Shaun Rogers gets speeding ticket
-
@inspecta said:
And you posted this on the board? With a misleading title to boot.Go away asshole, nobody wants to read anymore of your deceptive threads.
Hey I'm new here and I never called people bad names so why start on me like this. We are all Browns fans.. JERK.
-
Browns star Shaun Rogers cited for speeding
by Gabriel Baird/Plain Dealer Reporter
Friday April 03, 2009, 3:19 PM
Plain DealerShaun Rogers
VERMILION — Browns Pro Bowl defensive lineman Shaun Rogers was cited Monday for going 87 mph in a 65-mph zone, police said
Rogers, 30, was pulled over by the Ohio Highway Patrol, Vermilion Police Chief Robert Kish said.
No OHP supervisor was available Friday afternoon to provide any details, but Kish said the 350-pound Brown has a court date on April 14, though that hearing will probably be waived.
My question to the Plain Dealer. Do you guys ever post actual news these days? Tough doing your jobs without inside sources? LOL haha, I hope you all loss your job and the PD goes out of business soon.
Browns star Shaun Rogers cited for speeding
by Gabriel Baird/Plain Dealer Reporter
Friday April 03, 2009, 3:19 PM
Plain DealerShaun Rogers
VERMILION — Browns Pro Bowl defensive lineman Shaun Rogers was cited Monday for going 87 mph in a 65-mph zone, police said
Rogers, 30, was pulled over by the Ohio Highway Patrol, Vermilion Police Chief Robert Kish said.
No OHP supervisor was available Friday afternoon to provide any details, but Kish said the 350-pound Brown has a court date on April 14, though that hearing will probably be waived.
My question to the Plain Dealer. Do you guys ever post actual news these days? Tough doing your jobs without inside sources? LOL haha, I hope you all loss your job and the PD goes out of business soon.
Dude, I love your logo but that's really hardcore. You wonder why people laugh at Cleveland? I hope your not happy about the Pittsburgh
police officers that got shot?
-
Browns star Shaun Rogers cited for speeding
by Gabriel Baird/Plain Dealer Reporter
Friday April 03, 2009, 3:19 PM
Plain DealerShaun Rogers
VERMILION — Browns Pro Bowl defensive lineman Shaun Rogers was cited Monday for going 87 mph in a 65-mph zone, police said
Rogers, 30, was pulled over by the Ohio Highway Patrol, Vermilion Police Chief Robert Kish said.
No OHP supervisor was available Friday afternoon to provide any details, but Kish said the 350-pound Brown has a court date on April 14, though that hearing will probably be waived.
My question to the Plain Dealer. Do you guys ever post actual news these days? Tough doing your jobs without inside sources? LOL haha, I hope you all loss your job and the PD goes out of business soon.
Dude, I love your logo but that's really hardcore. You wonder why people laugh at Cleveland? I hope your not happy about the Pittsburgh
police officers that got shot?
Dude, I love your logo but that's really hardcore. You wonder why people laugh at Cleveland? I hope your not happy about the Pittsburgh
police officers that got shot?
Huh? Please don't put word in my mouth. It's sad when anybody gets killed from Pittsburgh or not.
-
Browns star Shaun Rogers cited for speeding
by Gabriel Baird/Plain Dealer Reporter
Friday April 03, 2009, 3:19 PM
Plain DealerShaun Rogers
VERMILION — Browns Pro Bowl defensive lineman Shaun Rogers was cited Monday for going 87 mph in a 65-mph zone, police said
Rogers, 30, was pulled over by the Ohio Highway Patrol, Vermilion Police Chief Robert Kish said.
No OHP supervisor was available Friday afternoon to provide any details, but Kish said the 350-pound Brown has a court date on April 14, though that hearing will probably be waived.
My question to the Plain Dealer. Do you guys ever post actual news these days? Tough doing your jobs without inside sources? LOL haha, I hope you all loss your job and the PD goes out of business soon.
Browns star Shaun Rogers cited for speeding
by Gabriel Baird/Plain Dealer Reporter
Friday April 03, 2009, 3:19 PM
Plain DealerShaun Rogers
VERMILION — Browns Pro Bowl defensive lineman Shaun Rogers was cited Monday for going 87 mph in a 65-mph zone, police said
Rogers, 30, was pulled over by the Ohio Highway Patrol, Vermilion Police Chief Robert Kish said.
No OHP supervisor was available Friday afternoon to provide any details, but Kish said the 350-pound Brown has a court date on April 14, though that hearing will probably be waived.
My question to the Plain Dealer. Do you guys ever post actual news these days? Tough doing your jobs without inside sources? LOL haha, I hope you all loss your job and the PD goes out of business soon.
Here's your sign!
-
Zombo said:
It's noteworthy that he was speeding especially in light of the Stallworth arrest, he's a highly-paid public figure. It's not like the PD did a big exposee on it, they just reported it.I don't see how the Stallworth situation is relevant here. From what I gather, Rogers wasn't 1) drunk, 2) driving 80+ in close proximity to pedestrians, or 3) involved in a situation that killed someone. Aside from the fact that they were both football players who own cars, I don't see many similarities.
Do they have a right to report it? Sure, why not? Should they report it? Well, it's a non-story. At the same time, they're clearly grasping for anything to talk about in the dead period before the draft--take as evidence Pluto's idiotic filler about how Josh McDaniel's dad's high school success speaks volumes about the fact that McDaniels might have wanted Quinn--but it's a non-story. I hit over 80 on my way to work the other day, but the Knoxville News-Sentinel didn't even put it in the back page. Which was kind of surprising, what with the Dale Earnhardt story and all.
