Camp Cook
-
Okay. That's all I wanted to hear.
I just wanted it in writing that you literally have no idea what you're talking about.
Carry on...
Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.
WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.
And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.
I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.
You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.
I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.
Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.
Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.
Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.
WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.
And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.
I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.
You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.
I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.
Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.
Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.
You are digging a fun hole.
-
No, that fortune cookie said that no QB is first round talent. And the fortune cookie was written by Bill Polian.
Not one motherfucker on this board can guarantee that the likes of Lynch/Goff/Wentz will turn out to be a better NFL QB than Cook/Hackenberg/Prescott/Cardale.
You just don't fucking know.
So if Polian says it, it must be true. Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap. I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.
If there is a glorious glamorous sure-fire once-in-a-decade QB prospect in next year's draft, then I'm not sure why anybody would think we can get him - assuming we won't be picking #1 overall next year.
We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.
Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .
So if Polian says it, it must be true.
No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.
Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.
You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?
I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.
I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.
We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.
Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .
Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.
-
Yea, I don't know what I'm talking about......you want to put a defensive end at OLB.......Fine....Bosa could do that.
WTF position do you want him to play? Wide receiver.
And yea,.....Bosa only possesses the best combination of power, speed, quickness, intensity that we haven't seen in a long time in football around here. Sure, I don't know what I am talking about.
I mean what? Do you want stupid bullshit football terminology? He can play the Sam in the 46. He can play the Will in the 53? He can play ILB in the 6-2.
You want some fucking pigeon holed bullshit.
I want a football player that can overpower people in a fast and furious manner.
Sorry, maybe Bosa is just too good to fit into one of your pigeon holes.
Stay in your cave and watch the shadows go by Plato.
You are digging a fun hole.
You are digging a fun hole.
Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.
(Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)
And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.
-
Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....
How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....
-
You are digging a fun hole.
Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.
(Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)
And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.
Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.
(Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)
And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.
Keep on keepin' on, man.
-
Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....
How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....
Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....
How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
-
Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....
How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
-
Yea, Bosa sucks......Nobody thinks he is any good. No team would dream of taking him high in this draft. Nobody rates him very high.
(Just the #1 overall prospect on most draft boards.)
And you know better than all those people because you rode the pine at Coastal Carolina. Sure.
Keep on keepin' on, man.
Keep on keepin' on, man.
As I see it, you are just arguing to argue. You ask me to give my reasons that I would take Bosa. Provide your reasons why you wouldn't....if that is your view. Though I think you actually agree with me.
-
Im done with the ole DE to OLB conversion(for now at least)....we already have 5 of em.....and Im well aware of all the great ones who are conversions, so no need to list em all, I just want a pure blood linebacker tacking machine for once....
How about 1 OLB who actually played OLB.....that would be great....
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Are you fucking Ghoolie now? Maybe you should have your screen name revised to reflect that. VesnaCopier.
-
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.
-
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.
And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.
Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....
-
And, well, as of new results apparently, DL may be the Brown primeultimate need.
Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....
Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....
Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.
Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.
And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?
-
So if Polian says it, it must be true.
No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.
Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.
You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?
I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.
I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.
We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.
Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .
Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.
So if Polian says it, it must be true.
No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.
Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.
You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?
I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.
I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.
see below....
We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.
Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .
Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.
Regarding Polian- his genius was having the first pick for the Colts in the 1998 draft hello, Peyton Manning, and in 1985 as GM of the Bills when Bruce Smith was there. He also was lucky enough the Bills had wisely retained the rights to Jim Kelly- that was before he got there. DUH!
Now if you want to posit Joey Bosa is going to be as good as Bruce Smith, I'm all aboard the Bosa train.
Goff, Wentz, and Lynch are far from bargain basement talent. They're all going to go in the first round. So you want to tell me what's the difference if we would draft one of them @ #20 or #2? If you're not 100% sold on any one of them, you don't draft them. One could even posit if Wentz had played for a Big 10 or SEC school, he'd be the consensus #1 overall. Bargain basement talent is Cook, Hackenberg, or dare I say it- Cardale Jones. For my money, if the Browns are going to go bargain hunting (AGAIN!) give me Cardale- he has the best physical tools, and the most upside. A poor man's Cam Newton.
-
Football is just blocking and tackling. That's all there is to it. Didn't you know that?
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
-
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.
Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...
But I still go Goff at #2...
-
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.
Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...
But I still go Goff at #2...
And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.
Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...
But I still go Goff at #2...
I'm a Nassib potential guy. He checks every box in terms of off-field intangibles, and I really like that he added basically 75 pounds to his frame so that he could play DE. He's a guy that I think could come in and compete immediately and blossom into an above average professional player for an extended period of time. To me, he just seems like one of those draft finds that teams like the Patriots or Steelers of late would grab.
I'd still go Goff or Wentz at #2 as well.
The thought of getting Jaylon Smith is intriguing to me if the price is right.
-
So if Polian says it, it must be true.
No, but he has a pretty good track record on these things.
Plenty of folks that know as much about players as Polian think he's full of crap.
You mean like the two or three different NFL organizations that he lead to like 6-7 Super Bowl appearances?
