Skip to content

2016 O-Line Draft: Offensive Tackles

The Browns Board
83 17 2.9k
  • You're welcome, Flugs... and don't forget Valentine's Day 😉...

  • You're welcome, Flugs... and don't forget Valentine's Day 😉...

    @tour2ma said:

    You're welcome, Flugs... and don't forget Valentine's Day 😉...

    The sad thing is my wife and I can never find a decent restaurant without a 2-3 hour line on our anniversary. Everyone else in the country shows up to celebrate it with us. 😆 So today, our 46th, we're just going to a movie with friends and have some popcorn. 😁 😄

  • @tour2ma said:

    You're welcome, Flugs... and don't forget Valentine's Day 😉...

    The sad thing is my wife and I can never find a decent restaurant without a 2-3 hour line on our anniversary. Everyone else in the country shows up to celebrate it with us. 😆 So today, our 46th, we're just going to a movie with friends and have some popcorn. 😁 😄

    @texasag1969 said:

    The sad thing is my wife and I can never find a decent restaurant without a 2-3 hour line on our anniversary. Everyone else in the country shows up to celebrate it with us. 😆 So today, our 46th, we're just going to a movie with friends and have some popcorn. 😁 😄

    Congrats on 46....thats great!.....Were having a quiet day at home this year, but maybe the most appreciate Valentines day yet.....and I thought our 33 yrs were something else...🙂

  • Jesus Christ, Tour... not only is this some fine work, but it really illustrates that I need to start making some time to watch more film.

  • Jesus Christ, Tour... not only is this some fine work, but it really illustrates that I need to start making some time to watch more film.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jesus Christ, Tour... not only is this some fine work, but it really illustrates that I need to start making some time to watch more film.

    Fine work indeed....I pretty much trust his OL assessments more than the published lists....

  • Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

  • Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    especially if they are projected as top 10 talents....eh?

  • Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    It's all just names usually. Who did something to get their name out there, that's who gets put at the top of early lists. PFF started doing college grades and a lot of the best players are no names.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    It's all just names usually. Who did something to get their name out there, that's who gets put at the top of early lists. PFF started doing college grades and a lot of the best players are no names.

    @wargograw said:

    It's all just names usually. Who did something to get their name out there, that's who gets put at the top of early lists. PFF started doing college grades and a lot of the best players are no names.

    Strength of opposition is probably a big factor in there though.

  • Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    I'm watching him vs OSU now. Who is OSU's RDE? Not Bosa, he plays left the whole time. Either way, Stanley seems to be putting up pretty strong resistance, not really getting beaten in pass rush.

    Run game seems less, as you say, nasty, and doesn't show a lot of 'hustle' to get out and block, especially when the QB takes off, he's just like 'fuck it, I can't do much, so why bother trying'.

  • Also, let's not get the Notre Dame QB. Guy looks horrible.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Thanks, but I have to admit I wonder sometimes what I'm missing when it comes to a Stanley or Kelly that are touted as 1st round prospects. Seems like 1st rounders should jump out at you...

    I'm watching him vs OSU now. Who is OSU's RDE? Not Bosa, he plays left the whole time. Either way, Stanley seems to be putting up pretty strong resistance, not really getting beaten in pass rush.

    Run game seems less, as you say, nasty, and doesn't show a lot of 'hustle' to get out and block, especially when the QB takes off, he's just like 'fuck it, I can't do much, so why bother trying'.

    @gftchris said:

    I'm watching him vs OSU now. Who is OSU's RDE? Not Bosa, he plays left the whole time. Either way, Stanley seems to be putting up pretty strong resistance, not really getting beaten in pass rush.

    A lot of the time that can be Lewis... #59?

  • @gftchris said:

    I'm watching him vs OSU now. Who is OSU's RDE? Not Bosa, he plays left the whole time. Either way, Stanley seems to be putting up pretty strong resistance, not really getting beaten in pass rush.

    A lot of the time that can be Lewis... #59?

    @tour2ma said:

    A lot of the time that can be Lewis... #59?

    Maybe. Thought it also could have been 77, but not sure. Obviously not getting a great angle to see, since it's always from behind the QB.

  • Coulda been Hubbard also

  • VesnaKociper said:

    I would draft every fucking one of them.

    I also have nothing of value to add to the thread but very much appreciate the research and insight. Good stuff!

  • VesnaKociper said:

    I would draft every fucking one of them.

    I also have nothing of value to add to the thread but very much appreciate the research and insight. Good stuff!

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I also have nothing of value to add to the thread but very much appreciate the research and insight. Good stuff!

    lol... love the "also"... thanks...




  • Tough call here as there is so little quality competition on tape. Need to look at Sr. Bowl for some, but I have a couple takeaways. Primary one is stiff hips... Joe's movement is much more fluid going forward in run block than in PassPro retreat. I expect this to show at the Combine.


    In PassPro Joe's chop is so very wide that it can't include any stance depth. SO the few times he faced a DE with any amount of size and speed, he's get rocked backwards. Fixable? Yes, unless the exaggerated width is compensating for a lack of agility in reverse.


    As I mentioned he looks smoother moving forward. He actually pulls a fair amount of the time in sweeps to his side. Does not always hit his targets, but he does move aggressively to them and I like that. he few times I saw him against big DL the result was usually a draw. Does not appear to have "root 'em out" power.


    Seems like a Day 2 developmental prospect...



  • Sorry, Ag, but you asked me too look... Found a cutdown vs. Ole Miss so was some good competition.


    First the good news... in PassPro he really did not get beat. How he did not get beat early and often escapes me, but the results are what they are.


    Technique-wise he's a mess. While there's a fledgling kick with his right leg, the left fails to move... so it's a faux kick. Chop is there and it flows OK. Problem is there's too much vertical movement and so the chop just doesn't cover much ground. As a result he ends up reaching a great deal of the time.


    In addition, whether in PassPro or run blocking, Ifedi dips his head as he nears impact... and the waist follows taking balance with it. This accounts for his low connect percentage in making, let alone sustaining, blocks on the run. His arms are not active except for reaching and grabbing.


    In run blocking he is way too concerned with the movement of his 2nd level assignments and gets juked by their fakes. Sharp contrast to the tape on Haeg that preceeded Germain's. Where Joe aggressively ran to and through his assignments, Ifedi just didn't. He does fare better against 1st level opponents. *Edit* Excepting two plays where he flipped to LT in an unbalanced look, sliding into the line between the LG and full-time LT. There he whiffed two different DL in two plays separated by about a quarter.
  • It's exactly why they fired the OL coach and hired one back from the pros.

  • Ok T no pressure but the 3 Harvard analytic guys in our FO our looking for your grade on Toner from Harvard. Garrett & teammates @ senior bowl liked him. we need a jewel mid round compared to Springs in 2/3 round. Sign Schwartz Hue Sashi..