Rams cut Laurinaitis and Long.....i'd take em in a heartbeat.
-
You can say JJ Watt was a huge pickup with certainty but on the other hand the Texans got Clowney high in rd one and he has been a big disappointment.
-
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
Because we just watched a Super Bowl where Von Miller single handedly won a ring for the Broncos. I think Goff is a better player to take at two as of today, but a cornerstone edge rusher is in many ways becoming just as important as QB.
Because we just watched a Super Bowl where Von Miller single handedly won a ring for the Broncos. I think Goff is a better player to take at two as of today, but a cornerstone edge rusher is in many ways becoming just as important as QB.
Who's the cornerstore edge rusher in this draft? There's no player in this class that is as good as Miller coming out of TA&M, or even Clowney as a pass rusher.
Bosa is a solid player but he'd be a poor fit in a 3-4.
-
You can say JJ Watt was a huge pickup with certainty but on the other hand the Texans got Clowney high in rd one and he has been a big disappointment.
One Post From the Truth said:
You can say JJ Watt was a huge pickup with certainty but on the other hand the Texans got Clowney high in rd one and he has been a big disappointment.
he was a bust just waiting to happen....only a disappointment to the team dumb enough to draft him at #1.....
-
Because we just watched a Super Bowl where Von Miller single handedly won a ring for the Broncos. I think Goff is a better player to take at two as of today, but a cornerstone edge rusher is in many ways becoming just as important as QB.
Who's the cornerstore edge rusher in this draft? There's no player in this class that is as good as Miller coming out of TA&M, or even Clowney as a pass rusher.
Bosa is a solid player but he'd be a poor fit in a 3-4.
Who's the cornerstore edge rusher in this draft? There's no player in this class that is as good as Miller coming out of TA&M, or even Clowney as a pass rusher.
Bosa is a solid player but he'd be a poor fit in a 3-4.
The premier edge rusher in 2016 may well be Spence.
Bosa certainly is a better 4-3 fit.
The Watt comparisons continue to amuse...
-
What the hell. Let's just get the overrated QB this year and that will insure we get the next great edge rusher out of A&M next year-Myles Garrett.
Maybe a quarter step slower (if not the same) than Miller, bigger and bends better around the OT's. -
-
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
I agree a premier edge rusher would be nice- but top quarterbacks usually get picked in the top 10. Yeah don't give me crap about the outliers. So we're going to draft Bosa, suck swampwater with McCown next year, and have another #2 pick Then we pick our top qb. Hey, we tried that once in reverse, drafting Couch and then Brown. So tell me how that worked out. If Hue thinks one of the top three qbs are worth the #2 ahead of Bosa, I'm all for it. We haven't had a top qb since Bernie, and before that Otto Graham- and even I'm not old enough to say I ever saw Otto play.
-
Well guys, don't mind watching tape on our old buckeyes, so I did. 3 of his highest output games were @Minn.@Cinn & Home Det. Combined in 8 tackles per game, 5 solo's tackles per game & 3 were assisted tackles per game. What I did not like was most of these tackles were 5-7 yards down field on running plays but his coverage skills on backs & TE's was no better than Mingo but James don't miss or falloff a tackle. James is 29 now with a 3.6 contract with Rams. Great in locker room guy & Hue could use that in his room. Bring Him Home!!
-
What the hell. Let's just get the overrated QB this year and that will insure we get the next great edge rusher out of A&M next year-Myles Garrett.
Maybe a quarter step slower (if not the same) than Miller, bigger and bends better around the OT's.joey bosa is to von miller is what jack black is to leonardo dicapprio OR COLDPLAY IS TO PINK FLOYD.
What the hell. Let's just get the overrated QB this year and that will insure we get the next great edge rusher out of A&M next year-Myles Garrett.
Maybe a quarter step slower (if not the same) than Miller, bigger and bends better around the OT's.your feelings still hurt about manziel? i'd like to know when exactly (what year, what round) we are supposed to find the QB of the future?
now you would think that hue jackson, who some claim to be a qb guru would be pleading his case for this team to draft one this year. so a 4th rd pick on a qb would be alright with everyone here? oh wait! next year's class of qbs will be better! no wait! the class of 2018 is supposed to be off the fucking hook!
i get it, i love defense too! BUT PICK THE FUCKING QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND KEEP PICKING THEM UNTIL WE CAN GET RID OF THE WALL OF SHAME 22 QBS IN 17 YEARS PICTURE!!!!
