)

    And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.

    (Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)

    And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.

    Keep on keepin' on, man.

  • Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....

    How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....

    @mudfly said:

    Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....

    How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

  • @mudfly said:

    Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....

    How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

    Yeah...I know....

    And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......

    And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.

    (Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)

    And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.

    Keep on keepin' on, man.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Keep on keepin' on, man.

    As I see it, you are just arguing to argue. You ask me to give my reasons that I would take Bosa. Provide your reasons why you wouldn't....if that is your view. Though I think you actually agree with me.

  • @mudfly said:

    Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....

    How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

    Are you fucking Ghoolie now? Maybe you should have your screen name revised to reflect that. VesnaCopier.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?

    Yeah...I know....

    And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......

    And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....

    @mudfly said:

    Yeah...I know....

    And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......

    And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....

    And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeah...I know....

    And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......

    And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....

    And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.

    @the-gipper said:

    And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.

    Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....

  • @the-gipper said:

    And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.

    Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....

    @mudfly said:

    Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....

    Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.

    Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.

    And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?

  • @hoorta said:

    So if Polian says it, it must be true.

    No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.

    Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.

    You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?

    I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.

    I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.

    We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.

    Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .

    Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.

    @the-gipper said:

    @hoorta said:

    So if Polian says it, it must be true.

    No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.

    Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.

    You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?

    I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.

    I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.

    see below....

    We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.

    Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .

    Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.

    Regarding Polian- his genius was having the first pick for the Colts in the 1998 draft hello, Peyton Manning, and in 1985 as GM of the Bills when Bruce Smith was there. He also was lucky enough the Bills had wisely retained the rights to Jim Kelly- that was before he got there. DUH!

    Now if you want to posit Joey Bosa is going to be as good as Bruce Smith, I'm all aboard the Bosa train.

    Goff, Wentz, and Lynch are far from bargain basement talent. They're all going to go in the first round. So you want to tell me what's the difference if we would draft one of them @ #20 or #2? If you're not 100% sold on any one of them, you don't draft them. One could even posit if Wentz had played for a Big 10 or SEC school, he'd be the consensus #1 overall. Bargain basement talent is Cook, Hackenberg, or dare I say it- Cardale Jones. For my money, if the Browns are going to go bargain hunting (AGAIN!) give me Cardale- he has the best physical tools, and the most upside. A poor man's Cam Newton.