Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. NH Primary

NH Primary

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
73 Posts 14 Posters 2.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • gftChris gftChrisG
    • 13k Posts
    • 428 Reputation
    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Is today, apparently. Prognostications? Sanders in good position? Rubio to slip after getting eviscerated by Chris Christie? Carson to gain ground with people realising he's still in the race?

    Also, apparently NH is the first to vote - I thought Iowa did that already?

    12715452_10153795348780090_3012709765282

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
      • 11k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Maybe they are distinguishing between Iowa's caucus as compared to traditional voting in New Hampshire?

      My prediction is Kasich is the one who does better than expected this time.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
        #3

        Trump and Sanders win.

        Kasich surprises by coming in second.

        Jeb! surges to 3rd or 4th.

        Cruz might break 10%

        Nobody else gets > 10% and any delegates they win go to Trump.

        ---

        NH is first Primary

        Iowa was first Caucus

        They're accomplish the same thing except Caucuses are stupid and outdated.

        bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Exit polls have a high turnout of independents, 30 for Trump. They also say only 1/4 Democrats want to change things in Washington which could be bad for Sanders.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • One Post One PostO
            • 4k Posts
            • 284 Reputation
            One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
            #5

            bbedward you're a smart kid.

            https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
              • 15k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Apparently trump and sanders have won

              Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 15k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                #7
                https://www.yahoo.com/politics/live-coverage-all-day-all-night-new-hampshire-194829115.html
                Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • bbedwardB bbedward

                  Trump and Sanders win.

                  Kasich surprises by coming in second.

                  Jeb! surges to 3rd or 4th.

                  Cruz might break 10%

                  Nobody else gets > 10% and any delegates they win go to Trump.

                  ---

                  NH is first Primary

                  Iowa was first Caucus

                  They're accomplish the same thing except Caucuses are stupid and outdated.

                  bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 9k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @bbedward said:

                  Trump and Sanders win.

                  Kasich surprises by coming in second.

                  Jeb! surges to 3rd or 4th.

                  Cruz might break 10%

                  Nobody else gets > 10% and any delegates they win go to Trump.

                  ---

                  NH is first Primary

                  Iowa was first Caucus

                  They're accomplish the same thing except Caucuses are stupid and outdated.

                  Heard it here first folks

                  Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    No one has won the republican nomination since 1976 without Iowa or New Hampshire.

                    That means the nominee will be either Trump or Cruz (hint: it won't be Cruz)

                    I see Sanders struggling more in SC and onward

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                      • 33k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      nice job Kasich

                      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 39k Posts
                        • 9k Reputation
                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                        #11

                        Well I listen to both speeches yesterday, Sanders and Trump.

                        Both of them basically sounded less prepared for public office than I had even previously guest. For the most part I've enjoyed Donald Trump at his blunt approach, but more and more it's just the same old shit. I don't expect detailed plans but I'd like to hear a little more about things he might possibly do other than we're going to do it! We're going to be great again! We're going to make it happen!

                        Not that I think any politician has his shit together but I'm just tired of hearing that shit.

                        On the other side when I hear Bernie Sanders speak I shake my head and wonder what the old fellow has been smoking.

                        He produced a litany of free shit and glory, stepping down from our role as a world power, more jobs much higher pay freedom for every minority group, amnesty for illegals and expansion of not only Medicare and social security but disability.

                        All at no cost to you, the middle class tax payer.

                        Sometimes I have to remind myself why it is I follow politics when weeding through bullshit seems to be 100% of the task

                        WSS

                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                        LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • W Westside Steve

                          Well I listen to both speeches yesterday, Sanders and Trump.

                          Both of them basically sounded less prepared for public office than I had even previously guest. For the most part I've enjoyed Donald Trump at his blunt approach, but more and more it's just the same old shit. I don't expect detailed plans but I'd like to hear a little more about things he might possibly do other than we're going to do it! We're going to be great again! We're going to make it happen!

                          Not that I think any politician has his shit together but I'm just tired of hearing that shit.

