Skip to content

Hang Tight Legal Tampering Starts Today

The Browns Board
22 8 819
  • Yes football minions free agent step one happens today. Which signing happens first? It's going to be a weird free agent year because I don't foresee any certain player headed anywhere.

  • Oh shit it starts Monday oh well. Lmao

  • Will be the usual Scenario....

    Once all the other teams have decided who they want we will see what is left .......maybe we should be known as the Cleveland Buzzards during FA

  • Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

  • Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

    Yes it's all about cap space right now. Lucky for the Browns they have around 46 mil to play with. The teams ahead of them with more $ all have their franchise qb's other than SF. (Kaerpernick who knows though)

    The Broncos are behind the 8 ball being -1.8 over. Getting a deal for Osweiler is going to be next to impossible.

  • Will be the usual Scenario....

    Once all the other teams have decided who they want we will see what is left .......maybe we should be known as the Cleveland Buzzards during FA

    @darren15 said:

    Will be the usual Scenario....

    Once all the other teams have decided who they want we will see what is left .......maybe we should be known as the Cleveland Buzzards during FA

    The Browns are being too quiet. Something good is going to happen.
  • Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

    @texasag1969 said:

    ... so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2.

    Wait... what???

  • @texasag1969 said:

    ... so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2.

    Wait... what???

    @tour2ma said:

    Wait... what???

    OK-I'll take Henry then. 😉

  • Oh shit it starts Monday oh well. Lmao

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Oh shit it starts Monday oh well. Lmao

    Bump for eventual timeliness...

  • Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well if I were really serious and had the cap space, on Monday I would be after both Osweiler and Jackson off the Broncos so I could draft Myles Jack @ #2. Then the best WR available @ #32. That would be an instant cure for a better QB immediately, QB pressure with run stopping on D and a legitimate target to throw to on O. If I could only get one it would be Osweiler and I'd still draft Jack and a WR.

    And if I knew for sure we never even considered Osweiler, then I'm done with this FO from day 1. Massive fail IMO because it would help us solve both our major problems at once, a young QB with NFL experience and a legitimate pass rusher.

    take that over to camp jack where it belongs sonny boy

  • It's been pretty quiet so far. Mario Williams visiting the Giants. So I would guess JPP is going elsewhere for a low price.

  • NFL Network begins their free agency contact program @ noon EST today. Contact is allowed starting @ 10 am EST

    Edit----------So-it's now allowed.

  • Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

  • Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

  • NFL Network begins their free agency contact program @ noon EST today. Contact is allowed starting @ 10 am EST

    Edit----------So-it's now allowed.

    @texasag1969 said:

    NFL Network begins their free agency contact program @ noon EST today.

    Guess I could just record Fast Money Halftime Report... 😉

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

    What about RGIII for them. I suspect they will look at it.

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

    @the-gipper said:

    What about RGIII for them. I suspect they will look at it.

    With Romo out last year they tried like hell to win without him. There was no backup as we all know. The running game damn near beat Seattle too but fell spiraling. I foresee them still drafting a qb at #4 along with a backup at FA. Jones is stubborn not stupid to let this happen one more year.
  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Keep us updated man, I'm not near a tv today.

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Cowboys expected to go the Colt McCoy/ Chase Daniels established backup route rather than address though draft.

    I'm not sure if that means they think Romo has quite a few more healthy years, or they don't like the value of the QBs in the first round, but looks like they will pass on the sit & learn program that many thought they would do.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Broncos have apparently opened the bidding at an incentive laced $45mm over 3 years....

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641536/article/broncos-offer-osweiler-3year-deal-worth-up-to-45m

  • Zombo said:

    I'm hearing that Texans are reaching out to BO's agent.

    Broncos have apparently opened the bidding at an incentive laced $45mm over 3 years....

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641536/article/broncos-offer-osweiler-3year-deal-worth-up-to-45m

    @tour2ma said:

    Broncos have apparently opened the bidding at an incentive laced $45mm over 3 years....

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641536/article/broncos-offer-osweiler-3year-deal-worth-up-to-45m

    Not a superhigh starting point for him.

  • True... not high in the world of NFL starting QBs...