Skip to content

Craig Robertson

The Browns Board
48 20 2.3k
  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Right....haven't we been "trying" to replace him for years now?.....isnt that why we drafted Kirksey?.....

    Everyone wants to get better, but then gets pissed when we try to replace these average to below average players.....I dont get it....

    Time to bring in fresh bodies and try to improve....and really.....does it actually matter if we lose an extra game by doing it?.....is 3-13 somehow more tolerable than 2-14?......its time to retool this team both physically and mentally

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Put on Ohio State's Pro day and chill

  • Just checking, this coming season the team will be made up of guys who couldn't start last year on a 3 and 13 team? Alrighty then

    WSS

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #25

    @westside-steve said:

    Just checking, this coming season the team will be made up of guys who couldn't start last year on a 3 and 13 team? Alrighty then

    WSS

    Why do see that as a problem when its a wonderful opportunity for young.........ah fuck it i cant polish that turd. Anyone else wanna give it a go?

  • Put on Ohio State's Pro day and chill

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @opal312 said:

    Put on Ohio State's Pro day and chill

    Draft all OSU! Bosa #2, Thomas #32 Tyvus Powell #65, Cardale in like round 4/ WTF...we could do a lot worse.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Don't forget Decker and Elflein for OL depth, Perry as a competent ILB in both run and pass [immediately better than Robinson], Tyvis Powell for slot duties, and Braxton Miller just because.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Can we draft their whole front 7?

  • Can we draft their whole front 7?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #29

    @clevfan4life said:

    Can we draft their whole front 7?

    Again, we could do a lot worse.

    Lets put it this way: Jimmy Haslam wanted to bring the Browns to Columbus for training camp.

    Instead.....lets bring Columbus to the Browns....by drafting OSU players.

  • How is this even worth a thread? Robertson didn't have any impact against the run. This undrafted FA is the definition of replacement-level, and if someone else wants to pay him money, good for him.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @unsympathetic said:

    How is this even worth a thread? Robertson didn't have any impact against the run. This undrafted FA is the definition of replacement-level, and if someone else wants to pay him money, good for him.

    I think he was our best run defender last year. The only time i saw our ilb'ers make pro quality reads on the ball and make first contact on the offensive side of los.... It was robertson. The other guys made some plays, im not saying robertson was head and shoulders above them.....but he also wasnt a starter. I would have liked to see him as the d cpt next yearband see hownthe run d was impacted

  • Right....haven't we been "trying" to replace him for years now?.....isnt that why we drafted Kirksey?.....

    Everyone wants to get better, but then gets pissed when we try to replace these average to below average players.....I dont get it....

    Time to bring in fresh bodies and try to improve....and really.....does it actually matter if we lose an extra game by doing it?.....is 3-13 somehow more tolerable than 2-14?......its time to retool this team both physically and mentally

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mudfly said:

    Time to bring in fresh bodies and try to improve....and really.....does it actually matter if we lose an extra game by doing it?.....is 3-13 somehow more tolerable than 2-14?......

    Yes, if those 3 wins are home games vs Pitt, Balt, & Cincy 🙂

  • Just checking, this coming season the team will be made up of guys who couldn't start last year on a 3 and 13 team? Alrighty then

    WSS

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    Just checking, this coming season the team will be made up of guys who couldn't start last year on a 3 and 13 team? Alrighty then

    WSS

    True Steve but when you do go 3-13 - how many guys are you already starting that shouldn't be starting anyway?

    In 2014 we started off 6-4 with a bunch of WRs that didn't start on our 2013 team that only finished 4-12. Not only that, but 2014 marked the first year Brian Hoyer won a starting QB job in training camp at age 29. Meanwhile, the Gary Barnidge we got from Carolina was a part timer at most here when we had this hope Cameron could keep playing like a Pro Bowl TE. Even though they played 2 different versions of TE - Barnidge became a more complete TE capable of either role than Cameron gave us. The Rams were 5-11 in 1998 and won the Superbowl in 1999 with the following new faces in the lineup: rookie WR Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk and former grocery bag specialist Kurt Warner filling in for injured/well paid FA Trent Green. They paid the BIG QB contract for Green but the true color of money came from Kurt Warner. They also made big mistakes betting on rewiring the character of Lawrence Phillips.

    It may seem like Risky Business but like the quote in the movie said "sometimes you just gotta say what the fuck."

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #33

    Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.

    Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...

    And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.

    And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.

    Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

    🙂

    WSS

  • Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.

    Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...

    And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.

    And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.

    Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

    🙂

    WSS

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #34

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.

    Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...

    And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.

    And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.

    Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

    🙂

    WSS

    Exactly Steve!

    If the culture has to change - let's welcome those trying to change it and their different way of doing so. Keep in mind, it isn't like last year's free agents we overpaid helped us win any more than a lot of the recent first round draft picks we invested in. That said, the FAs we haven't overpaid to bring here like Gary Barnidge and Jamie Meder remind us good help can be found while everyone else is competing to sign the bigger names/upper tier. Josh McCown wasn't bad money spent either.

    This is my 2016 theme:

    I may be old. I may be tired.

    But that doesn't mean I'm uninspired...

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #35
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    Browns already have lost 5 UFAs and could be 6th: After visiting Seattle, LB Craig Robertson now on his way to New Orleans to visit Saints.

    Browns already have lost 5 UFAs and could be 6th: After visiting Seattle, LB Craig Robertson now on his way to New Orleans to visit Saints.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #36

    he's so awful Seattle brought him to town for a talk. Now maybe they don't think he'll start for them, but to be clear this is one of the NFL's elite defensive units that expect their backups to not be a significant dropoff from their starters. What's sad about the state of affairs of our defense is that top level teams 2nd and maybe 3rd stringers could come start for the Browns.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #37

    If Seattle made him any kind of offer he should have jumped on it imo.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Is someone going to cry if Robertson leaves? Really?

  • Is someone going to cry if Robertson leaves? Really?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tour2ma said:

    Is someone going to cry if Robertson leaves? Really?

    As noted, we got Tuggle to replace him. A wash?

  • Is someone going to cry if Robertson leaves? Really?

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #40

    @tour2ma said:

    Is someone going to cry if Robertson leaves? Really?

    Not too worried to see him go.....only sorry that we wont get better at the position when he does(which is needed).....

    We seem content to let FA's go and then sign similar talent to replace them.....

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/depodesta-says-hes-heard-other-team-officials-mock-him-browns/

    "In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."

  • Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/depodesta-says-hes-heard-other-team-officials-mock-him-browns/

    "In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/depodesta-says-hes-heard-other-team-officials-mock-him-browns/

    "In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."

    Yep.....green, inexperienced, unschooled rookies......but, hey, they're smart

    How good can the analytics be without data?.....I guess we are about to find out.....