-
joey bosa is to von miller is what jack black is to leonardo dicapprio OR COLDPLAY IS TO PINK FLOYD.
What the hell. Let's just get the overrated QB this year and that will insure we get the next great edge rusher out of A&M next year-Myles Garrett.
Maybe a quarter step slower (if not the same) than Miller, bigger and bends better around the OT's.your feelings still hurt about manziel? i'd like to know when exactly (what year, what round) we are supposed to find the QB of the future?
now you would think that hue jackson, who some claim to be a qb guru would be pleading his case for this team to draft one this year. so a 4th rd pick on a qb would be alright with everyone here? oh wait! next year's class of qbs will be better! no wait! the class of 2018 is supposed to be off the fucking hook!
i get it, i love defense too! BUT PICK THE FUCKING QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND KEEP PICKING THEM UNTIL WE CAN GET RID OF THE WALL OF SHAME 22 QBS IN 17 YEARS PICTURE!!!!
joey bosa is to von miller is what jack black is to leonardo dicapprio OR COLDPLAY IS TO PINK FLOYD.
your feelings still hurt about manziel? i'd like to know when exactly (what year, what round) we are supposed to find the QB of the future?
now you would think that hue jackson, who some claim to be a qb guru would be pleading his case for this team to draft one this year. so a 4th rd pick on a qb would be alright with everyone here? oh wait! next year's class of qbs will be better! no wait! the class of 2018 is supposed to be off the fucking hook!
i get it, i love defense too! BUT PICK THE FUCKING QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND KEEP PICKING THEM UNTIL WE CAN GET RID OF THE WALL OF SHAME 22 QBS IN 17 YEARS PICTURE!!!!
I go back and forth from day to day mik. Some days I want the QB and other days I want a defense to be feared. So long as we go all out either way I can live with it. What I don't want to see is half measures on O and D at the same time. This team is so mediocre in overall talent that this method will insure more of the same 3-4 win seasons. I'd also like to see Garrett in a Browns uniform to make up for what we just sent you. Guy is 100% a player that comes from a family of educators and athletes. No quit in him and quality person to boot. He is the nest defensive impact player we've had since Von. He actually could help the Browns "wreck this league".
-
i want it all. pettine and farmer were both d players but when i look at the drafts which i thought were D heavy....they really were 50/50. and then add to it the big whiffs............it's like, does anyone on the north shore of ohio know how to hire people that actually know wtf they're doing?
scouts? no. maybe webelos.
-
Yeah....I cant agree with that either....."fair ceiling"???......more like "extremely unlikely" ceiling.....
Okay, the use of the word "fair" was perhaps the wrong way to say it. Honestly, I actually hate comparisons but all I'm trying to say is Bosa has potential to be a cornerstone defensive type of talent just like any top 5 defensive talent is. Is that really some huge leap or am I going crazy?
-
Yeah....I cant agree with that either....."fair ceiling"???......more like "extremely unlikely" ceiling.....
Okay, the use of the word "fair" was perhaps the wrong way to say it. Honestly, I actually hate comparisons but all I'm trying to say is Bosa has potential to be a cornerstone defensive type of talent just like any top 5 defensive talent is. Is that really some huge leap or am I going crazy?
Okay, the use of the word "fair" was perhaps the wrong way to say it. Honestly, I actually hate comparisons but all I'm trying to say is Bosa has potential to be a cornerstone defensive type of talent just like any top 5 defensive talent is. Is that really some huge leap or am I going crazy?
I just don't see it. Good player? Yes. 15+ sacks a season? No
-
Who's the cornerstore edge rusher in this draft? There's no player in this class that is as good as Miller coming out of TA&M, or even Clowney as a pass rusher.
Bosa is a solid player but he'd be a poor fit in a 3-4.
The premier edge rusher in 2016 may well be Spence.
Bosa certainly is a better 4-3 fit.
The Watt comparisons continue to amuse...
The premier edge rusher in 2016 may well be Spence.
Bosa certainly is a better 4-3 fit.
The Watt comparisons continue to amuse...
By all accounts, Spence is the best edge rusher in this draft. But character concerns aside, is he a "cornerstone" edge rusher like Von Miller? I haven't heard anyone say he's on the same level as Khalil Mack coming out college. To me, Mack will be the benchmark for edge rushers for the next couple of drafts.
I kind of went off on my own tangent there, but I just don't see any defensive players who will in the top 5 at their position in a few years other than Ramsey at safety. If you ask me, Tunsil is clearly the best prospect at any premium position.
