What about JP Losman?
-
I don't see why the Chiefs would part with Thigpen. He's signed for two more years, after which he'll be a restricted free agent (I think).
And Todd Haley's offense, which uses a lot of shotgun & multiple receiver sets, is actually a very good fit for Thigpen's skillset. He's a perfect fit for being Matt Cassel's backup.
Aloysius said:
...a very good fit for Thigpen's skillset. He's a perfect fit for being Matt Cassel's backup.I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday, and we both wondered why, as good as Thigpen was at the end of the season, and how great of a fit he is in KC, why the Chiefs needed Cassel at all? They (Cassel and Thigpen) look very very similar to me.
-
Losman adds very little. His strength is the long ball (not really a west coast offense staple) and lacks the intelligence to make the right reads and throws. I assume you would want him as a backup, where all he would be good for is holding a clipboard on the sideline and a chip on his shoulder that he wasn't on the field. I wouldn't want Losman near this team. He's not going to mentor anybody here or help them become a better qb.
-
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now
Im AT UA (akron) and having a party at my house, if any of you wanna stop by come on over!!!!!!!!!
DA sucks
Quinn rules
and losman could be our DA replacement as our backup!
I LOVE EVERYTHING! Its my girlfriends bday!
The browns are the xxxxing shit !!!
Thank me for drunkness
-
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now
Im AT UA (akron) and having a party at my house, if any of you wanna stop by come on over!!!!!!!!!
DA sucks
Quinn rules
and losman could be our DA replacement as our backup!
I LOVE EVERYTHING! Its my girlfriends bday!
The browns are the xxxxing shit !!!
Thank me for drunkness
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now
Im AT UA (akron) and having a party at my house, if any of you wanna stop by come on over!!!!!!!!!
DA sucks
Quinn rules
and losman could be our DA replacement as our backup!
I LOVE EVERYTHING! Its my girlfriends bday!
The browns are the xxxxing shit !!!
Thank me for drunkness
Cheers.

-
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now
Im AT UA (akron) and having a party at my house, if any of you wanna stop by come on over!!!!!!!!!
DA sucks
Quinn rules
and losman could be our DA replacement as our backup!
I LOVE EVERYTHING! Its my girlfriends bday!
The browns are the xxxxing shit !!!
Thank me for drunkness
Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk right now
Im AT UA (akron) and having a party at my house, if any of you wanna stop by come on over!!!!!!!!!
DA sucks
Quinn rules
and losman could be our DA replacement as our backup!
I LOVE EVERYTHING! Its my girlfriends bday!
The browns are the xxxxing shit !!!
Thank me for drunkness
Thatta boy!
- Tom F.
-
I guess the only way I see it happening is if DA is traded on draft day. I've always admired JP's toughness, athletic ability, and strong arm (relatively accurate above 60%). I think with the right situation he's got a chance.
Another guy I'm high on is Tyler Thigpen. He fought hard under terrible circumstances. Not the most accurate however.
So if Braylon is traded to NYG (especially after Plax being cut) we should receive a 1st and 3rd from NYG. Hell, the Cowboys gave a 1,3, 5 for Roy and I much rather have Braylon. That certainly makes the Browns pick Crabtree at #5. I think Matthews Jr is there at the NYG #1. Then with the Winslow #2 pick you could look at Robsikie, Heyward Bey, ect. After that it's most likely a defense minded approach.
Just throwing this thought out there.
Mike
I guess the only way I see it happening is if DA is traded on draft day. I've always admired JP's toughness, athletic ability, and strong arm (relatively accurate above 60%). I think with the right situation he's got a chance.
Another guy I'm high on is Tyler Thigpen. He fought hard under terrible circumstances. Not the most accurate however.
So if Braylon is traded to NYG (especially after Plax being cut) we should receive a 1st and 3rd from NYG. Hell, the Cowboys gave a 1,3, 5 for Roy and I much rather have Braylon. That certainly makes the Browns pick Crabtree at #5. I think Matthews Jr is there at the NYG #1. Then with the Winslow #2 pick you could look at Robsikie, Heyward Bey, ect. After that it's most likely a defense minded approach.
Just throwing this thought out there.
Mike
JP's Lostman is a better backup than Dorsey whom our last brain trust never realized couldn't get the ball past the line of scrimmage on a windy day. We're not looking for a starter just the backup and he'd work. If we have another labotomy performed on our brain trust and KEEP Dumb Ass then JP's Lostman upgrades the starter. I'm one puke away from saying I miss Todd Philcox.
- Tom F.
-
@inspecta said:
It would be hard to pass on a 1st and 3rd for Braylon, however do we really want to rookie WR to be starting on opening day for us?Stallworth is finished, even if he can play till the case is resolved, how much focus do you think he'll put into the game of football? We no longer have a super pass catching TE in winslow, so the WR is all the more important.
If we do go that route then we're obviously building our team for 10' and 09 will definitely be a growing pains season.
We need to get on the phone with Tory Holt's agent. I would feel very good about him and Crabtree lining up there.
Only problem is signing a FA is a two way street. they have to want to sign with you too. Holt and his agent have said they are looking for a SB condender to play for. They are in serious talks with the Titans. Holt doesn't want to play for a rebuilding team.
-
I'd much rather have JP than a guy like Dorsey. That was a waste of a roster spot...doubt he seriously brought much "leadership" to the table as a third stringer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login