I'll call that a limited sample size of expertise. LOL, some draft gurus saw Manziel as a third round talent- but the Browns didn't.
I would love to have the limited expertise of a guy that had 6 or so of his teams go to the Super Bowl.
see below....
We've been down this road already- if there's a sure fire next Andrew Luck or Elway in the next draft, the Browns would have to be drafting #1 overall to get him. A first round pick is a first round pick- be it #2, or #20. The results of blowing it are about the same. Whether Trent Richardson @ #3, or Taylor, Quinn, Weeden in the 20s. The Browns have gone bargain hunting for quarterbacks since 1999 with Couch. It's time to take the best one available, and cross our fingers.
Cook is no bargain @ #32 if he plays like Charlie Frye or Colt McCoy. .
Sure....again, I just bring up his name for the sake of argument. (but my argument is that with the #2 pick...why overdraft for bargain basement talent....which is what I see out there at the position...again, I am not totally relying on others. I saw a couple of games of Goffs, where he was either terrible...threw 5 int's or was just OK.
Regarding Polian- his genius was having the first pick for the Colts in the 1998 draft hello, Peyton Manning, and in 1985 as GM of the Bills when Bruce Smith was there. He also was lucky enough the Bills had wisely retained the rights to Jim Kelly- that was before he got there. DUH!
Now if you want to posit Joey Bosa is going to be as good as Bruce Smith, I'm all aboard the Bosa train.
Goff, Wentz, and Lynch are far from bargain basement talent. They're all going to go in the first round. So you want to tell me what's the difference if we would draft one of them @ #20 or #2? If you're not 100% sold on any one of them, you don't draft them. One could even posit if Wentz had played for a Big 10 or SEC school, he'd be the consensus #1 overall. Bargain basement talent is Cook, Hackenberg, or dare I say it- Cardale Jones. For my money, if the Browns are going to go bargain hunting (AGAIN!) give me Cardale- he has the best physical tools, and the most upside. A poor man's Cam Newton.
Regarding Polian- his genius was having the first pick for the Colts in the 1998 draft hello, Peyton Manning, and in 1985 as GM of the Bills when Bruce Smith was there. He also was lucky enough the Bills had wisely retained the rights to Jim Kelly- that was before he got there. DUH!
Now if you want to posit Joey Bosa is going to be as good as Bruce Smith, I'm all aboard the Bosa train.
Yes, some say he may be in that vain....though more compare him to Watt....because he plays all those positions....and yes....can cover if need be.
Goff, Wentz, and Lynch are far from bargain basement talent. They're all going to go in the first round. So you want to tell me what's the difference if we would draft one of them @ #20 or #2? If you're not 100% sold on any one of them, you don't draft them.
Again, follow the bouncing ball: you take the BPA. I am NOT willing to pass on Bosa for any of those guys.....but if he is not there...and they are there at #20...if we had that pick....then that might be alright.
I don't want to pass up generational talent perhaps for good talent that you can probably get anytime talent. They may be the BPA at #20....but not at #2.
One could even posit if Wentz had played for a Big 10 or SEC school, he'd be the consensus #1 overall. Bargain basement talent is Cook, Hackenberg, or dare I say it- Cardale Jones. For my money, if the Browns are going to go bargain hunting (AGAIN!) give me Cardale- he has the best physical tools, and the most upside. A poor man's Cam Newton.
The thing is....I am not of the opinion that Goff/Lynch/Wentz are all that much better than the Cardale's.
I mean, we could have had Russell Wilson instead of Brandon Weeden. I don't want to take Ryan Leaf and leave Charles Woodson or Randy Moss sitting there. I don't want to take Braylon Edwards when we could have had Aaron Rodgers. etc.
-
Yeah...I know....
And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......
And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.
I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.
But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).
Like I said, you are so much smarter than everyone else 9 out of 10 of whom have Bosa as the best player in this draft..the best talent in this draft..
But because you think someone else may fit some scheme you think you know all about, they are the better pick.
Lets take a mediocre QB....yes, I think they all may be mediocre....or at least not #2 worthy.
And when in fucking hell are you going to get it through your head that Bosa is not going to be a linebacker.
Just because he is big, fast, strong, powerful and we need that at OLB? Bosa is a DE....yet you want to convert him?
Why are you stuck on stupid.
-
I think the best news I've heard all day is that Gipper is not in charge of picking for the Cleveland Browns.
-
Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....
Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.
Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.
And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?
Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.
Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.
And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?
Well I dont think our OLBs are anywhere near sufficient and would be much happier standing pat at DL than I would at LB....honestly dont even feel our OLB's are NFL starter quality, let alone "good"....except Orchard who looks like he could develop into a good one....
I think most sacks(a high percentage) come from linebackers and edge rushers....and DL, especially in a 3-4, is used more to occupy blockers and push the pockets....while the LB's make the plays....
And I do understand what you're saying...which is, if Bosa is the best rated defender and we need defenders, then he's the player we should pick....I just disagree that he's a good fit or that he's "that" much better than the next guy....how big of a difference can there be between players ranked one or 2 spots apart...not much....
But, at this point, it's clear well never agree....so Ill go my way and pray for LB's and you go your way and pray for a DE....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login