Disappointment?
-
Also, Mud, I pretty much agree with you especially on point number 4 and about Alex Mack and Gipson who I haven't liked for a while.
And I assume Benjamin is expendable butt why, unless we get somebody better 4 a decent price? And I think it was idiotic to let Mitchell walk.
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
-
And about the article it would have been nice if Tom Reed might have gotten a statement instead of just guessing.
WSS
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
Wonder if Joe is mad at the Browns or if he's mad that his teammates left him at the alter.....I know the Browns offered Mack $10 mil, so they obviously would have had to pay him more to stay....which would put his salary at or above Joes(11mil)......so, either Joe did the right thing by signing a reasonable deal or Mack priced himself out of town....wonder what Joes perspective on that is??.....
Yep, wondering how Joe Thomas feels about all of this. As has been said, this is a full, full rebuild, and by the time we get close, he'll be five years from canton.
-
Hey Mud. We get to bitch during the shock wave. If you knew we would lose that many while SB was telling us we needed to retain them, then you should have warned us in advance he was blowing smoke up our collective ass.
But today is a new day........................................................so
I understand(honestly...I do)....and we all get to bitch about what bugs us.....that includes me too.....always good to have a counter point, right or wrong.....so Im happy to provide it.....

I guess I hoped the new FO would be better than I feared, so I wasnt gonna slam them before they had a chance to do something....but I definitely typed a hell of a lot of words over the last several months about my concerns for another reset....sorry you missed it......
I understand(honestly...I do)....and we all get to bitch about what bugs us.....that includes me too.....always good to have a counter point, right or wrong.....so Im happy to provide it.....

I guess I hoped the new FO would be better than I feared, so I wasnt gonna slam them before they had a chance to do something....but I definitely typed a hell of a lot of words over the last several months about my concerns for another reset....sorry you missed it......
Yep, but I don't think even you saw losing all 4 coming. That is why it felt like a betrayal of trust to hear one thing from SB and get totally opposite results a la George Costanza. Maybe he should have said we are a shit team and people will outbid us for these "key players" as he called them.OK-"starting now!"

-
Look at it the positive way. We are the favorites
to draft #1 #1 in 2017.
And at the moment Vegas agrees with you. And it's not even close to 2nd worst. Last update was Monday so it dos not account for FA signings or losses yet.
-
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
No...you're not.....but my disappointment didnt start yesterday afternoon, it started waaay back...maybe mid way through last season and it peaked with the complete reset at the end of the season.....and thats when a touch of apathy started to creep in....
I know Ive been ranting against the ranting since yesterday....so, I promise, this is my last rant on the whole FA thing....Im disappointed too, but do have an aversion to all the whining and crying...all the time....its like being in a nursery full of wet diapers.....
Im not surprised by what went down yesterday and am more surprised that no one saw it coming......
1) Mack.....Who honestly thought Mack was staying??.....he's been threatening to leave for 3 years now and finally did. So no surprise there. At all. Honestly, I prefer he does, because rather than accepting they could play better and trying to be part of the solution, he opted to just leave....which in my mind is quitting and blaming "others" for his teams failure....I want a fighter who will work toward the solution.....so, again, not at all surprised and we got exactly what was expected from him.....
2) Gipson....my dislike for him started last year during his hold out and his little twitter campaign. Have alwaysa felt he had an over inflated sense of his value and was more about the money, than team. I campaigned a year ago NOT to pay this guy and felt he wouldnt be "all that"....and his 2015 season proved out to be below average.....so, again, another guy I expected to leave and not a surprise at all.......
3) Benji.....ok, I like Benji well enough, but definitely wasnt on the Benji train. Been campaigning for weeks now NOT to overpay him for one "ok" season. And, I guess, I got what I asked for. We tried for months to sign him....both FO's.....and he opted out. So, in the now famous words of John Elway, I want guys who want to be here.....and Im definitely tired of overpaid under performing palyers....and we have a roster full of them.....
4) Sashi and the new FO......again....fought to the death trying to prevent another reset. Screamed that IF we were gonna do it, lets at least get some experienced talent in the FO, because the last team Haslam assembled was too green. Debated and debated that we had a dearth of talent and a bunch of over paid non performers that NO coach could win with. And we were rewarded with a new FO of green green green harvard boys, who were smarter than everybody else. But I wasnt even close to excited about these guys...or the structure...or Shashi....or any of it. THATS when the apathy set in and I sensed another year or 2 of pain, while they learned how to run a team. So....again.....not surprised that they failed in their first attempt at the whirlwind that is day one of FA.....and I expect some more growing pains to come......
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday. And, I think, will continue going forward.....hence....apathy...
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
I agree with everything here and would only add...the team was 3-13 with these guys so how good can they be? Schwartz is the only one that we will miss in my opinion.
