Skip to content

Benjamin to sign.....Mack out then in ?

The Browns Board
184 30 5.7k
  • Tour is much better suited to give you technical particulars.....I can tell you he was a 2nd round pick by the Raiders, when HUE was their coach.....his dad and uncle were both NFL players, so he has good genes.....was an academic all american 3 years in school, so he's smart.....has been a starter every year in the league....1 as a guard and 4 as a center.....and, though not as good as Mack, is a strong run blocker and more than "good enough" to step right in and get er done....(and for a lot less than 10m)(and probably wants to be here more than Mack)(just a hunch)

  • @calfoxwc said:

    well, they have to have a plan "B"....

    no big deal.

    I believe Erving was plan "B".

    We're now on plan "C" or possibly beyond that.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I believe Erving was plan "B".

    "B is for back-up, that's good enough for me.

    B is for back-up, that's good enough for me."

    Sesame Street flash back...

    @mudfly said:

    Tour is much better suited to give you technical particulars.....I can tell you he was a 2nd round pick by the Raiders, when HUE was their coach.....his dad and uncle were both NFL players, so he has good genes.....was an academic all american 3 years in school, so he's smart.....has been a starter every year in the league....1 as a guard and 4 as a center.....and, though not as good as Mack, is a strong run blocker and more than "good enough" to step right in and get er done....(and for a lot less than 10m)(and probably wants to be here more than Mack)(just a hunch)

    Agree...

    Stephen is not early-2014 Mack grade and ZBS would not be his forte, but in a Power game compared to 2015 Mack, then the loss is minimized. PassPro should be adequate as well. Line calls??? Dunno, but flanked by 3rd year Bito and Greco, I would not expect them to be an issue.

    Now need to retain Mitchell, and then we can add Dahl (or some late Day 2/Day new blood) and sleep well.

  • If Mack can't be re-signed, I like the Wisniewski option.

    Tough mauler. Penn Stater like his dad Leo and Uncle Steve.

    He's smart, 26, rarely if ever misses a start. Plug him in.

    Zombo

  • If Mack can't be re-signed, I like the Wisniewski option.

    Tough mauler. Penn Stater like his dad Leo and Uncle Steve.

    He's smart, 26, rarely if ever misses a start. Plug him in.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If Mack can't be re-signed, I like the Wisniewski option.

    Tough mauler. Penn Stater like his dad Leo and Uncle Steve.

    He's smart, 26, rarely if ever misses a start. Plug him in.

    Zombo

    I was going to say "how long has this guy been around"...? Then I see that I am probably confusing him with his uncle.

  • Mack in Atlanta ......finishing touches to his deal there .......

    And our front office sits and watches Benjamin and Mack leave....Gipson and Mitch next and watch as Marvin Jones goes elsewhere ......

    Analytics fucking rule

  • Shocking. It isnt like they told us this was a rebuild or anything. ..

  • ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

  • Im hearing over $8m for Jones and over $6m for Benji......dats a lotta dough for tier 2 receivers.....

  • Mack in Atlanta ......finishing touches to his deal there .......

    And our front office sits and watches Benjamin and Mack leave....Gipson and Mitch next and watch as Marvin Jones goes elsewhere ......

    Analytics fucking rule

    @darren15 said:

    Mack in Atlanta ......finishing touches to his deal there .......

    And our front office sits and watches Benjamin and Mack leave....Gipson and Mitch next and watch as Marvin Jones goes elsewhere ......

    Analytics fucking rule

    Analytics says don't just throw endless money at players who aren't good enough to warrant it.

  • ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

    It will be a dummy parade around 4 this evening.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

    It will be a dummy parade around 4 this evening.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    It will be a dummy parade around 4 this evening.

    Finally found a use for JFF?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    It will be a dummy parade around 4 this evening.

    Finally found a use for JFF?

    @tour2ma said:

    Finally found a use for JFF?

    The Pied Piper of widow lickers.

  • ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and the lynch mob slowly gathered in the town's square...

    Can we get him to come out of retirement? We could do worse. 😛

  • Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 27m27 minutes ago
    Aditi Kinkhabwala@AKinkhabwala
    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.

    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.17 retweets

    More
    O

    Onwards and upwards to the draft

  • Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 27m27 minutes ago
    Aditi Kinkhabwala@AKinkhabwala
    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.

    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.17 retweets

    More
    O

    Onwards and upwards to the draft

    @darren15 said:

    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.17 retweets

    More
    O

    Onwards and upwards to the draft

    Well, when you are as loaded as we are ...

    Zombo

  • Aditi Kinkhabwala ‏@AKinkhabwala 27m27 minutes ago
    Aditi Kinkhabwala@AKinkhabwala
    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.

    Every agent I've spoken to says same exact thing about Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.17 retweets

    More
    O

    Onwards and upwards to the draft

    @darren15 said:

    Browns exec VP Sashi Brown: He's not looking to make a splash in free agency.
    More
    O

    So far, so good....

  • @darren15 said:

    Mack in Atlanta ......finishing touches to his deal there .......

    And our front office sits and watches Benjamin and Mack leave....Gipson and Mitch next and watch as Marvin Jones goes elsewhere ......

    Analytics fucking rule

    Analytics says don't just throw endless money at players who aren't good enough to warrant it.

    @gftchris said:

    Analytics says don't just throw endless money at players who aren't good enough to warrant it.

    That's kind of the idea behind free agency isn't it?

    WSS

  • Michael Silver just reported Falcons hiope to have Mack deal done before 4pm

  • @gftchris said:

    Analytics says don't just throw endless money at players who aren't good enough to warrant it.

    That's kind of the idea behind free agency isn't it?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    That's kind of the idea behind free agency isn't it?

    WSS

    Throwing or not throwing? If the point is to just throw money at anyone and hope for the best, it's probably good we're staying out of it. A few players I would have been happy with us signing, but mostly I just want to retain Schwartz, Gipson and maybe Mack.

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's kind of the idea behind free agency isn't it?

    WSS

    Throwing or not throwing? If the point is to just throw money at anyone and hope for the best, it's probably good we're staying out of it. A few players I would have been happy with us signing, but mostly I just want to retain Schwartz, Gipson and maybe Mack.

    @gftchris said:

    Throwing or not throwing? If the point is to just throw money at anyone and hope for the best, it's probably good we're staying out of it. A few players I would have been happy with us signing, but mostly I just want to retain Schwartz, Gipson and maybe Mack.

    Well I know you disagree about Gipson's performance last season, but Mack and Schwartz weren't great and will probably want great player money. That's all.

    If your choice is paying $10 for 6 one dollar bills or 7 one dollar bills, take the seven.

    WSS