How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?
-
The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now.
Maybe after a solid rehab and 6 months of proven sobriety with a real sponsor and not some friend(s) who drags him right back in it. Otherwise he's cooked in the NFL unless you are buying this conspiracy theory.
Maybe after a solid rehab and 6 months of proven sobriety with a real sponsor and not some friend(s) who drags him right back in it. Otherwise he's cooked in the NFL unless you are buying this conspiracy theory.
And 3 years in the CFL....which is where his talents are suited. Then maybe he can do a Doug Flutie.
-
Cowboys, Chargers (look out), Patriots, Giants, Saints, Cardinals, maybe even Steelers?
The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now. They will draft Bosa if he's there, they won't burn a first on a QB.
Chargers have a small window to try and win this shit with their boy Rivers, they will draft playmakers on offense or defense to try and capitalize on what they have now, at least in the first round.
Patriots do not have a first round pick this year.
Giants aren't taking a QB in the first they have the only Manning left still playing and they need defense.
The Saints have the same deal with Brees, small window on Drews career and they need to add a piece in order to have a chance, no way the burn a first on a QB.
Cardnails are close, nearly won it last year. They'll add an offensive weapon not a QB.
And if Pittsburgh takes a QB in the first... I'll laugh my ass off. They need so much more than taking a QB in the first to ride the pine. But by all means, burn that first round pick on a 3rd round talent.
Goff and Wentz are Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.
The Cowboys have Romo, they will likely pick up Manziel despite what they are saying now. They will draft Bosa if he's there, they won't burn a first on a QB.
Chargers have a small window to try and win this shit with their boy Rivers, they will draft playmakers on offense or defense to try and capitalize on what they have now, at least in the first round.
Patriots do not have a first round pick this year.
Giants aren't taking a QB in the first they have the only Manning left still playing and they need defense.
The Saints have the same deal with Brees, small window on Drews career and they need to add a piece in order to have a chance, no way the burn a first on a QB.
Cardnails are close, nearly won it last year. They'll add an offensive weapon not a QB.
And if Pittsburgh takes a QB in the first... I'll laugh my ass off. They need so much more than taking a QB in the first to ride the pine. But by all means, burn that first round pick on a 3rd round talent.
Goff and Wentz are Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden.
So, what are you saying....Yes, there will be one of those QB there at #32?
-
Yes, I would almost guarantee that either Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #32. Spend our #2 overall on a player that makes the players around him better. Get Bosa, Jack, Ramsey or even Tunsil. Please, I'm begging the F.O., please do not take one of these QB's at #2 overall... Unless it's Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, which these guys are not.
-
Wentz and Goff are long gone by the 12 pick, and Lynch
is gone by the 32 pick.
-
I don't think we trade down. I think we keep the pick and turn Joe T in to another 1st round pick...I don't see the point in keeping him, his value it at the top now. Turn him in to a pass rusher. Teams already neutralize him by putting their best pass rusher on the other side.
Trade Joe T if we want to get better.
-
NO. Joe Thomas has to be there, to take Wentz, Orchard, and Shelton fishing.
You have to think these things through.
-
Yes, I would almost guarantee that either Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #32. Spend our #2 overall on a player that makes the players around him better. Get Bosa, Jack, Ramsey or even Tunsil. Please, I'm begging the F.O., please do not take one of these QB's at #2 overall... Unless it's Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, which these guys are not.
Yes, I would almost guarantee that either Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #32. Spend our #2 overall on a player that makes the players around him better. Get Bosa, Jack, Ramsey or even Tunsil. Please, I'm begging the F.O., please do not take one of these QB's at #2 overall... Unless it's Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, which these guys are not.
You also think Manziel is a good at something other than being a drunk.
-
I don't think we trade down. I think we keep the pick and turn Joe T in to another 1st round pick...I don't see the point in keeping him, his value it at the top now. Turn him in to a pass rusher. Teams already neutralize him by putting their best pass rusher on the other side.
Trade Joe T if we want to get better.
I don't think we trade down. I think we keep the pick and turn Joe T in to another 1st round pick...I don't see the point in keeping him, his value it at the top now. Turn him in to a pass rusher. Teams already neutralize him by putting their best pass rusher on the other side.
Trade Joe T if we want to get better.
Thanks, Ghoolie Jr.
It must be the water in Tennessee that gives both you guys the anti-JT gene mutation. No?
-
As we are all witnessing the housecleaning job done by our new staff, I'm starting to consider the fact we may trade down if the price is right. We are losing a lot of players, some of our best, and we won't be able to plug every hole in one offseason. We will need more draft picks in the future...and high ones. I'm also starting to see more and more mock drafts that have us taking Jalen Ramsey at #2. I've been clammoring for this a while now as a viable option to taking a QB at #2 IF our talent guys don't give Wentz or Goff a high enough grade. Generally, corners/safeties aren't taken this high, but this draft appears to me as low on high end talent, and Ramsey is NOT a normal player. His stats might not be eye-popping, but he's killer against the run, a ridiculous athlete, and can play several positions. He'd basically be a new toy for the defense and we could experiment with him. I'm NOT saying he will be Troy Palumalu, but I am saying that's the kind of player I see him as. Rushing the QB, covering deep, and supporting the run. Oh, he's also got his shit together OFF the field too.
Another option...one I don't see happening...is for us to take Ramsey (or someone else) and then trade back into the first round for a QB. Goff and Wentz aren't going to slide, and I don't favor Lynch AT ALL, but perhaps Cook (I know...not my fav) or someone else of his ilk. I don't see us giving up resources to trade up, but who knows.
And then there is the Kaepernick situation. But the thing is...Kaepernick doesn't seem better than a healthy McCown, right? But I guess that's the rub, as McCown hasn't completed a full season (I THINK).
-
Does anybody think that Denver could draft Lynch at the end of round one, and he
could eventually turn out to be Elway II ?
Doesn't have a horseface though.... just read that in some mock.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login