-
Mud, if I can add to your 4 points, and hopefully help many of our fans:
I think Sashi and Depodesto wanted to begin removing the known "Browns have the highest payroll" in the league. Letting these guys go will convince anyone that thinks they can come here and be paid whatever they want, will no longer be accepted.
We will draft our players and if it takes some time to get to the SB, so be it. I know our fans hate this because they are tired of losing. But, previous coaches tried to come here and win right away, which didn't work. I'd also say that it wasn't fair either, but they had no choice.
Back to the draft, I know that Cam Erving was only a rookie last year. So I do expect some improvements from his this year. I would move him to RG, but we have to hit on the C in the draft (2nd pick this year). So, of course I'm implying that we draft the QB with the first pick.
With Gordon coming back and drafting a WR in the 3rd round, we should see an improvement. As mud started, losing Gipson last year didn't hurts us. The rest of our picks, I would draft Edge Rushers and CBs.
Our D played much better the last couple games. I know that coaching is everything, so hopefully they improve.
Obviously I don't know this for a fact, but it does make sense.
-
And don't forget about Ifo Ekpre-Olomu that was injured last year, and will be back this year.
-
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
No...you're not.....but my disappointment didnt start yesterday afternoon, it started waaay back...maybe mid way through last season and it peaked with the complete reset at the end of the season.....and thats when a touch of apathy started to creep in....
I know Ive been ranting against the ranting since yesterday....so, I promise, this is my last rant on the whole FA thing....Im disappointed too, but do have an aversion to all the whining and crying...all the time....its like being in a nursery full of wet diapers.....
Im not surprised by what went down yesterday and am more surprised that no one saw it coming......
1) Mack.....Who honestly thought Mack was staying??.....he's been threatening to leave for 3 years now and finally did. So no surprise there. At all. Honestly, I prefer he does, because rather than accepting they could play better and trying to be part of the solution, he opted to just leave....which in my mind is quitting and blaming "others" for his teams failure....I want a fighter who will work toward the solution.....so, again, not at all surprised and we got exactly what was expected from him.....
2) Gipson....my dislike for him started last year during his hold out and his little twitter campaign. Have alwaysa felt he had an over inflated sense of his value and was more about the money, than team. I campaigned a year ago NOT to pay this guy and felt he wouldnt be "all that"....and his 2015 season proved out to be below average.....so, again, another guy I expected to leave and not a surprise at all.......
3) Benji.....ok, I like Benji well enough, but definitely wasnt on the Benji train. Been campaigning for weeks now NOT to overpay him for one "ok" season. And, I guess, I got what I asked for. We tried for months to sign him....both FO's.....and he opted out. So, in the now famous words of John Elway, I want guys who want to be here.....and Im definitely tired of overpaid under performing palyers....and we have a roster full of them.....
4) Sashi and the new FO......again....fought to the death trying to prevent another reset. Screamed that IF we were gonna do it, lets at least get some experienced talent in the FO, because the last team Haslam assembled was too green. Debated and debated that we had a dearth of talent and a bunch of over paid non performers that NO coach could win with. And we were rewarded with a new FO of green green green harvard boys, who were smarter than everybody else. But I wasnt even close to excited about these guys...or the structure...or Shashi....or any of it. THATS when the apathy set in and I sensed another year or 2 of pain, while they learned how to run a team. So....again.....not surprised that they failed in their first attempt at the whirlwind that is day one of FA.....and I expect some more growing pains to come......
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday. And, I think, will continue going forward.....hence....apathy...
So...we can yell....and scream....and roll on the floor....but anyone who didnt see this coming is blind....and anyone who thought Mack was staying is blind too.....and anyone who thought Gipson or Benji were all world talents or the difference between winning and losing would be mistaken ....
I know......Farmer seemed like he thought he knew it all.......but at least he wasnt declared as the smartest FO in the league......GO HARVARD!
5) Schwartz....this is the one that really bothers me. He was the one guy I felt strongly about keeping and am deeply disappointed they didnt find a way. Had a lot of time to do it too. But, their inexperience cost them and the Browns a quality home grown player. But...But, you reap what you sow....and Jimmy has sowed a field of green FO talent again and it showed clearly yesterday.
I disagree with you on this point.. The reason Schwartz left is because Browns FO wasn't willing to bid against themselves.. They made an offer that Schwartz rejected because he thought he could get more.. and was wrong. Browns pulled the first offer and were never informed of the KC bid value.
If Schwartz wanted to stay, he could have told them precisely what KC offered and asked them to beat it. But that wasn't how Schwartz's agent tried to play them.
Browns FO now acts like Cuban on SharkTank : Accept now or the deal's off. Which is fine by me -- I want someone who has brass balls and won't be levered by other teams. I think they're the exact opposite of green...
