Skip to content

Super Tuesday!

Political Discussion
106 10 2.3k
  • It's tuesday here. Place your bets now - Clinton or Sanders? Trump or Drumpf? Results will probably be coming in after you guys have gone to bed tonight, and shortly before I wake up tomorrow, so I'll post any new results in here.

  • Solid contribution there DieHard.

  • You're welcome.

  • Trump will win every single state.

    Sanders will win Vermont and that's probably it.

    Sanders supporters are loud on college campuses and on the internet, but they don't show up on voting day.

    Trump has basically shattered the turnout numbers everywhere. Even absentee voting in ST states is way up.

    I think Cruz and Carson will drop out, Kasich and Rubio will stay through to Ohio and Florida.

  • Trump will win every single state.

    Sanders will win Vermont and that's probably it.

    Sanders supporters are loud on college campuses and on the internet, but they don't show up on voting day.

    Trump has basically shattered the turnout numbers everywhere. Even absentee voting in ST states is way up.

    I think Cruz and Carson will drop out, Kasich and Rubio will stay through to Ohio and Florida.

    @bbedward said:

    Trump will win every single state.

    Sanders will win Vermont and that's probably it.

    Sanders supporters are loud on college campuses and on the internet, but they don't show up on voting day.

    Trump has basically shattered the turnout numbers everywhere. Even absentee voting in ST states is way up.

    I think Cruz and Carson will drop out, Kasich and Rubio will stay through to Ohio and Florida.

    That's probably true. I will vote for Kasich but I don't expect him to carry Ohio. Some of the polls say Ted Cruz could win Texas by a cuntil hair.

    Then I think it's time for the Republicans to rally around Trump and get an advisory staff in place. They could try to buck his selection but I think that would be disastrous. He's kind of an ass hole but Hillary is no golden girl.

    WSS

  • PS I think the fix is in for Hillary and that would probably piss off the kids who love Sanders, even though BB is correct and it will hurt him that the kids stay home. They will probably be alienated for the next election or two.

    WSS

  • If the rep field doesn't shrink, very, very quickly, Trump will sweep. For the establishment to have a chance, they need to pick someone to rally behind.

    Also, Steve, you might be right about Hillary/Bernie.

  • If the rep field doesn't shrink, very, very quickly, Trump will sweep. For the establishment to have a chance, they need to pick someone to rally behind.

    Also, Steve, you might be right about Hillary/Bernie.

    @gftchris said:

    If the rep field doesn't shrink, very, very quickly, Trump will sweep. For the establishment to have a chance, they need to pick someone to rally behind.

    Also, Steve, you might be right about Hillary/Bernie.

    Not happening - Trump takes away supporters from the establishment candidates too. Even Bush voters went to him. I think a larger part of Cruz supporters will go his way.

    Their only chance is a brokered convention - which would probably require him to lose Florida and Ohio among other places. If the GOP does that they'd lose the general and turn off many voters, but the elites prefer Hillary to Trump anyway.

  • Cruz wins Texas. Cruz stays in. Carson should probably drop out (because he has no chance of winning) but he won't and I heard him say he has had a lot of people ask him not to quit so they don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I can agree with that.

    My advice to Trump is forget making personal attacks on the other GOP candidates. Tone down the rhetoric and just cruise into winning the nomination. Hillary Clinton is already looking past Sanders and going after Trump and Trump should start focusing his attacks on Clinton. Trump needs to start keeping an eye on bringing republicans on board with him if he wins the nomination which the odds are he will.

  • Solid contribution there DieHard.

    @gftchris said:

    Solid contribution there DieHard.

    I mean, it made me laugh.

  • 8 talks to restore your faith in politics (apparently)

    http://www.ted.com/playlists/197/talks_to_restore_your_faith_in

    I'll watch them at some point, think I've already seen some. Might be interesting?

  • Cruz wins Texas. Cruz stays in. Carson should probably drop out (because he has no chance of winning) but he won't and I heard him say he has had a lot of people ask him not to quit so they don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I can agree with that.

    My advice to Trump is forget making personal attacks on the other GOP candidates. Tone down the rhetoric and just cruise into winning the nomination. Hillary Clinton is already looking past Sanders and going after Trump and Trump should start focusing his attacks on Clinton. Trump needs to start keeping an eye on bringing republicans on board with him if he wins the nomination which the odds are he will.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Cruz wins Texas. Cruz stays in.

    I'll match your $20 St Jude donation after he loses Texas.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    Cruz wins Texas. Cruz stays in.

    I'll match your $20 St Jude donation after he loses Texas.

    @bbedward said:

    I'll match your $20 St Jude donation after he loses Texas.

    And St. Judes will be the winner. I have a lot of respect for the work that St. Judes hospital does.

    You have been spot on thus far with your predictions about Trump. You may also be right Trump can win the general election with new voters and cross over democratic voters? I don't see Trump getting the Hispanic vote so he will need to make that up.

    If Cruz loses Texas he should drop out. You have to at least carry your home state. Same with Rubio. Who knows maybe Kasich will win Ohio and finally catch fire?

