Disappointment?
-
I guess, that other teams know the weaknesses of the Browns a lot more than
other hc's and gm's with the Browns over the years did.
Now, the Browns want to restructure to boost the running game.
All they need to do is add a few power olinemen, and draft that
running back from Alabama.....and...
wait. Let me think on that a moment....
-
They have been accruing talent. We will see how that shakes out this year.
I wouldn't be shocked if Joe gets sent off to another team on draft day. Not what I would prefer but just fits the signature of these types of rebuilds. By the time they would have a team built around him, Joe would be 34-35. This team stinks and doesn't have much in terms of talent. It will suck but it appears this front office is looking over the long haul.
Of course A Team willing to pay what he's worth would probably be someone in the hunt. Denver would be off the board since they have no quarterback now.
WSS
Of course A Team willing to pay what he's worth would probably be someone in the hunt. Denver would be off the board since they have no quarterback now.
WSS
The Giants seem to be in a giving mood. Maybe they need a LT?
-
I guess, that other teams know the weaknesses of the Browns a lot more than
other hc's and gm's with the Browns over the years did.
Now, the Browns want to restructure to boost the running game.
All they need to do is add a few power olinemen, and draft that
running back from Alabama.....and...
wait. Let me think on that a moment....
-
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
I'm not down on Sashi and Hue ... I can buy into these guys.
I'm down on the fact that Right Now we feel like an expansion team that happens to have Joe Thomas. There is nothing built here.
It is a complete reboot, and Hue jackson will play the role of Chris Palmer and Wentz/Goff will be in the role of Tim Couch, and we are going to try this all again.
We just can't retain any of the decent guys we draft or find, even if those guys turn out to be really nice draft picks like Mitch Schwartz (2nd) or Travis Benjamin (4th) or terrific udfa finds like Tashaun Gipson.
I think when Farmer got the job, we were frustrated with rebooting again ... but there was something to work with ... Thomas, Mack, Haden, Ward, Gordon, etc ... and TONS of draft picks. Lombardi and Banner left us SET UP for the draft.
But he blew them in record fashion. And he couldn't keep any of the good ones Heckert drafted.
The whole thing HAD to blow up, I understand it, but it still hurts because we are seemingly SO FAR away. We are once again asked to take a leap of faith, and us loyal sonsabitches will take it ... but, damn, in all likelihood we are off on a path of the 99 Browns ... two years of suckage, one year of hope, playoffs in year four.
If Depodesta and these guys can Moneyball us a winning team together faster, that would be great because there are a lot of Great Browns fans who do not deserve even one more losing season.
Zombo
-
Can you imagine the green room at the draft after the Titans pick you will see a host of top prospects going to the bathroom or seen in the corner whispering at their phone....please don't ring, please don't ring
-
Can you imagine the green room at the draft after the Titans pick you will see a host of top prospects going to the bathroom or seen in the corner whispering at their phone....please don't ring, please don't ring
Can you imagine the green room at the draft after the Titans pick you will see a host of top prospects going to the bathroom or seen in the corner whispering at their phone....please don't ring, please don't ring
Biggest cheer of the night at that point - "the cleveland browns have traded the number two overall pick..."
-
Can you imagine the green room at the draft after the Titans pick you will see a host of top prospects going to the bathroom or seen in the corner whispering at their phone....please don't ring, please don't ring
-
Of course in the days of the big reboot Tim Couch was the hands down FrontRunner big time quarterback. I don't think either of the two guys available near the top are anywhere near him. So we are 1990 with Joe Thomas instead of Jim Pyne.
And yes I will lighten up sooner or later try and understand the reboot and Hope that after 2 years of failure it doesn't all start again.
But I think I'm going to need at least A5 or 6 win season before I can walk into the crime scene without Vicks Vapor Rub smeared under my nose if you know what I mean.
WSS
Edit: and that's assuming that the powers-that-be don't wait until a mid-round and select one of Emmett's picks at quarterback.
-
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
No...you're not.....but my disappointment didnt start yesterday afternoon, it started waaay back...maybe mid way through last season and it peaked with the complete reset at the end of the season.....and thats when a touch of apathy started to creep in....
I know Ive been ranting against the ranting since yesterday....so, I promise, this is my last rant on the whole FA thing....Im disappointed too, but do have an aversion to all the whining and crying...all the time....its like being in a nursery full of wet diapers.....
Im not surprised by what went down yesterday and am more surprised that no one saw it coming......
1) Mack.....Who honestly thought Mack was staying??.....he's been threatening to leave for 3 years now and finally did. So no surprise there. At all. Honestly, I prefer he does, because rather than accepting they could play better and trying to be part of the solution, he opted to just leave....which in my mind is quitting and blaming "others" for his teams failure....I want a fighter who will work toward the solution.....so, again, not at all surprised and we got exactly what was expected from him.....
2) Gipson....my dislike for him started last year during his hold out and his little twitter campaign. Have alwaysa felt he had an over inflated sense of his value and was more about the money, than team. I campaigned a year ago NOT to pay this guy and felt he wouldnt be "all that"....and his 2015 season proved out to be below average.....so, again, another guy I expected to leave and not a surprise at all.......
3) Benji.....ok, I like Benji well enough, but definitely wasnt on the Benji train. Been campaigning for weeks now NOT to overpay him for one "ok" season. And, I guess, I got what I asked for. We tried for months to sign him....both FO's.....and he opted out. So, in the now famous words of John Elway, I want guys who want to be here.....and Im definitely tired of overpaid under performing palyers....and we have a roster full of them.....
4) Sashi and the new FO......again....fought to the death trying to prevent another reset. Screamed that IF we were gonna do it, lets at least get some experienced talent in the FO, because the last team Haslam assembled was too green. Debated and debated that we had a dearth of talent and a bunch of over paid non performers that NO coach could win with. And we were rewarded with a new FO of green green green harvard boys, who were smarter than everybody else. But I wasnt even close to excited about these guys...or the structure...or Shashi....or any of it. THATS when the apathy set in and I sensed another year or 2 of pain, while they learned how to run a team. So....again.....not surprised that they failed in their first attempt at the whirlwind that is day one of FA.....and I expect some more growing pains to come......
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday. And, I think, will continue going forward.....hence....apathy...
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
-
Tex just started dancing.
Was it that visible? LOL!

