Kirk Cousins
-
I agree with the concern about overpaying for a 1-year wonder - or overpaying for a no-year wonder (Osweiler).
Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer
-
You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.
-
one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...
-
I agree with the concern about overpaying for a 1-year wonder - or overpaying for a no-year wonder (Osweiler).
Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer
Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer.
Better arm... more fire... not seeing it...
one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...
I'll spin... Is there a "D"?
I'd like to buy a vowel. Is there an "A"?
-
Cousins reminds me of a younger Brian Hoyer.
Better arm... more fire... not seeing it...
one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...
I'll spin... Is there a "D"?
I'd like to buy a vowel. Is there an "A"?
-
One Post From the Truth said:
You guys wouldn't know a good qb if it landed on ya. Cousins would be a great pickup. But ya he'll get the tag.
Ozzy has already told you. Here, Hit this than pass Him Down

-
you guys obviously haven't seen the nfc east (being in ohio and all). kirk cousins, by himself has lifted the redskins from a dan snyder shit team to a contender. if you haven't seen him float a touch pass over the shoulder to his receiver 40 yards down the field then you're frickin blind.
tell me when brian hoyer was ever capable of doing that AND stand in the pocket with out happy feet or throwing off his back foot?
-
-
one year wonders bother me too.....cant think of many that have ended up being great, but can come up with a few who were signed to big $ and then flopped...
-
Well if they had other good years they're not one year wonders. So this is kind of a self-answering question.
My comment was in the context of this discussion....big $ contract awarded following one and only solid season....
-
I would say there's about a 95% chance Cousins stays in Washington. I'm not buying the whole "contract talks are broken off" line. I think that might be just a bargaining ploy done by the agent, and what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it? No, they are still talking to each other, I don't care what information is reported. Washington doesn't want to go back to RG III, and Cousins played better than just about any QB in the entire damn league during the last 10 games of the season. Additionally, the franchise price for a QB is probably $20 million....for ONE YEAR. Nobody wants to pay that, and the front office will do anything they can to lock up Cousins, who appeared to thoroughly enjoy his time in Washington. All of this is just posturing.
However...if my concocted percentages are correct, and obviously I just made them up (LOL), that leaves a 5% chance he goes elsewhere. Should that happen, he would obviously be the most coveted QB in the market, and there are several teams that would make silly offers to him because QB's are just too damn precious in the NFL. Many teams have to draft a guy, deal with his learning pains, and take the "wait and see" approach. Other lucky teams get guys like Carson Palmer, Drew Brees, and Alex Smith. The talented free agent QB is the unicorn of the league, and they are as valuable as they are rare. These guys can choose from a variety of locations, and let's just say that Cleveland isn't generally number one on their list.
Regardless of how you feel about Cousins, the Skins would be fools for not doing everything they can to keep the guy. Is Cousins worth $20 million a year? Of course not, but $20 million IS worth knowing you won't have to be searching for your QB (if that makes sense). Think about it...what would our team pay to FINALLY have the QB conundrum solved?
What REALLY hurts is that multiple sources reported the Redskins were shopping Cousins for a while, and they were asking for a second rounder (I don't remember the specific details, but I'm pretty sure I'm right). I believe the Browns were interested, but obviously didn't pull the trigger. This was obviously before Cousins' recent success, so I can see why we didn't, but it just goes to show you how inept we are at identifying talent. Sure, Cousins was a turnover machine, but was there a way to look past that and see what the guy could do? I don't know, but hopefully we have the right guys in our town to finally get it right.
-
"what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"
Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.
-
"what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"
Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.
"what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"
Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.
I totally agree. The only, and I mean ONLY problem with that tag option is the price. That's why I made up the tiny 5% chance he doesn't stay, LOL. But like I said...what's it worth to not have to worry about your QB issue? Hell, we'd gladly pay $20 million to not have to talk about the QB for a year or two! Washington is yet another example of how valuable the WR truly is. Cousins started really playing well after about week 6 I think, and that's pretty close to when Desean Jackson came back healthy (I believe Jackson came back later, but whatever). The point is, Desean Jackson came back healthy and it opened up the deep ball for the Redskins, which opened up other things. Hell, it seemed like just about every week for the last 7 weeks Desean had a long bomb for a TD. The big play WR is so important, and here's to hoping we have ours back...healthy...sober...and ready to work.
-
"what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"
Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.
"what would Washington gain by breaking off talks? What would Cousins gain by it?"
Jiggles - I have a feeling this ends with a franchise tag, and a 'lets see if you can do that again' season for Cousins in washington. Both parties are happy with that I think.
Yep....20 mil for one year is probably a smart move.....but 15-20 mil for 4 years??, no way....tag is the way to go....
-
I kind of like Cousins. I kinda would be okay with him being targeted.
-
I kind of like Cousins. I kinda would be okay with him being targeted.
I kind of like Cousins. I kinda would be okay with him being targeted.
That's quite the endorsement.
-
I kind of like Cousins. I kinda would be okay with him being targeted.
That's quite the endorsement.
-
ok. then either draft you're fuckin franchise QB and shut up about bosa or make a deal for some serviceable guy that can go a season without getting broken in half.
what's YOUR choice?
Is this even a debate Jackson already said we are drafting a qb. As we should. I've never mentioned Bosa ever. Don't know what would make you bring that up. We should try at free agent qbs. Cousins is not one of them.ive always liked Cousins over rg3... so I'm glad redskins finally pulled their heads outta there ass.
-
Anybody who would want to sign Cousins and doesn't remember 2007 Derek Anderson is just plain dumb. Truth be told I think Cousins will be a good QB but I thought Anderson would be too.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login