Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Picked up new 9 yesterday

Picked up new 9 yesterday

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
26 Posts 9 Posters 643 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 9k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I picked up this SD9VE yesterday because it was on sale for a great price ($279 or something like that). Figured it'd be a nice carry piece that I can beat on and is pretty durable.

    I was torn between this and the M&P - but I figured this would be fine to beat on and pump a bunch of rounds through. Already got some truglo sights ordered and that's probably all I'll do to it.

    I just wanted to dispel this fiction once and for all that I'm a gun-hating liberal, you need to buy all your guns now before Obamao and Clinton take em away and ban then. (This line makes it relevant to political discussion)

    post-21352-0-70245000-1455200799_thumb.jpg

    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 15k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
      #2

      I have the sd40ve. It grew out of the sigma which was universally hated but it's a decent piece.

      Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
        • 15k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I don't know if that's a sale price. Msrp is pretty low on the SD series.

        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
        bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 15k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
          #4

          My only beef with mine is no thumb safety, although the trigger pull is fairly heavy

          Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T The Cysko Kid

            I don't know if that's a sale price. Msrp is pretty low on the SD series.

            bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 9k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @the-cysko-kid said:

            I don't know if that's a sale price. Msrp is pretty low on the SD series.

            I think it's like $50-60 off of the MSRP. Cheap gun, but seems like they're reliable (and improved in a few ways over the sigma)

            It seems pretty much identical to the G19 except for the trigger, which is pretty heavy. They have a spring kit that lightens it up a bit but I'll have to have some time at the range with it to see if it's necessary.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
              • 15k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Because it has no thumb safety if you ever intend on carrying it I don't know about lightning the trigger pull

              Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
              bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 15k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Maybe logic can give you advice on it.

                Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                  • 64k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  A good gunsmith can probably fix the trigger pull.

                  that's GOOD gunsmith. I had one fix my old .22 magnum rifle trigger.

                  I love my little CTX 9. Kicks a bit for repetitive shooting, but that goes with

                  the territory of it being smaller.

                  and the double side safety works for me.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • T The Cysko Kid

                    Because it has no thumb safety if you ever intend on carrying it I don't know about lightning the trigger pull

                    bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
                    #9

                    @the-cysko-kid said:

                    Because it has no thumb safety if you ever intend on carrying it I don't know about lightning the trigger pull

                    I'm not too worried about the trigger - feels pretty good to me. Firmer trigger is better for self defense, lighter better for the range - but I'm not a competitive shooter or anything.

                    It's basically identical to the glock platform - which I'm already comfortable with so this gun is already pretty natural to me. Glocks are also only brain safety - save for the double action trigger.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Cysko is right, they came from the Sigmas that generally had a pretty atrocious reputation.

                      I don't mind the SD line from S&W. The triggers are generally dookie but there are ways you can lighten it up and smooth it out (Google it; lots of people who did it all at home). But as far as being cheap and reliable, they accomplish both of those goals.

                      I am pretty fond of the M&Ps but have a good amount of trigger time on an SD9VE.

                      bbedwardB 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                        • 24k Posts
                        • 1k Reputation
                        C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Edward I feel like you're not understanding that you're supposed to be liberal gun hating weenie. Do you wanna lose your club card? Well do you?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                          Cysko is right, they came from the Sigmas that generally had a pretty atrocious reputation.

                          I don't mind the SD line from S&W. The triggers are generally dookie but there are ways you can lighten it up and smooth it out (Google it; lots of people who did it all at home). But as far as being cheap and reliable, they accomplish both of those goals.

                          I am pretty fond of the M&Ps but have a good amount of trigger time on an SD9VE.

                          bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @logicisforsquares said:

                          I don't mind the SD line from S&W. The triggers are generally dookie but there are ways you can lighten it up and smooth it out (Google it; lots of people who did it all at home). But as far as being cheap and reliable, they accomplish both of those goals.

                          I did see that spring kit and the glock style trigger. I'll probably go with the trigger at least because I like the glock style much more than the hinge. I don't mind the heavier pull but I definitely wouldn't mind improving the travel.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • One Post One PostO
                            • 4k Posts
                            • 284 Reputation
                            One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            You're gonna shoot your eye out.

                            https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Pumpkin Eater P
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 297 Reputation
                              P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I got Ruger sr22 to carry. Still small but you can actually grip it good enough to shoot straight.

                              :neutral_face:
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 9k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                I got about 200 shots through it today. I out tfo sights on it and they really helped me get back on target a lot quicker.

                                Trigger sucks, I still had decent groupings but it definitely affected my accuracy. I have the apex trigger on order so once I install it I'll get back out and it should be a lot better.

                                LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • bbedwardB bbedward

                                  I got about 200 shots through it today. I out tfo sights on it and they really helped me get back on target a lot quicker.

                                  Trigger sucks, I still had decent groupings but it definitely affected my accuracy. I have the apex trigger on order so once I install it I'll get back out and it should be a lot better.

                                  LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 10k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @bbedward said:

                                  I got about 200 shots through it today. I out tfo sights on it and they really helped me get back on target a lot quicker.

                                  Trigger sucks, I still had decent groupings but it definitely affected my accuracy. I have the apex trigger on order so once I install it I'll get back out and it should be a lot better.

                                  I don't know how the Apex is in the SD models but their triggers for the M&P are fantastic.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                    • 28k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    CbXbjS-XIAAU4cJ.jpg

                                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 9k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                      #18
                                      D1jmKmH.png
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 10k Posts
                                        • 2k Reputation
                                        LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Says 'America', highlights a Belgian pistol.

                                        Legacy FanL 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 9k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Put the new trigger on today - it's a world of difference. It doesn't take forever to break and reset - more accurate with it. Weight is still on the heavy side versus an M&P or a glock but I'm fine with that, just wanted the better trigger.

                                          post-21352-0-45549700-1455835428_thumb.jpg

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate