Skip to content

Kirk Cousins

The Browns Board
49 25 1.8k
  • You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.

  • something about him bothers me. I dunno, maybe it was that golden boy matter of factness in a press conference right after they got their asses handed to them and he played like shit. I'd rather have a guy that sat annoyed and pissed off in a post game presser after an embarrassing loss than some dude who sounds like he's giving a post game report for ESPN. It was almost like he didn't have anything to do with the loss. Why i had "zero" issue with Cams behavior after the superbowl. Losing the SB "should" bother a mother fucker to the point he aint' good company for months.

  • No thank you. QB at #2 and McCown to groom him - that's the best plan.

  • Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Redskins and QB Kirk Cousins have broken off contract talks, per team source. No further talks scheduled.

    Redskins and QB Kirk Cousins have broken off contract talks, per team source. No further talks scheduled.

    Should we jump in with an offer ?

    @darren15 said:

    Redskins and QB Kirk Cousins have broken off contract talks, per team source. No further talks scheduled.

    Should we jump in with an offer ?

    he'd be the best qb we have had since the return, but that is not saying much now, is it? you like that...heheheheeeee

  • I agree with the concern about overpaying for a 1-year wonder - or overpaying for a no-year wonder (Osweiler).

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer

  • one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

  • Cousins as a backup?...Fine

    Cousins getting NFL vet starter QB $...No thank you. Certainly not yet.

    Mike

  • I agree with the concern about overpaying for a 1-year wonder - or overpaying for a no-year wonder (Osweiler).

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer

    @bbedward said:

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer

    Really I wonder why?
  • You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.

    Ozzy has already told you. Here, Hit this than pass Him Down πŸ˜‰

  • one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    @mudfly said:

    one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    I mean really- he's not getting out of Washington, so Cousins to the Browns guys can keep dreaming.

  • I agree with the concern about overpaying for a 1-year wonder - or overpaying for a no-year wonder (Osweiler).

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer

    @bbedward said:

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer.

    Better arm... more fire... not seeing it...

    @mudfly said:

    one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    I'll spin... Is there a "D"?

    I'd like to buy a vowel. Is there an "A"?

  • @bbedward said:

    Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer.

    Better arm... more fire... not seeing it...

    @mudfly said:

    one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    I'll spin... Is there a "D"?

    I'd like to buy a vowel. Is there an "A"?

    @tour2ma said:

    Better arm... more fire... not seeing it...

    7-game wonders? Maybe the mental lapses. I'm not sure where I was going with it. I don't have a lot of confidence in him, though
  • One Post From the Truth said:

    You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.

    Ozzy has already told you. Here, Hit this than pass Him Down πŸ˜‰

    @gumby73 said:

    Ozzy has already told you. Here, Hit this than pass Him Down πŸ˜‰

    Cough cough... Kirk who? πŸ™‚
  • No. Cousins is not a franchise qb

  • you guys obviously haven't seen the nfc east (being in ohio and all). kirk cousins, by himself has lifted the redskins from a dan snyder shit team to a contender. if you haven't seen him float a touch pass over the shoulder to his receiver 40 yards down the field then you're frickin blind.

    tell me when brian hoyer was ever capable of doing that AND stand in the pocket with out happy feet or throwing off his back foot?

  • No. Cousins is not a franchise qb

    @alkid3 said:

    No. Cousins is not a franchise qb

    ok. then either draft you're fuckin franchise QB and shut up about bosa or make a deal for some serviceable guy that can go a season without getting broken in half.

    what's YOUR choice?

  • one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    @mudfly said:

    one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    Well if they had other good years they're not one year wonders. So this is kind of a self-answering question.

  • @mudfly said:

    one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...

    Well if they had other good years they're not one year wonders. So this is kind of a self-answering question.

    @wargograw said:

    Well if they had other good years they're not one year wonders. So this is kind of a self-answering question.

    My comment was in the context of this discussion....big $ contract awarded following one and only solid season....

  • I would say there's about a 95% chance Cousins stays in Washington. I'm not buying the whole "contract talks are broken off" line. I think that might be just a bargaining ploy done by the agent, and what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it? No, they are still talking to each other, I don't care what information is reported. Washington doesn't want to go back to RG III, and Cousins played better than just about any QB in the entire damn league during the last 10 games of the season. Additionally, the franchise price for a QB is probably $20 million....for ONE YEAR. Nobody wants to pay that, and the front office will do anything they can to lock up Cousins, who appeared to thoroughly enjoy his time in Washington. All of this is just posturing.

    However...if my concocted percentages are correct, and obviously I just made them up (LOL), that leaves a 5% chance he goes elsewhere. Should that happen, he would obviously be the most coveted QB in the market, and there are several teams that would make silly offers to him because QB's are just too damn precious in the NFL. Many teams have to draft a guy, deal with his learning pains, and take the "wait and see" approach. Other lucky teams get guys like Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, and Alex Smith. The talented free agent QB is the unicorn of the league, and they are as valuable as they are rare. These guys can choose from a variety of locations, and let's just say that Cleveland isn't generally number one on their list.

    Regardless of how you feel about Cousins, the Skins would be fools for not doing everything they can to keep the guy. Is Cousins worth $20 million a year? Of course not, but $20 million IS worth knowing you won't have to be searching for your QB (if that makes sense). Think about it...what would our team pay to FINALLY have the QB conundrum solved?

    What REALLY hurts is that multiple sources reported the Redskins were shopping Cousins for a while, and they were asking for a second rounder (I don't remember the specific details, but I'm pretty sure I'm right). I believe the Browns were interested, but obviously didn't pull the trigger. This was obviously before Cousins' recent success, so I can see why we didn't, but it just goes to show you how inept we are at identifying talent. Sure, Cousins was a turnover machine, but was there a way to look past that and see what the guy could do? I don't know, but hopefully we have the right guys in our town to finally get it right.

  • "what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"

    Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.