AFC Draft Needs
-
Quarterback, corner, wide receiverJosh McCown showed an ability to move the offense last season, but he can't stay healthy and isn't the future under Hue Jackson. The Browns are fully expected to target a quarterback with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft. After whiffing on Justin Gilbert in the first round of the 2014 draft, cornerback is also a big need. Whether or not Josh Gordon is reinstated from suspension, Jackson likely will recruit Marvin Jones and/or Mohamed Sanu from Cincinnati.My question is: with Dez Bryant and John Hughes starting at DE and Xavier Cooper our only viable backup (unless they play Barky there....if they keep him) isn't DE a big need as well?And what about MLB......we have Robertson, Dansby, Kirksey.And if Gipson goes, there could be a big hole at FS, no?
-
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Baltimore Ravens: offensive line, cornerback, wide receiver
CB and DL would seem biggest to me. How many times can Suggs be repaired?
Cincinnati Bengals: defensive back, linebacker, wide receiver
Safety and WR.... yes, but rest is depth need. Still the most complete team in the division.
Pittsburgh Steelers: defensive back, tight end, offensive line
More like Db, dB, and DB... OL did come on last year and 2 FAs are clearly not enough reason to list the group (see Browns)...
-
I'm thinking all around we definitely need a QB even if we look at free agency. WR is just a big question on the best way to fill it. MLB is one I am worried about but could be filled draft or free agency. DB is another worry with not much in free agency from what I have heard. DL and OL we could use a boost especially if Mack does not come back but could be helped through draft or free agency. Remember that we have some unknowns from last years draft that should show up this year for DB so we might not be as needy there as it appears. Honestly, we really just need a QB if the staff feels that there is one in this draft worth trying and then just take BPA to try and improve our roster.
-
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Baltimore Ravens: offensive line, cornerback, wide receiver
CB and DL would seem biggest to me. How many times can Suggs be repaired?
Cincinnati Bengals: defensive back, linebacker, wide receiver
Safety and WR.... yes, but rest is depth need. Still the most complete team in the division.
Pittsburgh Steelers: defensive back, tight end, offensive line
More like Db, dB, and DB... OL did come on last year and 2 FAs are clearly not enough reason to list the group (see Browns)...
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Right....QB, CB and WR?......sadly, we need just about everything.....but I also see MLB as one of the positions listed "almost" every time...While Id say CB and MLB could certainly use an upgrade, they clearly aren't our top need.....t
The one that keeps NOT being presented is OLB/edge rusher......which I dont get at all......outside of QB, this is the position I see as our #1 need....along with WR.....
And yes....if we dont sign Schwartz and Mack....then wow.....we're screwed at OL as well....
-
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Right....QB, CB and WR?......sadly, we need just about everything.....but I also see MLB as one of the positions listed "almost" every time...While Id say CB and MLB could certainly use an upgrade, they clearly aren't our top need.....t
The one that keeps NOT being presented is OLB/edge rusher......which I dont get at all......outside of QB, this is the position I see as our #1 need....along with WR.....
And yes....if we dont sign Schwartz and Mack....then wow.....we're screwed at OL as well....
Right....QB, CB and WR?......sadly, we need just about everything.....but I also see MLB as one of the positions listed "almost" every time...While Id say CB and MLB could certainly use an upgrade, they clearly aren't our top need.....t
The one that keeps NOT being presented is OLB/edge rusher......which I dont get at all......outside of QB, this is the position I see as our #1 need....along with WR.....
And yes....if we dont sign Schwartz and Mack....then wow.....we're screwed at OL as well....
Well between your post and Tours it's obvious we need to buy out the Broncos and move them to Cleveland as the "new" Cleveland Browns. I can't ever recall a team with so many needs in so many positions all at the same time, especially if we lose most of our current FA players to other teams. To lose Benji, Mack and Schwartz all at the same time would decimate us and insure we remain at the bottom. Our FO needs to pull their collective smart-ass heads out and clean this up fast. I've been losing faith in them the closer we have gotten to free agency.
-
-
Please explain.
Gary Barnidge was to become a FA in 2016. Farmer was only able to lock up Gary only at the right time to resign a pending FA before the $$ madness begins. Mack nor Gipson sure the hell was not going to deal with Farmer. Barnidge resigned his deal 12-11-15. Farmer was not fired till 1-3-16 (if his ass was out at bye week, Sashi may of had a chance). Sashi was announced 1-3-16. Eats up rest of January getting Depo & office set. Come February talent's in Benji & Schwartz are well aware by agents of market. Timing matters & Jimmy just don't get it in a wash rinse repeat spin cycle.. As Jack Del Rio says "It's only Football. It's not like were trying to build something to land on Jupiter"

-
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Baltimore Ravens: offensive line, cornerback, wide receiver
CB and DL would seem biggest to me. How many times can Suggs be repaired?
Cincinnati Bengals: defensive back, linebacker, wide receiver
Safety and WR.... yes, but rest is depth need. Still the most complete team in the division.
Pittsburgh Steelers: defensive back, tight end, offensive line
More like Db, dB, and DB... OL did come on last year and 2 FAs are clearly not enough reason to list the group (see Browns)...
Drafted golson in the second round but he went on IR out of training camp with a bum shoulder. The defense gave up a lot of yards but check their red zone defense. I believe in November it was top 5 and that was with Ben missing 5 games and the defense being on the field a lot, it dropped some to close out the year. Sooo no, not db, db,db. Cockrell played well, gay will resign and senquez golson, Blake and possibly Boykin. Golden will most likely step in at SS. I expect them to draft a db but I doubt it's in the first round. Any offensive lineman drafted will most likely be depth. Our line was great all year.Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Baltimore Ravens: offensive line, cornerback, wide receiver
CB and DL would seem biggest to me. How many times can Suggs be repaired?
Cincinnati Bengals: defensive back, linebacker, wide receiver
Safety and WR.... yes, but rest is depth need. Still the most complete team in the division.
Pittsburgh Steelers: defensive back, tight end, offensive line
More like Db, dB, and DB... OL did come on last year and 2 FAs are clearly not enough reason to list the group (see Browns)...
-
Narrow down to AFCN....
Cleveland Browns: quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver
- QB... duh!
- But then LBs, both ILB and OLB.
- Even if Gip leaves, I don't see DB making the list if Haden returns to form.
- And OL is 2 FA losses from being decimated.
- Plus we still lack a bell cow at RB.
- Seems like the worst analysis, but then is also the one of which I'd have the strongest opinions.
Right....QB, CB and WR?......sadly, we need just about everything.....but I also see MLB as one of the positions listed "almost" every time...While Id say CB and MLB could certainly use an upgrade, they clearly aren't our top need.....t
The one that keeps NOT being presented is OLB/edge rusher......which I dont get at all......outside of QB, this is the position I see as our #1 need....along with WR.....
And yes....if we dont sign Schwartz and Mack....then wow.....we're screwed at OL as well....
Right....QB, CB and WR?......sadly, we need just about everything.....but I also see MLB as one of the positions listed "almost" every time...While Id say CB and MLB could certainly use an upgrade, they clearly aren't our top need.....t
The one that keeps NOT being presented is OLB/edge rusher......which I dont get at all......outside of QB, this is the position I see as our #1 need....along with WR.....
Agree..........Broncos proved the value of that.....the made both Tom Brady and Cam Newton look like rookies.
And yes....if we dont sign Schwartz and Mack....then wow.....we're screwed at OL as well....
For sure.......but per Ghoolie...it dont' matter, they are a dime a dozen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login