Skip to content

Did Our Analytics FO Pay Attention?

The Browns Board
73 17 2.5k
  • I know that's the popular story, Ag, I just have trouble accepting it.

    Changes included HC and both OCs.

    Both OCs brought with them new schemes.

    Only 3 Offensive starters from the 2013 SB team started in 2015.

    Three defensive starters plus a reserve from the 2013 SB team started in 2015.

    Looks like they remade the team as a whole. Obviously the D turned out to be better, but how much of that was design vs. diminished QB play?

    @tour2ma said:

    I know that's the popular story, Ag, I just have trouble accepting it.

    Changes included HC and both OCs.

    Both OCs brought with them new schemes.

    Only 3 Offensive starters from the 2013 SB team started in 2015.

    Three defensive starters plus a reserve from the 2013 SB team started in 2015.

    Looks like they remade the team as a whole. Obviously the D turned out to be better, but how much of that was design vs. diminished QB play?

    Thank you, thank you.

  • Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    @opal312 said:

    Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    did i just read what i think i just read?

  • @opal312 said:

    Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    did i just read what i think i just read?

    @sisky-fringo said:

    did i just read what i think i just read? ???

    I twitched a little...anybody else facial tick reading that?

  • @opal312 said:

    Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    did i just read what i think i just read?

    @sisky-fringo said:

    did i just read what i think i just read? ???

    Could probably get James Harrison as DC, while we're at it.

  • Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    @opal312 said:

    Why don't we hire John Elway then?

    yikes!!

    Browns fans typically don't care for J.E. very much Opal. Ol Horseface's elite QB play was instrumental in keeping the Browns out of the SB multiple years in the mid-late 80s...aka the last time they were consistently and perennially competitive.

    a diehard friend of mine pissed all over the front doors of his restaurant his first night in Denver. that was somewhat recently. scars run deep for many.

    personally, i respect Elway's talent but resent the Broncs beating the Browns in closing moments and then proceeding to lose in the SB...then doing it again the next year--both winnable games for the Browns. i could never root for his product. too taboo.

    i wouldn't mind rooting for a productive copy cat version at all though...

  • The actual MVP of the game was the Broncos DT. I hope our analytics FO sees that the championship defense is built inside-out, with the glitzy players [the DB's] being less significant than the DT & DE.

  • The actual MVP of the game was the Broncos DT. I hope our analytics FO sees that the championship defense is built inside-out, with the glitzy players [the DB's] being less significant than the DT & DE.

    @unsympathetic said:

    The actual MVP of the game was the Broncos DT. I hope our analytics FO sees that the championship defense is built inside-out, with the glitzy players [the DB's] being less significant than the DT & DE.

    And Malik Jackson is my #1 FA target since it will be hard for the Broncos to sign him under their cap even with franchising Von Miller.

  • Although I agree we should ask Jackson, I'd rather go for Damon Harrison. Harrison has been one of the best interior run defenders in the league recently, and him next to Shelton would not only free up our pick to be the QB, it would also solidify the DL to actualize what we've told ourselves it would be each of the last 2 offseasons.

    Jackson made a ton of money with his play in the SB.. I bet Harrison is cheaper for more run-stopping performance. Plus, Shelton at NT eating double-teams will free up Harrison. Those two plus the Bryant who isn't a felon seems a pretty potent group.

  • Although I agree we should ask Jackson, I'd rather go for Damon Harrison. Harrison has been one of the best interior run defenders in the league recently, and him next to Shelton would not only free up our pick to be the QB, it would also solidify the DL to actualize what we've told ourselves it would be each of the last 2 offseasons.

    Jackson made a ton of money with his play in the SB.. I bet Harrison is cheaper for more run-stopping performance. Plus, Shelton at NT eating double-teams will free up Harrison. Those two plus the Bryant who isn't a felon seems a pretty potent group.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Although I agree we should ask Jackson, I'd rather go for Damon Harrison. Harrison has been one of the best interior run defenders in the league recently, and him next to Shelton would not only free up our pick to be the QB, it would also solidify the DL to actualize what we've told ourselves it would be each of the last 2 offseasons.

    Jackson made a ton of money with his play in the SB.. I bet Harrison is cheaper for more run-stopping performance. Plus, Shelton at NT eating double-teams will free up Harrison. Those two plus the Bryant who isn't a felon seems a pretty potent group.

    yeah but think about adding a Bosa or Buckner to that group...now you've got the makings of a potentially elite defensive front for years to come.