We had better get a few road graders in here from FA fast then. Otherwise we have far greater needs than RB.
Hey Mud. We get to bitch during the shock wave. If you knew we would lose that many while SB was telling us we needed to retain them, then you should have warned us in advance he was blowing smoke up our collective ass.
But today is a new day........................................................so
-
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
No...you're not.....but my disappointment didnt start yesterday afternoon, it started waaay back...maybe mid way through last season and it peaked with the complete reset at the end of the season.....and thats when a touch of apathy started to creep in....
I know Ive been ranting against the ranting since yesterday....so, I promise, this is my last rant on the whole FA thing....Im disappointed too, but do have an aversion to all the whining and crying...all the time....its like being in a nursery full of wet diapers.....
Im not surprised by what went down yesterday and am more surprised that no one saw it coming......
1) Mack.....Who honestly thought Mack was staying??.....he's been threatening to leave for 3 years now and finally did. So no surprise there. At all. Honestly, I prefer he does, because rather than accepting they could play better and trying to be part of the solution, he opted to just leave....which in my mind is quitting and blaming "others" for his teams failure....I want a fighter who will work toward the solution.....so, again, not at all surprised and we got exactly what was expected from him.....
2) Gipson....my dislike for him started last year during his hold out and his little twitter campaign. Have alwaysa felt he had an over inflated sense of his value and was more about the money, than team. I campaigned a year ago NOT to pay this guy and felt he wouldnt be "all that"....and his 2015 season proved out to be below average.....so, again, another guy I expected to leave and not a surprise at all.......
3) Benji.....ok, I like Benji well enough, but definitely wasnt on the Benji train. Been campaigning for weeks now NOT to overpay him for one "ok" season. And, I guess, I got what I asked for. We tried for months to sign him....both FO's.....and he opted out. So, in the now famous words of John Elway, I want guys who want to be here.....and Im definitely tired of overpaid under performing palyers....and we have a roster full of them.....
4) Sashi and the new FO......again....fought to the death trying to prevent another reset. Screamed that IF we were gonna do it, lets at least get some experienced talent in the FO, because the last team Haslam assembled was too green. Debated and debated that we had a dearth of talent and a bunch of over paid non performers that NO coach could win with. And we were rewarded with a new FO of green green green harvard boys, who were smarter than everybody else. But I wasnt even close to excited about these guys...or the structure...or Shashi....or any of it. THATS when the apathy set in and I sensed another year or 2 of pain, while they learned how to run a team. So....again.....not surprised that they failed in their first attempt at the whirlwind that is day one of FA.....and I expect some more growing pains to come......
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday. And, I think, will continue going forward.....hence....apathy...
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
-
Also, Mud, I pretty much agree with you especially on point number 4 and about Alex Mack and Gipson who I haven't liked for a while.
And I assume Benjamin is expendable butt why, unless we get somebody better 4 a decent price? And I think it was idiotic to let Mitchell walk.
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
-
Tex just started dancing.
Was it that visible? LOL!

We had better get a few road graders in here from FA fast then. Otherwise we have far greater needs than RB.
Hey Mud. We get to bitch during the shock wave. If you knew we would lose that many while SB was telling us we needed to retain them, then you should have warned us in advance he was blowing smoke up our collective ass.
But today is a new day........................................................so
Hey Mud. We get to bitch during the shock wave. If you knew we would lose that many while SB was telling us we needed to retain them, then you should have warned us in advance he was blowing smoke up our collective ass.
But today is a new day........................................................so
I understand(honestly...I do)....and we all get to bitch about what bugs us.....that includes me too.....always good to have a counter point, right or wrong.....so Im happy to provide it.....