-
Rumors circulating we have agreed a deal to sign this guy to a 4 year $40m deal $25m guaranteed ......but the front office are waiting for him to arrive so the contract can be completed.

-
Disappointed? Yes, but not one bit regarding yesterday's lack of participation in the inaugural day 1 over spend fest. The guys we lost will be replaced by younger guys, who likely will be even better on the field......... Hell, these 4 starters were the core of a 3-20 team..... C YA!
I'm disappointed that as I sit here typing this, I know that the upcoming season will be 6-10 at best, but I have known this for a long, long time. This team is devoid of NFL talent.... REAL NFL talent. Not "he's the best player on a shitty 3-20 team" talent, but real talent.
It's going to take a while to infuse the 53 with real NFL talent, and again, I have known this for a long time......... It just sucks already knowing that every upcoming gameday in the upcoming season is going to be a frustrating one, yet again, and that has me disappointed.
However, if a time traveler told me that if I hang in there for just 1 more frustrating year, then I wouldn't have to suffer another one for many, many years to come, then I would gladly watch each and every snap of our last shitty season.
Hopefully our new "vision" will lead to this^
-
D Bone -if they do this right then were talking 5 years to be really competitive week in week out. The key will be whether Jimmy can be that patient. Me? I've waited almost 69 years for A&M to win a national championship. Waiting for a competitive team here is easy in comparison.
PS-I was elated when A&M won the Women's Basketball National Championship in 2011 and thrilled that we just tied Kentucky for the men's regular season basketball championship this year and got seeded #1 in the SEC tournament based on our double OT win over them. Small victories ease the pain quite a bit.
-
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
i don't think you are being negative, i think you are being realistic...i don't believe in this analytic crap either...as far as hue jackson goes, he's going to have to prove himself...plain and simple...more importantly, he's going to have to surround himself with some really good assistant coaches to help him out...every winning coach has done that....I think we are quite aways from even having a winning season let alone making the playoffs..we are in the "we are 2yrs away from being 2yrs away mode right now....no good fa's want to come here..its been that way forever...its going to be up to the draft or next several drafts to development hopefully good players to turn this shit around, then we might get some decent fa's...all i see right now are good players leaving because in my opinion, they are sick and tired of losing and can't see the light at the end of an endless tunnel.
-
I'm disappointed, but I'm not aiming it at the Browns' FO. I think the Schwartz situation could have been handled better, but if it's true that he took less money to play elsewhere, then he can go fuck himself.
I just want something to get excited about, you know? Give me something positive. Ok maybe we lost these guys, but the team will be better in *blank* area. I don't know.
Patience. Patience.
-
The dark age is upon us....
I know you guys think well yeah, thats whst its been for a few years now. But we havent seen anything. This tesm is going into the tank for the next 5-7 years. Unfortunatrly it has to happen. Maybe we'll see something on the other dide
-
Losing mentality of players leaving the building? Maybe? *clutching at straws*
-
So I don't really want to ask about any particular moves but just about your overall enthusiasm. I try to be a pretty positive guy I do realize that we went 3 and 13 with these guys last season. And collapsed the second half of the Season before.
That being said even though I realize that coach Pettine was not anybody's first choice, I like the guy and his attitude and his play like a Brown mantra. I liked Ray Farmer and his experience. I was excited about the background that Mike Holmgren brought to the team. I was excited about Hometown boy Rob Chudzinski
Now I realize the NFL is falling over themselves to praise Hue Jackson.
Maybe it's partially because I hate the Bengals, maybe it's partially because I'm not choked up by some dipshit attorney in charge of the roster, maybe partially because so far I don't have any faith in this Analytics scam with a baseball jag off at the helm, and maybe it's because I have a hard time getting behind a stupid Tennessee Hillbillies wife calling the shots but I'm finding it harder to be excited over this year's biannual remake.
I don't mean to be a negative dickhead like a lot of the guys here and I will do my best to cheer up, make excuses for our guys and hope for the best but am I alone in this feeling of disappointment?
WSS
i don't think you are being negative, i think you are being realistic...i don't believe in this analytic crap either...as far as hue jackson goes, he's going to have to prove himself...plain and simple...more importantly, he's going to have to surround himself with some really good assistant coaches to help him out...every winning coach has done that....I think we are quite aways from even having a winning season let alone making the playoffs..we are in the "we are 2yrs away from being 2yrs away mode right now....no good fa's want to come here..its been that way forever...its going to be up to the draft or next several drafts to development hopefully good players to turn this shit around, then we might get some decent fa's...all i see right now are good players leaving because in my opinion, they are sick and tired of losing and can't see the light at the end of an endless tunnel.
-
As opposed to the last 5-7 years?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
