Craig Robertson
-
Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.
Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...
And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.
And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.
Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

WSS
-
Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.
Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...
And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.
And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.
Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

WSS
Oh I hear you Tommy, and I don't disagree, and maybe all of these guys we let walk out the door are bums. Maybe the two guys we picked up for similar money are Diamonds in the Rough.
Could be the team's that plunder our players for the last couple years are fools and overpaying for bad talent in which case I would expect them all to be 3 and 13 as well but...
And of course I don't want guys who would play somewhere else for less money. And of course we can probably replace anybody.
And looking on the bright side it's probably harder to go 3 and 13 than it is 5 + 11 just thanks to the luck of the draw.
Then again flip a coin, turns up heads 50 times in a row the odds are still 50/50 on the 51st flip.

WSS
Exactly Steve!
If the culture has to change - let's welcome those trying to change it and their different way of doing so. Keep in mind, it isn't like last year's free agents we overpaid helped us win any more than a lot of the recent first round draft picks we invested in. That said, the FAs we haven't overpaid to bring here like Gary Barnidge and Jamie Meder remind us good help can be found while everyone else is competing to sign the bigger names/upper tier. Josh McCown wasn't bad money spent either.
This is my 2016 theme:
I may be old. I may be tired.
But that doesn't mean I'm uninspired...
-
Browns already have lost 5 UFAs and could be 6th: After visiting Seattle, LB Craig Robertson now on his way to New Orleans to visit Saints.
-
he's so awful Seattle brought him to town for a talk. Now maybe they don't think he'll start for them, but to be clear this is one of the NFL's elite defensive units that expect their backups to not be a significant dropoff from their starters. What's sad about the state of affairs of our defense is that top level teams 2nd and maybe 3rd stringers could come start for the Browns.
-
If Seattle made him any kind of offer he should have jumped on it imo.
-
-
-
Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.
"In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."
-
Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.
"In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."
Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.
"In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."
Yep.....green, inexperienced, unschooled rookies......but, hey, they're smart
How good can the analytics be without data?.....I guess we are about to find out.....
-
Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.
"In baseball, I had a 20-year library of players and transactions and all that sort of thing that I don’t have right now, very admittedly,” he said. “As we were going through free agency this week, I was talking to some of the guys in the room and I was asking a lot of questions, but I said, I literally am not trying to lead the witness here, I truly don’t know and don’t have an opinion one way or the other. So that’s a real challenge for me, and just trying to take our mindset and bring it into football and create processes and systems around that is challenging."
Well I found this article and it's a bit concerning since he admits he does not have a huge data base to start with like he did in baseball. Very much a system in progress.
Good read, Ag... the companion, embedded one is actually a little better... better context for some of DePo's comments.
“When I was going to the Browns,” DePodesta said, “I had met with the ownership, Jimmy and Dee Haslam, and they asked me, ‘What do you want out of an owner?’ And I said, ‘Well, I’ll tell you what I don’t want."
-
Yep, liked the read. Guess I'm one that looked at the roller coaster and said immediately, "Oh Shit!!" And I'm an ex-skydiver/jumpmaster.

-
Don't know if it's been said here but he signed with the Saints.
-
Don't know if it's been said here but he signed with the Saints.
Don't know if it's been said here but he signed with the Saints.
I'm sure all the smart money just went on the Saints for the SB.
Zombo
-
Best of luck to Craig in NO...
Likeable guy that was extremely charitable in the community that filled in admirably for Dansby last month or 2 in 2014. I thought his play really improved from when his oft-maligned 2013 season where his hook zones where bullseyes to OCs. Then again, it wasn't like there was a chance it could have gotten worse anyway. He's definitely replaceable but I appreciate the efforts he put forth here.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