Dennis
-
Gee, It's more of a rip on the Plain Dealer than anything..
Anyhow..
I find it hard to believe any vehicle transporting Rogers could attain that kind of speed.
He's innocent.
But I do believe he should have been cited for no seat belt. I HIGHLY doubt he was wearing one unless it's some homemade job fit for him.
Gee, It's more of a rip on the Plain Dealer than anything..
Anyhow..
I find it hard to believe any vehicle transporting Rogers could attain that kind of speed.
He's innocent.
But I do believe he should have been cited for no seat belt. I HIGHLY doubt he was wearing one unless it's some homemade job fit for him.
This is a slimey way to get everyone to read the thread you started.
I'm giving you the cyber finger.
-
Zombo said:
It's noteworthy that he was speeding especially in light of the Stallworth arrest, he's a highly-paid public figure. It's not like the PD did a big exposee on it, they just reported it.What is more disturbing is you wishing they were all out of work, while you post your drama-generating thread title.
Zombo
--Nice avatar though
Exactly.
Do you notice the difference in the PD headline when compared to the headline for this thread?
Even the PD isn't slimey enough to make the headline look like the one that started this thread.
-
@inspecta said:
Which was my point to begin with. This isn't the first time Reno has exhibited douchebag tendencies.Reno didn't take kindly to my Clay Aiken homage either. Apparently, he thought I was concerned that Clay is a gay guy but in actuality I was just pointing out a few things. Like the fact that bad dude would kick the crap out of the current Idolers.
I guess Reno was offended. So much so that he kept reposting his smarty comment over and over.
Maybe my man Reno just wants to be one of those guys on the board nobody likes. There's a few others here that are useless and never have anything good to say also so it's not like he would be exclusive.
-
Easy fellas....I think he gets your point.
-
I don't have any views to add that haven't already been beaten to death since the second post. I just wanted to add that this is a really cheesy discussion.
The new Horse Racing Forum gets no attention, but this lame ass story gets a healthy dose of Miracle Grow ... you guys suck.
-
TheJokersWILD said:
He is another one of our players being irresponsable. Just like Stallworth was when he got behind the wheel drunk.You don't have to be drunk to hurt someone, all you gotta do is drive like an a******.To borrow a line from Allen Iverson, we talkin' about a speeding ticket. Is it irresponsible? If one takes the speed limit as a pre-existing condition (that is, everyone knows that 65 mph is the safest speed to travel on the highway), maybe. Otherwise, it's a guy driving over the limit, knowing he could get ticketed, knowingly taking the risk, and paying the price when he got caught.
Please, please don't try to conflate this with the Stallworth situation; that logic demeans us all. What's the indication that he was driving like, well, a jerk? Was he tailgating? Weaving? Editing a porno while driving? Otherwise, again, we talkin' about a speeding ticket.
Dennis
I hit 90 the other day on a dry patch of highway with no cars around. Will I have to buy my own ticket to the Hague, or will the ICC pay for my airfare?
-
TheJokersWILD said:
He is another one of our players being irresponsable. Just like Stallworth was when he got behind the wheel drunk.You don't have to be drunk to hurt someone, all you gotta do is drive like an a******.To borrow a line from Allen Iverson, we talkin' about a speeding ticket. Is it irresponsible? If one takes the speed limit as a pre-existing condition (that is, everyone knows that 65 mph is the safest speed to travel on the highway), maybe. Otherwise, it's a guy driving over the limit, knowing he could get ticketed, knowingly taking the risk, and paying the price when he got caught.
Please, please don't try to conflate this with the Stallworth situation; that logic demeans us all. What's the indication that he was driving like, well, a jerk? Was he tailgating? Weaving? Editing a porno while driving? Otherwise, again, we talkin' about a speeding ticket.
Dennis
I hit 90 the other day on a dry patch of highway with no cars around. Will I have to buy my own ticket to the Hague, or will the ICC pay for my airfare?
To borrow a line from Allen Iverson, we talkin' about a speeding ticket. Is it irresponsible? If one takes the speed limit as a pre-existing condition (that is, everyone knows that 65 mph is the safest speed to travel on the highway), maybe. Otherwise, it's a guy driving over the limit, knowing he could get ticketed, knowingly taking the risk, and paying the price when he got caught.
Please, please don't try to conflate this with the Stallworth situation; that logic demeans us all. What's the indication that he was driving like, well, a jerk? Was he tailgating? Weaving? Editing a porno while driving? Otherwise, again, we talkin' about a speeding ticket.
Dennis
I hit 90 the other day on a dry patch of highway with no cars around. Will I have to buy my own ticket to the Hague, or will the ICC pay for my airfare?
I though 80 was the residential speed limit in Tn
I've driven on I-95 at around 100 in a rental car and had a constant stream of traffic passing me.
In ohio, the road nazis, otherwise known as Ohio Highway Patrol have quota's to make.
On a dry road, especially interstate driving, in today's cars, with modern brakes and tires 80 mph is idling, especially considering that Interstates were designed in the 50's and 60's for the safe traffic of Packards, nail head Buicks and Hudson Hornets at 90 mph.
Other than being above the speed limit, 80 is no big deal. When you're above 120 or 130, then were talking a little excessive.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login