I guess I hoped the new FO would be better than I feared, so I wasnt gonna slam them before they had a chance to do something....but I definitely typed a hell of a lot of words over the last several months about my concerns for another reset....sorry you missed it......
-
Also, Mud, I pretty much agree with you especially on point number 4 and about Alex Mack and Gipson who I haven't liked for a while.
And I assume Benjamin is expendable butt why, unless we get somebody better 4 a decent price? And I think it was idiotic to let Mitchell walk.
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
-
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
Yep, wondering how Joe Thomas feels about all of this. As has been said, this is a full, full rebuild, and by the time we get close, he'll be five years from canton.
-
Hey Mud. We get to bitch during the shock wave. If you knew we would lose that many while SB was telling us we needed to retain them, then you should have warned us in advance he was blowing smoke up our collective ass.
But today is a new day........................................................so
I understand(honestly...I do)....and we all get to bitch about what bugs us.....that includes me too.....always good to have a counter point, right or wrong.....so Im happy to provide it.....

I guess I hoped the new FO would be better than I feared, so I wasnt gonna slam them before they had a chance to do something....but I definitely typed a hell of a lot of words over the last several months about my concerns for another reset....sorry you missed it......
I understand(honestly...I do)....and we all get to bitch about what bugs us.....that includes me too.....always good to have a counter point, right or wrong.....so Im happy to provide it.....

I guess I hoped the new FO would be better than I feared, so I wasnt gonna slam them before they had a chance to do something....but I definitely typed a hell of a lot of words over the last several months about my concerns for another reset....sorry you missed it......
Yep, but I don't think even you saw losing all 4 coming. That is why it felt like a betrayal of trust to hear one thing from SB and get totally opposite results a la George Costanza. Maybe he should have said we are a shit team and people will outbid us for these "key players" as he called them.OK-"starting now!"

-
Look at it the positive way. We are the favorites
to draft #1 #1 in 2017.
And at the moment Vegas agrees with you. And it's not even close to 2nd worst. Last update was Monday so it dos not account for FA signings or losses yet.
-
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
No...you're not.....but my disappointment didnt start yesterday afternoon, it started waaay back...maybe mid way through last season and it peaked with the complete reset at the end of the season.....and thats when a touch of apathy started to creep in....
I know Ive been ranting against the ranting since yesterday....so, I promise, this is my last rant on the whole FA thing....Im disappointed too, but do have an aversion to all the whining and crying...all the time....its like being in a nursery full of wet diapers.....
Im not surprised by what went down yesterday and am more surprised that no one saw it coming......
1) Mack.....Who honestly thought Mack was staying??.....he's been threatening to leave for 3 years now and finally did. So no surprise there. At all. Honestly, I prefer he does, because rather than accepting they could play better and trying to be part of the solution, he opted to just leave....which in my mind is quitting and blaming "others" for his teams failure....I want a fighter who will work toward the solution.....so, again, not at all surprised and we got exactly what was expected from him.....
2) Gipson....my dislike for him started last year during his hold out and his little twitter campaign. Have alwaysa felt he had an over inflated sense of his value and was more about the money, than team. I campaigned a year ago NOT to pay this guy and felt he wouldnt be "all that"....and his 2015 season proved out to be below average.....so, again, another guy I expected to leave and not a surprise at all.......
3) Benji.....ok, I like Benji well enough, but definitely wasnt on the Benji train. Been campaigning for weeks now NOT to overpay him for one "ok" season. And, I guess, I got what I asked for. We tried for months to sign him....both FO's.....and he opted out. So, in the now famous words of John Elway, I want guys who want to be here.....and Im definitely tired of overpaid under performing palyers....and we have a roster full of them.....
4) Sashi and the new FO......again....fought to the death trying to prevent another reset. Screamed that IF we were gonna do it, lets at least get some experienced talent in the FO, because the last team Haslam assembled was too green. Debated and debated that we had a dearth of talent and a bunch of over paid non performers that NO coach could win with. And we were rewarded with a new FO of green green green harvard boys, who were smarter than everybody else. But I wasnt even close to excited about these guys...or the structure...or Shashi....or any of it. THATS when the apathy set in and I sensed another year or 2 of pain, while they learned how to run a team. So....again.....not surprised that they failed in their first attempt at the whirlwind that is day one of FA.....and I expect some more growing pains to come......
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday. And, I think, will continue going forward.....hence....apathy...
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
I agree with everything here and would only add...the team was 3-13 with these guys so how good can they be? Schwartz is the only one that we will miss in my opinion.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login