                          On the other side when I hear Bernie Sanders speak I shake my head and wonder what the old fellow has been smoking.

                          He produced a litany of free shit and glory, stepping down from our role as a world power, more jobs much higher pay freedom for every minority group, amnesty for illegals and expansion of not only Medicare and social security but disability.

                          All at no cost to you, the middle class tax payer.

                          Sometimes I have to remind myself why it is I follow politics when weeding through bullshit seems to be 100% of the task

                          WSS

                          LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 2k Reputation
                          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @westside-steve said:

                          Sometimes I have to remind myself why it is I follow politics when weeding through bullshit seems to be 100% of the task

                          WSS

                          When I worked with juvenile detention kids, we would have kids who were waiting to be put into placement (half way houses, fosters homes,etc.). The social workers and well intentioned folks of the world would always try to get our most fucked up kids (primarily kids with sexual abuse histories) into foster homes and adopted out. They thought those kids were always mistreated in stepdowns and halfways houses by the criminal kids due to "past discretions".

                          So they would create these adoption ads with little Billy Child Rapist holding a soccer ball or something with a big write up. We would always laugh at the write up because if you could decipher through the horse shit you could see how fucked up the kid is. "Billy needs to be in a home with older kids who can teach him how to be in a loving family". Translation: Older kids he can't pin down and rape. "Billy has had negative experiences with animals that make him nervous so his new forever home needs to consider this". Translation: He fucks Fido.

                          W One PostO 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                            @westside-steve said:

                            Sometimes I have to remind myself why it is I follow politics when weeding through bullshit seems to be 100% of the task

                            WSS

                            When I worked with juvenile detention kids, we would have kids who were waiting to be put into placement (half way houses, fosters homes,etc.). The social workers and well intentioned folks of the world would always try to get our most fucked up kids (primarily kids with sexual abuse histories) into foster homes and adopted out. They thought those kids were always mistreated in stepdowns and halfways houses by the criminal kids due to "past discretions".

                            So they would create these adoption ads with little Billy Child Rapist holding a soccer ball or something with a big write up. We would always laugh at the write up because if you could decipher through the horse shit you could see how fucked up the kid is. "Billy needs to be in a home with older kids who can teach him how to be in a loving family". Translation: Older kids he can't pin down and rape. "Billy has had negative experiences with animals that make him nervous so his new forever home needs to consider this". Translation: He fucks Fido.

                            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @logicisforsquares said:

                            When I worked with juvenile detention kids, we would have kids who were waiting to be put into placement (half way houses, fosters homes,etc.). The social workers and well intentioned folks of the world would always try to get our most fucked up kids (primarily kids with sexual abuse histories) into foster homes and adopted out. They thought those kids were always mistreated in stepdowns and halfways houses by the criminal kids due to "past discretions".

                            So they would create these adoption ads with little Billy Child Rapist holding a soccer ball or something with a big write up. We would always laugh at the write up because if you could decipher through the horse shit you could see how fucked up the kid is. "Billy needs to be in a home with older kids who can teach him how to be in a loving family". Translation: Older kids he can't pin down and rape. "Billy has had negative experiences with animals that make him nervous so his new forever home needs to consider this". Translation: He fucks Fido.

                            Now that sir, is some serious bullshit. Kind of makes lovely promises of free shit pale in comparison.

                            That must have been a stressful work environment.

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 9k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              In fairness it was a victory speech.

                              Rubio copied Obama's victory speech from 2008 (even though he came in third in Iowa) and he had no detail. Cruz had no detail.

                              Policies and rough details is all you get from presidential candidates. They need several people, several months to draft a real bill - what that looks like in 2017 will not look like what they say it will be in 2016.

                              I only really care about the policy, personally. Nobody gives more detail than that unless you're talking about Hillary Clinton.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                • 39k Posts
                                • 9k Reputation
                                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                It was indeed a victory speech. Absolutely no different than any other speech since the beginning of the campaign. Identical to the answers in the debates. There will be a point that it's no longer fresh. It's reached that point for me.