    If somehow the establishment is able to keep Trump from the nomination in a brokered convention or the establishment does not support Trump and runs a third party candidate that could be the end of the republican party as we know it. It also would be hypocritical because of all the pressure the establishment put on Trump to sign a pledge to support the eventual winner. They all signed it and they all should honor it.

  • @bbedward said:

    I'll match your $20 St Jude donation after he loses Texas.

    And St. Judes will be the winner. I have a lot of respect for the work that St. Judes hospital does.

    You have been spot on thus far with your predictions about Trump. You may also be right Trump can win the general election with new voters and cross over democratic voters? I don't see Trump getting the Hispanic vote so he will need to make that up.

    If Cruz loses Texas he should drop out. You have to at least carry your home state. Same with Rubio. Who knows maybe Kasich will win Ohio and finally catch fire?

    If somehow the establishment is able to keep Trump from the nomination in a brokered convention or the establishment does not support Trump and runs a third party candidate that could be the end of the republican party as we know it. It also would be hypocritical because of all the pressure the establishment put on Trump to sign a pledge to support the eventual winner. They all signed it and they all should honor it.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    And St. Judes will be the winner. I have a lot of respect for the work that St. Judes hospital does.

    You have been spot on thus far with your predictions about Trump. You may also be right Trump can win the general election with new voters and cross over democratic voters? I don't see Trump getting the Hispanic vote so he will need to make that up.

    If Cruz loses Texas he should drop out. You have to at least carry your home state. Same with Rubio. Who knows maybe Kasich will win Ohio and finally catch fire?

    If somehow the establishment is able to keep Trump from the nomination in a brokered convention or the establishment does not support Trump and runs a third party candidate that could be the end of the republican party as we know it. It also would be hypocritical because of all the pressure the establishment put on Trump to sign a pledge to support the eventual winner. They all signed it and they all should honor it.

    Republicans never win hispanics or blacks or really any minority group for that matter in a general. I think Trump will get more than Romney did though, he's certainly gotten more in the primary season than any republican has since Reagan probably.

    If the establishment runs a third party candidate or gives the nomination to a shill like Romney in a brokered convention - something insane would happen because the people would revolt. The elites just have their heads pretty far up their ass - they can't understand why the people have stopped believing that they have their best interests at heart.

  • They were talking this morning that Trump actually will be better off Cruz winning Texas, as it will cause him to remain in race. Also, they predict that Rubio will QUIT the campaign before Florida. They said for an incumbent Senator to lose his home state would be disastrous for his future political career.

  • They were talking this morning that Trump actually will be better off Cruz winning Texas, as it will cause him to remain in race. Also, they predict that Rubio will QUIT the campaign before Florida. They said for an incumbent Senator to lose his home state would be disastrous for his future political career.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They were talking this morning that Trump actually will be better off Cruz winning Texas, as it will cause him to remain in race. Also, they predict that Rubio will QUIT the campaign before Florida. They said for an incumbent Senator to lose his home state would be disastrous for his future political career.

    It doesn't really make a difference narrow win/narrow loss in Texas since it's proportional and not winner-take-all. Though I think Cruz dropping out benefits Trump more than anybody else and Rubio has the Bush money behind him now so he probably won't drop out.

    Though none of it really matters, Trump has already won.

    The GOPs last breath is fighting for Romney as a result of a brokered convention - which is entirely Retarded and isn't going to happen, but they're desperate.

  • I think what he means is if Ted Cruz gets his ass handed to him in Texas he bails and then the entire no trump vote goes to Rubio.

    WSS

  • I think what he means is if Ted Cruz gets his ass handed to him in Texas he bails and then the entire no trump vote goes to Rubio.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I think what he means is if Ted Cruz gets his ass handed to him in Texas he bails and then the entire no trump vote goes to Rubio.

    WSS

    I know they think that, but they're wrong. Most Cruz supporters have Trump as their #2. Carson also, though he's very forgettable nowadays.

    Even Jeb! supporters switched to Trump - not something the talking heads anticipated.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    They were talking this morning that Trump actually will be better off Cruz winning Texas, as it will cause him to remain in race. Also, they predict that Rubio will QUIT the campaign before Florida. They said for an incumbent Senator to lose his home state would be disastrous for his future political career.

    It doesn't really make a difference narrow win/narrow loss in Texas since it's proportional and not winner-take-all. Though I think Cruz dropping out benefits Trump more than anybody else and Rubio has the Bush money behind him now so he probably won't drop out.

    Though none of it really matters, Trump has already won.

    The GOPs last breath is fighting for Romney as a result of a brokered convention - which is entirely Retarded and isn't going to happen, but they're desperate.

    @bbedward said:

    It doesn't really make a difference narrow win/narrow loss in Texas since it's proportional and not winner-take-all. Though I think Cruz dropping out benefits Trump more than anybody else and Rubio has the Bush money behind him now so he probably won't drop out.

    Though none of it really matters, Trump has already won.

    The GOPs last breath is fighting for Romney as a result of a brokered convention - which is entirely Retard and isn't going to happen, but they're desperate.

    Well all the 'experts' on Morning Joe disagree with you on Rubio. He is way behind in the polls in Florida and if he doesn't win anything today they think he will quit within 2 days.