Skip to content

Combine Week 2016... Event and Broadcast Schedules

The Browns Board
85 15 2.6k
  • What the hell does a KC coach know about WR'S? Stop the drills!!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yeah that bench by Cody was a shocker... and Spriggs did shine. Was surprised at the latter's 31 reps on the bench.

    Have yet to watch the second OL group, but have seen the results. Stanley, the supposed #2 prospect that I did not "get" on tape, showed to be stiff in both the 3-cone and shuttle where Conklin, another one I did not "see" on tape, tested fine.

    Agree on Haeg, but also liked Cole Toner's (the Harvard kid) workout. Confirmed what I saw on tape, but the competition level was too low to really gauge him.

    Anyway... nice first day, but today is THE day....

    It really is THE day. Props to you - you've been an animal with all the pre-draft goodies especially the offensive line. Thanks man! Terrific job - I'm glad you're willing to swim against the current of popular opinion.

    When I catchup on film I'll try to dig your stuff back up and share some perception.

    @flugel said:

    It really is THE day. Props to you - you've been an animal with all the pre-draft goodies especially the offensive line. Thanks man! Terrific job - I'm glad you're willing to swim against the current of popular opinion.

    When I catchup on film I'll try to dig your stuff back up and share some perception.

    Ah sees what ah sees... right, wrong or in between. Look forward to your takes...

    On the QB drills... really cheesed that when they ran out of WRs on a given route that they reset the QB rotation back to #1 rather than just keep the QBs rolling. Saw a lot less of Goff as they did it...

  • @canton-mike said:

    Tom, there's always a seat in "The Cave" waiting if she boots ya! LOL

    Mike

    Thanks Mike!

    How many other knuckleheads beside me took work off today to watch grown men work out? I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    @flugel said:

    I love exercise - I could watch it all day.

    I literally LOL'd reading this...good stuff!

  • Really strong work in the truck during that 2nd QB group running the 40...

    Open mics...

    Random cuts to stands, coaches, talking heads...

  • So which of those two are we gonna take or will we trade down a bit and take whichever one comes 2nd? I liked what I saw in Wentz better than I thought I would.

  • Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

  • LOL! Von Miler says he should have won the Heisman.................................................as a RB and this proves it. 😛

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BCRXv8Lm0BB/

  • Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

    @gumby73 said:

    Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

    Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

    So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... 😉

  • @gumby73 said:

    Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

    Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

    So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    plus there's the Tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... 😉

    I think we have our new nickname winner. 😆

  • Cleat class & Hammy History should be a Ohio Major 😛

  • Interesting day today with the DL...

    • Sheldon Day regained my attention.
    • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
    • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
    • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

    Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

  • @gumby73 said:

    Before today, if Goff was not a reach @2 than Wentz proved today,neither is he. Hue will get HIS guy. Now we got a competition of who wants to go at #2. It's a good day to be a Brown. Woof Woof!! Am moving on to pick 32 (now there's a Dawg fight)

    Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

    So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Prove is a bit strong, but I get what you are saying. Neither looks to be a "bad" choice at #2, but without a doubt one will prove to have been the better choice.

    So those of us that want to argue about our most important pick, still have that... plus there's the tiny Bosa bandwagon... always fun with them... 😉

    After watching the workouts at the combine, (and the chalk talk with Mooch) I'm now officially in the "I'm sitting on the QB fence Camp." Wentz is growing on me fast, and Goff proved he has plenty of arm if given enough time. Pick us a good one Hue.

    I think it's time to fold up Camp Lynch- if there ever was one. I saw some mighty erratic throws Saturday.

  • Interesting day today with the DL...

    • Sheldon Day regained my attention.
    • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
    • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
    • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

    Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

    @tour2ma said:

    Interesting day today with the DL...

    • Sheldon Day regained my attention.
    • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
    • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
    • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

    Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

    If Day can't find a way to glue his helmet to his hair, he'll be out every other play. Just when Ogbah & Shaq Lawson was falling some they played not so fast my friends. Rankins reinforced top 15 & solid. Brns. reported talking w/Correa, your thoughts? Side note-- LB Akron Jatavis Brown matches 40 of D. Lee @4.47 @ Houston Regional 2" smaller & 10lbs lighter. mean anything?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Interesting day today with the DL...

    • Sheldon Day regained my attention.
    • Ogbah posted some insane numbers.
    • Rankings reinforced everything I thought he might be.
    • Buckner may have threatened Bosa's spot as the first DL off the board, especially if a 3-4 team has the pick.

    Time to find out who Charles Tapper is....

    If Day can't find a way to glue his helmet to his hair, he'll be out every other play. Just when Ogbah & Shaq Lawson was falling some they played not so fast my friends. Rankins reinforced top 15 & solid. Brns. reported talking w/Correa, your thoughts? Side note-- LB Akron Jatavis Brown matches 40 of D. Lee @4.47 @ Houston Regional 2" smaller & 10lbs lighter. mean anything?

    @gumby73 said:

    Brns. reported talking w/Correa, your thoughts?

    Correa will be around in, if not thru, Round 3 so you have to consider him. But he is not explosive. He's just more of the same, LB mediocrity we're used to seeing.

  • DBs are flying this morning...

    • UH's Jackson popped two, unofficial 4.3's...
    • Auburn's J. Jones put up a 2nd run 4.33 to back up a first run 4.28...
  • 14 CB & S's all run 40 at & under 4.47. Only 7 WR's did the same. Maybe Gilbert can catch a pass at WR?

  • Jackson III made himself some money today. Not just due to his 40 times, but how smooth he was in the drills.

    If he survives to #32, I'd be very tempted, but more likely he'll be gone and help push a DL to us.

  • Jackson III made himself some money today. Not just due to his 40 times, but how smooth he was in the drills.

    If he survives to #32, I'd be very tempted, but more likely he'll be gone and help push a DL to us.

    @tour2ma said:

    Jackson III made himself some money today. Not just due to his 40 times, but how smooth he was in the drills.

    If he survives to #32, I'd be very tempted, but more likely he'll be gone and help push a DL to us.

    Not so fast my friend. Well he was fast but not so great on the broad jump and where are the rest of his numbers? Without data on anything other than those two events, I'd be very hesitant to take him as our 2nd rounder.

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2016/2/29/11133248/2016-nfl-combine-results-defensive-backs-safeties-cornerbacksb

    Auburn's Johnathan Jones will rise further, though he started much further down as well. So Jackson may go before him, but he'd be one to look at around rounds 3-4. Round 5 if we are really lucky. His stats really jumped out to me.

  • Looks like there'll be a premium on WRs in this draft. Treadwell somewhere in top 10-15 picks I guess, then a group of Docston, Coleman, Thomas going later first early second, then not much.

    DB and DL much deeper. Might make sense (analytically...) to go QB first, then WR, and maybe try to move around a bit and pick up a DL and DB in the third?

  • Looks like there'll be a premium on WRs in this draft. Treadwell somewhere in top 10-15 picks I guess, then a group of Docston, Coleman, Thomas going later first early second, then not much.

    DB and DL much deeper. Might make sense (analytically...) to go QB first, then WR, and maybe try to move around a bit and pick up a DL and DB in the third?

    @gftchris said:

    Looks like there'll be a premium on WRs in this draft. Treadwell somewhere in top 10-15 picks I guess, then a group of Docston, Coleman, Thomas going later first early second, then not much.

    DB and DL much deeper. Might make sense (analytically...) to go QB first, then WR, and maybe try to move around a bit and pick up a DL and DB in the third?

    Pending OL? but really pending how they value a small group of pass rushers left over. (Scooby, Lawson or Calhoun)