Skip to content

Combine Week 2016... Event and Broadcast Schedules

The Browns Board
85 15 2.6k
  • Here is a late round Ag to watch for in the combine, Punter Drew Kaser. "However, here’s a statistic that no team will look past: Kaser broke Shane Lechler's school record with a 47.4-yard average in 2013 and then topped it again in 2015 (47.47). In 2000, Lechler was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round and has been named All-Pro nine times."

  • All eyes will be on the punter, I'm sure...

  • T, We realize there only drills but what drills do OL coaches truly factor high to low? thanks.

  • T, We realize there only drills but what drills do OL coaches truly factor high to low? thanks.

    @gumby73 said:

    T, We realize there only drills but what drills do OL coaches truly factor high to low? thanks.

    Can't say for sure, but those that relate to explosion have to top the list... those would include:

    • the 10-yd split in the 40,
    • the vertical jump, and
    • the standing broad jump.

    I love the 3-cone for an agility check, but could see the 20-yd shuttle being preferred since it is less technique driven. But as much as either of these the pro scouts love seeing the drills the OL prospects are put through.

    The one measure I have no idea how high it's valued is the bench press reps. Seeing the snap in the first few may well be bigger than the total number. Where either ranks... dunno... So long as a player posts in an expected range, I don't think total matters.

  • OL today. we may need some. On Saturday WR's 40 Treadwell will not run. Now add Cory Coleman WR Baylor (medical recovery) will run at Pro Day in April per his radio interview Thursday NFL radio..

  • Running Backs 40s coming up...

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for posting this Tour! Can't wait! I gotta tell my wife this is a lot like the Westminster Dog Show you had us watching last week but with better haircuts. Something tells me I'm going to get reminded why man caves exist...

    Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    Every day is Saturday for me Flugs. πŸ˜›

  • @canton-mike said:

    Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    @flugel said:

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    Damn I love a Mailman with a sub. RCA (knucklehead) here all weekend. Where's my check? Not today people..

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    Every day is Saturday for me Flugs. πŸ˜›

    @texasag1969 said:

    Every day is Saturday for me Flugs. πŸ˜›

    LOL! Like your style my man!

  • OL today. we may need some. On Saturday WR's 40 Treadwell will not run. Now add Cory Coleman WR Baylor (medical recovery) will run at Pro Day in April per his radio interview Thursday NFL radio..

    @gumby73 said:

    OL today. we may need some. On Saturday WR's 40 Treadwell will not run. Now add Cory Coleman WR Baylor (medical recovery) will run at Pro Day in April per his radio interview Thursday NFL radio..

    While the linemen are running the 40s, Mayock said he's a big fan of the former heavy weight wrestlers on the oline from an insight about what the balance and leverage projects. Makes sense.

  • I have to say, the only thing more pointless than seeing OL run 40 yards is seeing kickers do it.

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    Damn I love a Mailman with a sub. RCA (knucklehead) here all weekend. Where's my check? Not today people..

    @gumby73 said:

    Damn I love a Mailman with a sub. RCA (knucklehead) here all weekend. Where's my check? Not today people..

    Classic stuff!

  • PK that jump early LOL

  • PK that jump early LOL

    @gumby73 said:

    PK that jump early LOL

    Those guys can just walk it, nobody cares. But still, you like to see them being committed, I guess.

  • 40's 1.Conklin 2.Brendel 3.Glasco 4.Haeg 5.Dahl my leaders in the clubhouse. Dreams do come true in K'ers Balt. tags Justin Tucker. Joshua Garnett is a huge man at 5.30/1.83 10 split

  • 40's 2nd OL group. 1.Joe Thuney 2.Jason Spriggs 3.Ryan Kelly 4.Cody Whitehair 5.Connor McGovern (dude even looks like Schwartz)

  • I think Elliot and Henry have solidified 1 & 2 though Henry showed the better hands. Henry may have just moved into the 1st round. Seattle needs a bell cow now for a run oriented O.

    Edit: Just a little tidbit of information on Henry. "Henry's 37-inch vertical is 1.5 inches shy of former Crimson Tide receiver and Atlanta Falcons star Julio Jones (220 pounds) and one inch away from New York Giants' receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (198)."

  • Welcome Back Keith Marshall Sleeper RB(4.31) tore ACL 2013 at Georgia. Played in Raleigh, NC @Millbrook. Keith Marshall & Todd Gurley hold a ton of N.C. track records. Yes, Keith's hands are 9 3/8" so he can catch & fly πŸ˜› OL Jason Spriggs, Conklin, Brendel, Thuney & Dahl solid days..

  • I think Elliot and Henry have solidified 1 & 2 though Henry showed the better hands. Henry may have just moved into the 1st round. Seattle needs a bell cow now for a run oriented O.

    Edit: Just a little tidbit of information on Henry. "Henry's 37-inch vertical is 1.5 inches shy of former Crimson Tide receiver and Atlanta Falcons star Julio Jones (220 pounds) and one inch away from New York Giants' receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (198)."

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think Elliot and Henry have solidified 1 & 2 though Henry showed the better hands. Henry may have just moved into the 1st round. Seattle needs a bell cow now for a run oriented O.

    Edit: Just a little tidbit of information on Henry. "Henry's 37-inch vertical is 1.5 inches shy of former Crimson Tide receiver and Atlanta Falcons star Julio Jones (220 pounds) and one inch away from New York Giants' receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (198)."

    Good points! Henry looks like he could be a more powerful version of Eric Dickerson. I didn't realize he had such a big upper body until today. I thought he'd be ripped just not as thick.