  • @tour2ma said:

    giphy.gif

    FYI, I have been in the middle of a place where they exploded an atomic bomb.

  • @tour2ma said:

    giphy.gif

    FYI, I have been in the middle of a place where they exploded an atomic bomb.

    @the-gipper said:

    FYI, I have been in the middle of a place where they exploded an atomic bomb.

    My Dad flew a bomber that carried Atomic bombs before we had missiles(60's cold war).....so he spent most of his AF time up in the air flying "alert" , just in case......here to Spain and back again....over and over and over....always thought that was kinda cool, though Im not sure Id want to be anywhere near a place one of them blew up.....even years later....

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Although I agree we should ask Jackson, I'd rather go for Damon Harrison. Harrison has been one of the best interior run defenders in the league recently, and him next to Shelton would not only free up our pick to be the QB, it would also solidify the DL to actualize what we've told ourselves it would be each of the last 2 offseasons.

    Jackson made a ton of money with his play in the SB.. I bet Harrison is cheaper for more run-stopping performance. Plus, Shelton at NT eating double-teams will free up Harrison. Those two plus the Bryant who isn't a felon seems a pretty potent group.

    yeah but think about adding a Bosa or Buckner to that group...now you've got the makings of a potentially elite defensive front for years to come.

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah but think about adding a Bosa or Buckner to that group...now you've got the makings of a potentially elite defensive front for years to come.

    If we're making the elusive "move to a 4-3" then yes. I don't think so, though.. Bryant the More Expensive was an expensive buy from the Raiders a couple years ago, and all the talk of "hybrid" seems more of a bizarre hypothesis in some now-fired coaches head rather than a roster reality.

  • @the-gipper said:

    FYI, I have been in the middle of a place where they exploded an atomic bomb.

    My Dad flew a bomber that carried Atomic bombs before we had missiles(60's cold war).....so he spent most of his AF time up in the air flying "alert" , just in case......here to Spain and back again....over and over and over....always thought that was kinda cool, though Im not sure Id want to be anywhere near a place one of them blew up.....even years later....

    @mudfly said:

    My Dad flew a bomber that carried Atomic bombs before we had missiles(60's cold war).....so he spent most of his AF time up in the air flying "alert" , just in case......here to Spain and back again....over and over and over....always thought that was kinda cool, though Im not sure Id want to be anywhere near a place one of them blew up.....even years later....

    I have been to the Trinity Site where the very first atom bomb was exploded. I have not noticed that I glow in the dark.

    First_atomic_explosion.jpg

  • zero.jpg

    As it looks today. This is not my photo, but I took one like it.

  • And this casing for the first a-bomb was made only blocks from where I now sit:

    Trinity_Site_-_Remnants_of_Jumbo_-_2010.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Was hoping to see Slim riding that bomb.... 😉

    600full-dr.-strangelove-or-how-i-learned

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Was hoping to see Slim riding that bomb.... 😉

    600full-dr.-strangelove-or-how-i-learned

    @mudfly said:

    Was hoping to see Slim riding that bomb.... 😉

    600full-dr.-strangelove-or-how-i-learned

    LOL! 😁

  • To soon to tell if the FO was paying attention but we can hope. Personally I think we could improve everywhere on the roster and every little improvement will help. The only problem with drafting is you just have to guess how all of them will transition to the pros. With free agents you just have to guess how they will transition from one system to another so free agency is not as big of a gamble.

  • To soon to tell if the FO was paying attention but we can hope. Personally I think we could improve everywhere on the roster and every little improvement will help. The only problem with drafting is you just have to guess how all of them will transition to the pros. With free agents you just have to guess how they will transition from one system to another so free agency is not as big of a gamble.

    @joedawg69 said:

    To soon to tell if the FO was paying attention but we can hope. Personally I think we could improve everywhere on the roster and every little improvement will help. The only problem with drafting is you just have to guess how all of them will transition to the pros. With free agents you just have to guess how they will transition from one system to another so free agency is not as big of a gamble.

    Id agree that FA is less of a gamble.....or, at least, should be.....BUT, if you make huge assumptions, then it can be trouble...

    Examples: Assuming that a Housler can become something he never was......or.....Assuming that an old guy like Bowe would suddenly return to the form he had several years before.....

    Those are gambles teams shouldnt take.....and the reason is that they aren't getting paid rookie money while we find out....