-
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
Horton's base D is the 34 which means the alleged football messiah would mostly work out of a 5 technique as a 2nd overall pick. Not for nothing, but how much of a difference has Des Bryant made since he got his dream contract to play the 5 technique here. Interestingly enough, some of his biggest plays have come when we've moved him around or up over Center on occasion. Best case scenario, we hope he plays as well as Brett Keisel used to and what round was he available in?
I don't really care about Bosa's heroics against his crappy competition. I wanted to see this guy dominate Michigan State the way Bama's front line did. If we surveyed Sparty's Offensive line - which 1st round defensive line prospects would they tell us are more overrated - Bosa or Bama's?
I remembered a promise of hybrid fronts in 2013 but I don't recall seeing a lot of varied fronts or maybe there was but there was just very little reason to remember the difference or impact of such.
-
Why do we think Bosa is the answer to all our problems? Just curious because good pass rushers are a dime a dozen (compared to say, QBs) and Bosa doesn't fit the mold many think he does.
Horton's base D is the 34 which means the alleged football messiah would mostly work out of a 5 technique as a 2nd overall pick. Not for nothing, but how much of a difference has Des Bryant made since he got his dream contract to play the 5 technique here. Interestingly enough, some of his biggest plays have come when we've moved him around or up over Center on occasion. Best case scenario, we hope he plays as well as Brett Keisel used to and what round was he available in?
I don't really care about Bosa's heroics against his crappy competition. I wanted to see this guy dominate Michigan State the way Bama's front line did. If we surveyed Sparty's Offensive line - which 1st round defensive line prospects would they tell us are more overrated - Bosa or Bama's?
I remembered a promise of hybrid fronts in 2013 but I don't recall seeing a lot of varied fronts or maybe there was but there was just very little reason to remember the difference or impact of such.
how much of a difference has Des Bryant made since he got his dream contract to play the 5 technique here. Interestingly enough, some of his biggest plays have come when we've moved him around or up over Center on occasion. Best case scenario, we hope he plays as well as Brett Keisel used to and what round was he available in?
As not good as he's been(and over paid), he has been our best DL for a few years now.....sad to say.....and in fairness, he was undrafted, so the comparison to Keisel(7th) is a fair one....
-
Yeah....I cant agree with that either....."fair ceiling"???......more like "extremely unlikely" ceiling.....
Okay, the use of the word "fair" was perhaps the wrong way to say it. Honestly, I actually hate comparisons but all I'm trying to say is Bosa has potential to be a cornerstone defensive type of talent just like any top 5 defensive talent is. Is that really some huge leap or am I going crazy?
Okay, the use of the word "fair" was perhaps the wrong way to say it. Honestly, I actually hate comparisons but all I'm trying to say is Bosa has potential to be a cornerstone defensive type of talent just like any top 5 defensive talent is. Is that really some huge leap or am I going crazy?
yeah...he could be a great player....I dont doubt that. I have grown weary of the Watt comparisons, because to me, Watt is a generational player and I dont see Bosa being anything even close to that.....pro bowler?....sure.....Watt?....no way....
-
The premier edge rusher in 2016 may well be Spence.
Bosa certainly is a better 4-3 fit.
The Watt comparisons continue to amuse...
By all accounts, Spence is the best edge rusher in this draft. But character concerns aside, is he a "cornerstone" edge rusher like Von Miller? I haven't heard anyone say he's on the same level as Khalil Mack coming out college. To me, Mack will be the benchmark for edge rushers for the next couple of drafts.
I kind of went off on my own tangent there, but I just don't see any defensive players who will in the top 5 at their position in a few years other than Ramsey at safety. If you ask me, Tunsil is clearly the best prospect at any premium position.
By all accounts, Spence is the best edge rusher in this draft. But character concerns aside, is he a "cornerstone" edge rusher like Von Miller? I haven't heard anyone say he's on the same level as Khalil Mack coming out college. To me, Mack will be the benchmark for edge rushers for the next couple of drafts.
I kind of went off on my own tangent there, but I just don't see any defensive players who will in the top 5 at their position in a few years other than Ramsey at safety. If you ask me, Tunsil is clearly the best prospect at any premium position.
Point taken and agree that Tunsil is the clear "Best in Show" for 2016... (Yes, I watched Westminster with the wife....)
Is Spence the equal of either Mack or Miller? Not positive, but I like his odds of being mentionable in the same sentence with them.
When I caught sight of Spence going into Sr. Bowl week, he was a mid to late-2nd rounder. Mid to late 2nd rounders are not talked about a great deal. Now he's top half of the 1st and poised to crack the top ten, where I think he'll end up after the Combine.
