Camp Jack
-
This guy needs some love. You want the best athlete in the draft?....look no further. I think difference making MLBs arent valued nearly high enough. Carolinas run had a lot to do with Kuechly. SF had their success when Willis was wreaking havoc on their D. Dansby is nearing the end and Jack would be a great addition to any D. If his knee checks out, we have to take a long look at this guy.
-
Yeah....he's an outside backer.....though, I think he's the type of player you can move around, including inside & safety....
I see him primarily as a strong side replacement for Mingo, providing more coverage....allowing Orchard to move over and focus more on pass rush.....and those two would do much better than Mingo and Kruger in all phases, which includes defending the run game...
Then....oh, every once in a while, we could let Kruger or Mingo come in and be designated rushers in certain situations, which is what they should be....not every down players....
Tour....I think he actually could be 240.....look at his legs, each one has an extra 10# in it....

-
-
Camp tain Jack won't fully participate @ combine/Nfl.com. Due to knee at practice 9-22- not medically cleared- measurements, bench, interviews & medical only. No Vertical jump or any agility drills for scouts to measure speed or quick's. Same on ND Jaylon Smith..
-
Never have seen him listed as an MLB... always OLB.
I'm still curious as to what he will weigh at the combine. In the 2015 tape I've seen of him he could not have weighed more than 220.
Funny because Ive only seen him listed at MLB. This guy can do it all though. Hell Ive seen people say he could play SS at a pro bowl level.Never have seen him listed as an MLB... always OLB.
I'm still curious as to what he will weigh at the combine. In the 2015 tape I've seen of him he could not have weighed more than 220.
-
The guy is great in coverage, but he's average at best playing the run. Who takes a coverage ILB at #2?
The guy is great in coverage, but he's average at best playing the run. Who takes a coverage ILB at #2?
I gotta disagree....nothing average about his game and clearly not a 1 trick pony(ie coverage backer)....has the exact skill set you want to see in a 3 down OLB and one who can play the run...fast first step, excellent instincts, great pursuit speed, great angles, great tackler......he does it all.....and he's an OLB, not ILB.....
-
The guy is great in coverage, but he's average at best playing the run. Who takes a coverage ILB at #2?
I gotta disagree....nothing average about his game and clearly not a 1 trick pony(ie coverage backer)....has the exact skill set you want to see in a 3 down OLB and one who can play the run...fast first step, excellent instincts, great pursuit speed, great angles, great tackler......he does it all.....and he's an OLB, not ILB.....
I gotta disagree....nothing average about his game and clearly not a 1 trick pony(ie coverage backer)....has the exact skill set you want to see in a 3 down OLB and one who can play the run...fast first step, excellent instincts, great pursuit speed, great angles, great tackler......he does it all.....and he's an OLB, not ILB.....
He's not going to play OLB in a 3-4, which is what Horton will run. So he'd play ILB for the Browns...
-
The guy is great in coverage, but he's average at best playing the run. Who takes a coverage ILB at #2?
I gotta disagree....nothing average about his game and clearly not a 1 trick pony(ie coverage backer)....has the exact skill set you want to see in a 3 down OLB and one who can play the run...fast first step, excellent instincts, great pursuit speed, great angles, great tackler......he does it all.....and he's an OLB, not ILB.....
I gotta disagree....nothing average about his game and clearly not a 1 trick pony(ie coverage backer)....has the exact skill set you want to see in a 3 down OLB and one who can play the run...fast first step, excellent instincts, great pursuit speed, great angles, great tackler......he does it all.....and he's an OLB, not ILB.....
Just took a look a two of his 2015 tapes on Draft Breakdown. I see a guy who makes very little impact in the run game unless he's unblocked. Struggles massively to shed blockers, and we're talking about BYU and Virginia players here, not exactly the cream of the crop. I agree with you that his pursuit speed is great, but he looks like a liability to me on downhill runs.
Also played a few snaps rushing off the edge, made no impact whatsoever there.
-
Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
-
Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
Hes undersized for an OLB in a 3/4. Hes the perfect size for an ILB. This guy is the perfect bew breed LB. Hes bigger than Robertson.Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
-
Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
I think he can be very effective in a 4-3, he's got the ability to be an impact sideline-to-sideline defender and his coverage skills are as good as I've seen for a linebacker. I just don't see him making as big of an impact as a 3-4 ILB other than in passing situations. Struggles way too much to shed blockers to not be a liability on north-south runs.
-
Well, he's definitely not an edge rusher. No doubt about that, But he is effective against the run and led his team in TFL, all aginst the run. See's and shoots gaps well and, like I said, I see him as a 3 down backer, multi tool guy. Not a pass rush specialist. He's what we dont have, cause all our guys are "just" edge rushers, without any coverage or run skills or even the ability to tackle. I will say the consensus seems to be that he is better suited for a 4-3, so it's doubtful we'll be tapping him.....but, who ever does, I see him outside only. ASnd if hes undersized as an OLB, he's way undersized to play inside. Linemen will kill him.
I think he can be very effective in a 4-3, he's got the ability to be an impact sideline-to-sideline defender and his coverage skills are as good as I've seen for a linebacker. I just don't see him making as big of an impact as a 3-4 ILB other than in passing situations. Struggles way too much to shed blockers to not be a liability on north-south runs.
I think he can be very effective in a 4-3, he's got the ability to be an impact sideline-to-sideline defender and his coverage skills are as good as I've seen for a linebacker. I just don't see him making as big of an impact as a 3-4 ILB other than in passing situations. Struggles way too much to shed blockers to not be a liability on north-south runs.
Right agreed....but thats also why I dont see him in the middle...he'd get gobbled up and then squashed....
My NFL comparison would be Derrick Brooks or Rickey Jackson.....he's looks and plays EXACTLY like Brooks.....if he has that type of career, then the hoopla would be proven correct....I think he could get there.....
-
Yeah....he's an outside backer.....though, I think he's the type of player you can move around, including inside & safety....
I see him primarily as a strong side replacement for Mingo, providing more coverage....allowing Orchard to move over and focus more on pass rush.....and those two would do much better than Mingo and Kruger in all phases, which includes defending the run game...
Then....oh, every once in a while, we could let Kruger or Mingo come in and be designated rushers in certain situations, which is what they should be....not every down players....
Tour....I think he actually could be 240.....look at his legs, each one has an extra 10# in it....

Yeah....he's an outside backer.....though, I think he's the type of player you can move around, including inside & safety....
I see him primarily as a strong side replacement for Mingo, providing more coverage....allowing Orchard to move over and focus more on pass rush.....and those two would do much better than Mingo and Kruger in all phases, which includes defending the run game...
Then....oh, every once in a while, we could let Kruger or Mingo come in and be designated rushers in certain situations, which is what they should be....not every down players....
Tour....I think he actually could be 240.....look at his legs, each one has an extra 10# in it....

Chances of using Orchard and Jack (in this example) as starting OLBs, then bringing Kruger in on 3rd downs to play 3-4 DE? Not sure how he'd do rushing inside.
-
The guy's too small to be either inside or outside in our 3-4. I've been saying for like 2 years now that we should have been running a 4-3 and had mingo as an OLB'er in that scheme. But we can't use the #2 on a guy that might have similar issues that mingo has had.
-
I never want to see an edge player ever again on this team that can't hold up at the point. Even if he's a god pass rusher.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login