                                WSS

                                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 39k Posts
                                  • 9k Reputation
                                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  And Bernie Sanders hates the rich man so he got some traction amongst voters in a liberal all white state.

                                  Hillary's supporters hate the rich man to but they especially hate the white man the straight man and, well, the man.

                                  😉

                                  WSS

                                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                    • 28k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    I'm leaning towards Trump for my vote. Don't like Cruz, Carson should drop out now. Ditto Forena (sp). Bush I think is toast. Robio (Robot Rubio) is a kid in a mans game.

                                    Hillary seems to be supported by old women's libbers who haven't had sex in 20 years. Sanders by kids who know nothing and just want there student loans paid off.

                                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                      • 11k Posts
                                      • 3k Reputation
                                      OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      I'm sticking with Cruz. After a first in Iowa and a third in New Hampshire he is in a good place going to South Carolina. Cruz didn't spend much time or money in New Hampshire and beat out both Bush and Rubio who did. Christie did himself no favors by taking down Rubio and probably will drop out of the race today. Bye. I don't know if Rubio can recover from the damage done in that debate. Personally I thought it was a cheap shot from Christie as they all have their canned rehearsed speeches for most questions that come their way.

                                      South Carolina should be an interesting state to watch next. I'll go with Cruz in an upset like Iowa. If he is to have a serious shot at winning the republican primary he has to win a state like South Carolina.

                                      gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                                        I'm sticking with Cruz. After a first in Iowa and a third in New Hampshire he is in a good place going to South Carolina. Cruz didn't spend much time or money in New Hampshire and beat out both Bush and Rubio who did. Christie did himself no favors by taking down Rubio and probably will drop out of the race today. Bye. I don't know if Rubio can recover from the damage done in that debate. Personally I thought it was a cheap shot from Christie as they all have their canned rehearsed speeches for most questions that come their way.

                                        South Carolina should be an interesting state to watch next. I'll go with Cruz in an upset like Iowa. If he is to have a serious shot at winning the republican primary he has to win a state like South Carolina.

                                        gftChris gftChrisG
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 428 Reputation
                                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @oldbrownsfan said:

                                        I'm sticking with Cruz. After a first in Iowa and a third in New Hampshire he is in a good place going to South Carolina. Cruz didn't spend much time or money in New Hampshire and beat out both Bush and Rubio who did. Christie did himself no favors by taking down Rubio and probably will drop out of the race today. Bye. I don't know if Rubio can recover from the damage done in that debate. Personally I thought it was a cheap shot from Christie as they all have their canned rehearsed speeches for most questions that come their way.

                                        South Carolina should be an interesting state to watch next. I'll go with Cruz in an upset like Iowa. If he is to have a serious shot at winning the republican primary he has to win a state like South Carolina.

                                        Canned responses are acceptable? Sorry, but I want a president who is capable of independent thought, not relying on what his team has told him to say.

                                        OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • gftChrisG gftChris

                                          @oldbrownsfan said:

                                          I'm sticking with Cruz. After a first in Iowa and a third in New Hampshire he is in a good place going to South Carolina. Cruz didn't spend much time or money in New Hampshire and beat out both Bush and Rubio who did. Christie did himself no favors by taking down Rubio and probably will drop out of the race today. Bye. I don't know if Rubio can recover from the damage done in that debate. Personally I thought it was a cheap shot from Christie as they all have their canned rehearsed speeches for most questions that come their way.

                                          South Carolina should be an interesting state to watch next. I'll go with Cruz in an upset like Iowa. If he is to have a serious shot at winning the republican primary he has to win a state like South Carolina.

                                          Canned responses are acceptable? Sorry, but I want a president who is capable of independent thought, not relying on what his team has told him to say.

                                          OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                          • 11k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
                                          #20

                                          @gftchris said:

                                          Canned responses are acceptable? Sorry, but I want a president who is capable of independent thought, not relying on what his team has told him to say.

                                          The fact of the matter is that almost all the politicians have their canned rehearsed (usually poll and focused group tested) responses to questions they know are coming.

                                          gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate