Skip to content

Camp Cook

The Browns Board
268 35 6.2k
  • @mudfly said:

    Yeah...I know....

    And I certainly dont think Bosa sucks....at all......just feeling like there are other equally great players who are more suitable for the Browns and would be more of an upgrade at their respective positions.......

    And if there is one position this draft is LOADED at....its DL.....

    I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.

    I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.

    But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.

    I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.

    But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).

    Like I said, you are so much smarter than everyone else 9 out of 10 of whom have Bosa as the best player in this draft..the best talent in this draft..

    But because you think someone else may fit some scheme you think you know all about, they are the better pick.

    Lets take a mediocre QB....yes, I think they all may be mediocre....or at least not #2 worthy.

    And when in fucking hell are you going to get it through your head that Bosa is not going to be a linebacker.

    Just because he is big, fast, strong, powerful and we need that at OLB? Bosa is a DE....yet you want to convert him?

    Why are you stuck on stupid.

  • I think the best news I've heard all day is that Gipper is not in charge of picking for the Cleveland Browns.

  • @mudfly said:

    Bryant's a linebacker.....Bosa isnt....

    Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.

    Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.

    And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?

    @the-gipper said:

    Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.

    Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.

    And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?

    Well I dont think our OLBs are anywhere near sufficient and would be much happier standing pat at DL than I would at LB....honestly dont even feel our OLB's are NFL starter quality, let alone "good"....except Orchard who looks like he could develop into a good one....

    I think most sacks(a high percentage) come from linebackers and edge rushers....and DL, especially in a 3-4, is used more to occupy blockers and push the pockets....while the LB's make the plays....

    And I do understand what you're saying...which is, if Bosa is the best rated defender and we need defenders, then he's the player we should pick....I just disagree that he's a good fit or that he's "that" much better than the next guy....how big of a difference can there be between players ranked one or 2 spots apart...not much....

    But, at this point, it's clear well never agree....so Ill go my way and pray for LB's and you go your way and pray for a DE....

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I was being facetious. I'm in the same boat with you.

    I think we'd get a better return on taking the best QB available at #2 and then taking a either a true 3-4 DE or true 3-4 OLB at #32.

    But hell, why not go all in and take Myles Jack at #2, then trade up for Jaylon Smith around 20ish, then take Carl Nassib in the third. All of which are better fits for the 3-4 than Joey Bosa. (And yes, I think Myles Jack, who is 40 lbs lighter and widely thought of as a 4-3 OLBer, is still a better 3-4 OLB than Bosa).

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    But I still go Goff at #2...

    @tour2ma said:

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Yea, sure....and the Dave Clark 5 was a better band than the Beatles.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    At least now you got something right. What dumbass would ever think of putting Bosa as an OLB? He is a DE....3-4, 4-3, it don't matter.

    But I still go Goff at #2...

  • I think the best news I've heard all day is that Gipper is not in charge of picking for the Cleveland Browns.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think the best news I've heard all day is that Gipper is not in charge of picking for the Cleveland Browns.

    The better news is that you are not in charge. You would bypass superior talent for something more mediocre that fit whatever scheme you thought you would want to run.

    You take the talent....and you fit your scheme to the talent. Not the other way around.

    You don't play the read option with Tom Brady.....but you apparently would want to make him play it because that is what you wanted.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I think the best news I've heard all day is that Gipper is not in charge of picking for the Cleveland Browns.

    The better news is that you are not in charge. You would bypass superior talent for something more mediocre that fit whatever scheme you thought you would want to run.

    You take the talent....and you fit your scheme to the talent. Not the other way around.

    You don't play the read option with Tom Brady.....but you apparently would want to make him play it because that is what you wanted.

    @the-gipper said:

    The better news is that you are not in charge. You would bypass superior talent for something more mediocre that fit whatever scheme you thought you would want to run.

    You take the talent....and you fit your scheme to the talent. Not the other way around.

    You don't play the read option with Tom Brady.....but you apparently would want to make him play it because that is what you wanted.

    It surprises me that you know what a read option is. After all, it's not covered under "blocking" or "tackling" sections of Watching Football For Dummies.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Still need to replace that pressure on the QB.....be it come from a DE or OLB.

    Unless you think Orchard, Mingo and Kruger and Scott Solomon are sufficient.

    And are you OK to stand pat with our DEs of Starks, Dez Bryant, X Cooper, and the Sausage King?

    Well I dont think our OLBs are anywhere near sufficient and would be much happier standing pat at DL than I would at LB....honestly dont even feel our OLB's are NFL starter quality, let alone "good"....except Orchard who looks like he could develop into a good one....

    I think most sacks(a high percentage) come from linebackers and edge rushers....and DL, especially in a 3-4, is used more to occupy blockers and push the pockets....while the LB's make the plays....

    And I do understand what you're saying...which is, if Bosa is the best rated defender and we need defenders, then he's the player we should pick....I just disagree that he's a good fit or that he's "that" much better than the next guy....how big of a difference can there be between players ranked one or 2 spots apart...not much....

    But, at this point, it's clear well never agree....so Ill go my way and pray for LB's and you go your way and pray for a DE....

    @mudfly said:

    Well I dont think our OLBs are anywhere near sufficient and would be much happier standing pat at DL than I would at LB....honestly dont even feel our OLB's are NFL starter quality, let alone "good"....except Orchard who looks like he could develop into a good one....

    Well, fair enough. But when it comes to drafting....I still want the best player available. If we are killer at DE...it may help make up for the lack of talent at OLB a bit.

    I think most sacks(a high percentage) come from linebackers and edge rushers....and DL, especially in a 3-4, is used more to occupy blockers and push the pockets....while the LB's make the plays....

    And I do understand what you're saying...which is, if Bosa is the best rated defender and we need defenders, then he's the player we should pick....I just disagree that he's a good fit or that he's "that" much better than the next guy....how big of a difference can there be between players ranked one or 2 spots apart...not much....

    Well, you see, this is the thing about rankings. You have a guy rated #1....and obviously you have a guy rated #2 and #3. But, again, just because someone is ranked #2 does not necessarily mean he is practically as good as the #1 guy. An absurd example?: Peyton Manning was rated #1 the year he was taken....and Ryan Leaf was #2. So, that must mean that Leaf was almost just as good as Peyton, right? No.

    If you have generational talent....which Bosa may be.....you don't settle for #2....unless you have no choice (i.e. if the Tits are smart and do take him #1)

    But, at this point, it's clear well never agree....so Ill go my way and pray for LB's and you go your way and pray for a DE....

  • @the-gipper said:

    The better news is that you are not in charge. You would bypass superior talent for something more mediocre that fit whatever scheme you thought you would want to run.

    You take the talent....and you fit your scheme to the talent. Not the other way around.

    You don't play the read option with Tom Brady.....but you apparently would want to make him play it because that is what you wanted.

    It surprises me that you know what a read option is. After all, it's not covered under "blocking" or "tackling" sections of Watching Football For Dummies.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It surprises me that you know what a read option is. After all, it's not covered under "blocking" or "tackling" sections of Watching Football For Dummies.

    I know what a dickhead is. With a mirror you will get to observe one as well.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It surprises me that you know what a read option is. After all, it's not covered under "blocking" or "tackling" sections of Watching Football For Dummies.

    I know what a dickhead is. With a mirror you will get to observe one as well.

    @the-gipper said:

    I know what a dickhead is. With a mirror you will get to observe one as well.

    Is it something you haven't seen in 40 years?

  • This is getting hot and steamy 😍

  • @the-gipper said:

    I know what a dickhead is. With a mirror you will get to observe one as well.

    Is it something you haven't seen in 40 years?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Is it something you haven't seen in 40 years?

    I suspect, even at my age, that mine gets more of a workout than yours.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Is it something you haven't seen in 40 years?

    I suspect, even at my age, that mine gets more of a workout than yours.

    @the-gipper said:

    I suspect, even at my age, that mine gets more of a workout than yours.

    Single "handedly" keeping the lotion business afloat.

    Congrats, Gip.

  • I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

  • @tour2ma said:

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Yea, sure....and the Dave Clark 5 was a better band than the Beatles.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    At least now you got something right. What dumbass would ever think of putting Bosa as an OLB? He is a DE....3-4, 4-3, it don't matter.

    But I still go Goff at #2...

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Yea, sure....and the Dave Clark 5 was a better band than the Beatles.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    At least now you got something right. What dumbass would ever think of putting Bosa as an OLB? He is a DE....3-4, 4-3, it don't matter.

    But I still go Goff at #2...

    Gip, if you don't think 3-4, 4-3 DE it don't matter- TC is right, you don't know what you're talking about.

  • I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

    That's a fantastic way to put it. I've been going with just your basic ROI terminology, but this makes much more sense.

    To me, Goff/Wentz + BPA 3-4 OLB would have a much higher BPI than, say, Bosa + Cook.

    In a year so deep at DE/OLB, why blow it all early on a guy who, in my opinion, is maybe half-a-Watt at best.

  • I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

    Bravo, great post.

    DLs who can win and disrupt and edge rushers who can collapse the pocket are what are needed most.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    I keep seeing BPA being tossed out there.

    To me, that's impossible to determine when dealing with such vastly different roles.

    I prefer BPI: Biggest Positive Impact

    Maybe an offensive lineman is the top player in the draft. But would an O-Line guy have a bigger positive impact on the Browns than a good QB or a star edge rusher?

    That's a fantastic way to put it. I've been going with just your basic ROI terminology, but this makes much more sense.

    To me, Goff/Wentz + BPA 3-4 OLB would have a much higher BPI than, say, Bosa + Cook.

    In a year so deep at DE/OLB, why blow it all early on a guy who, in my opinion, is maybe half-a-Watt at best.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    That's a fantastic way to put it. I've been going with just your basic ROI terminology, but this makes much more sense.

    To me, Goff/Wentz + BPA 3-4 OLB would have a much higher BPI than, say, Bosa + Cook.

    In a year so deep at DE/OLB, why blow it all early on a guy who, in my opinion, is maybe half-a-Watt at best.

    You could be right. Which Day 2 EDGE guys are you liking?

  • All signs pointing towards Cook being a less talented Jay Cutler.... Or that being like Jay Cutler would be his peak

  • @tour2ma said:

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    But I still go Goff at #2...

    I'm a Nassib potential guy. He checks every box in terms of off-field intangibles, and I really like that he added basically 75 pounds to his frame so that he could play DE. He's a guy that I think could come in and compete immediately and blossom into an above average professional player for an extended period of time. To me, he just seems like one of those draft finds that teams like the Patriots or Steelers of late would grab.

    I'd still go Goff or Wentz at #2 as well.

    The thought of getting Jaylon Smith is intriguing to me if the price is right.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    The thought of getting Jaylon Smith is intriguing to me if the price is right.

    Same here, but I think that ship is about to sale. Word is his rehab is going amazingly well and he will walk onto the field at the Combine sans crutches. He may even lift.

    @the-gipper said:

    @tour2ma said:

    And I think Sheldon Rankings is a better 3-4 DE prospect than Bosa... I'm not a Nassib guy at all.

    Yea, sure....and the Dave Clark 5 was a better band than the Beatles.

    Point is, as you know, schemes matter. Bosa would be an upgrade over Kruger in Krug's historic role, but as we talked last season, with Krugs in the line-up we were a 3-4 in name only. Make it official... swap to a 4-3... give Bosa a home. But he is miscast as a 3-4 OLB...

    At least now you got something right. What dumbass would ever think of putting Bosa as an OLB? He is a DE....3-4, 4-3, it don't matter.

    But I still go Goff at #2...

    At least now you got something right.

    I'm Glad All Over to have fixed your reply... well, at least the fixable part of it.

    The 3-4/4-3 being the same part is beyond help...

  • So will we call his fans "Cooksuckers?"

    🙂

    WSS