-
By all accounts, Spence is the best edge rusher in this draft. But character concerns aside, is he a "cornerstone" edge rusher like Von Miller? I haven't heard anyone say he's on the same level as Khalil Mack coming out college. To me, Mack will be the benchmark for edge rushers for the next couple of drafts.
I kind of went off on my own tangent there, but I just don't see any defensive players who will in the top 5 at their position in a few years other than Ramsey at safety. If you ask me, Tunsil is clearly the best prospect at any premium position.
Point taken and agree that Tunsil is the clear "Best in Show" for 2016... (Yes, I watched Westminster with the wife....)
Is Spence the equal of either Mack or Miller? Not positive, but I like his odds of being mentionable in the same sentence with them.
When I caught sight of Spence going into Sr. Bowl week, he was a mid to late-2nd rounder. Mid to late 2nd rounders are not talked about a great deal. Now he's top half of the 1st and poised to crack the top ten, where I think he'll end up after the Combine.
Point taken and agree that Tunsil is the clear "Best in Show" for 2016... (Yes, I watched Westminster with the wife....)
HA!!!!
and i thought i was the only one. it's a tradition now. she buys the mezcal, she gives the dog a pinch or 2 of her medicinal ___ and we all get to bark at the tv while judges measure dog dicks and assholes and then little poofs run around with them in a circle. GREAT!!
god i hope our FO is as good as finding talent as those uppity upper east side snob cunts that decide to give best in show to a labradoodle over a siberian huskie.
-
how much of a difference has Des Bryant made since he got his dream contract to play the 5 technique here. Interestingly enough, some of his biggest plays have come when we've moved him around or up over Center on occasion. Best case scenario, we hope he plays as well as Brett Keisel used to and what round was he available in?
As not good as he's been(and over paid), he has been our best DL for a few years now.....sad to say.....and in fairness, he was undrafted, so the comparison to Keisel(7th) is a fair one....
As not good as he's been(and over paid), he has been our best DL for a few years now.....sad to say.....and in fairness, he was undrafted, so the comparison to Keisel(7th) is a fair one....
All true - thanks Mud! But, if Bosa came here hoping for a best case scenario of performing like Brett Keisel from a 5 tech after the learning curve - have we landed our dream at #2 overall? Ohio State homers say yes - I say no. And I love Ohio State. I'm just keeping it real from all the over-hype setting Bosa up to be the next Big Daddy Wilkinson. The length of Wilkinson's career said reliable football player. The draft slot thrusting him into unrealistic expectations said he was a bad draft choice at the priority/investment level made.
I fully understand we need front 7 and offensive help but the last time we won a playoff game in Cleveland in the 90s - we had 1 undrafted tackle named Tony (T-Bone) Jones who was easily our best lineman, a first round Center (Everitt), a converted defensive Linemen OG Bob Dahl), a 5th round tackle Gene Williams and a 33 year old Doug Dawson that the Cardinals drafted in round 2 about 11 years prior. Our teams from 86-90, didn't have any first round guys starting on the offensive line (unless we want to count TE Ozzie Newsome - who played WR at Alabama). Cody Risien was a 2 time Pro Bowl performer at OT and he was a 7th round draft pick. Paul Farren was a 12th round pick that started at 4 different positions. We also got Dan Fike from the USFL. Earlier in the 80s, the one former 1st round guy came over from the Buffalo Bills (Joe D). In 86, we had the #1 defense against the run without any first round draft picks starting on the d-line: Sam Clancy, Bob Golic (sub was David Puzzuoli), Reggie Camp. We had a couple 1st round backers from USC (Clay Matthews and Chip Banks) from round 1 while the USFL helped to load us up with ILB Mike Johnson and CB Frank Minnifield.
Why all that? Because when you have a good front office - you don't always have to lean so heavily on round 1 for Oline and Defensive Line. For example, there had to have been better offensive linemen than Erving after round 1 but we had a Jeff Foxworthy punchline in charge so we reached. We had 3 first round picks, 2 second round picks plus Greco coming off his best season heading into 2015; and we looked way too limited where we could run the football and who we could do that against perpetuating predictable passing situations. Pass pro wasn't bad considering IMO. I'm just excited our front office now has people on speaking terms, 2 former Harvard intellects (that also played DI football) plus a willingness to work w/ a HC that not only carried Dalton to playoffs in Cincy a few times but was in the process of tapping the best football I had ever seen from Dalton.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login