Skip to content

Just Down Today

The Browns Board
13 9 1.6k
  • Thanks for sharing, Lister. Powerful videos and I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

    You're a good egg, bud.

    On the bright side, the two greatest words ever will hopefully cheer you up in a few short hours- Opening Day!

    Beanpot

  • i think i have it too. all i can say is viva la marijuana and get your educated vote on.

    screw this bipartisan American division b.s., a country divided is a country in peril.

    kudos to Dana White and the UFC for their selfless efforts in this regard. w/out their generosity and help the center (NICoE) would still be nonexistent. for those not aware the UFC ala the Intrepid Fallen Heroes fund was instrumental in raising the 64 million needed. ring announcer Michael Buffer alone silently donated $20k to the cause. between the viewers and all the fighters fighting for free that night etc they met their target. it would be nice if certain other professional sports organizations contributed in this fashion, but at least we were fortunate to have many out there taking up the slack with the UFC leading the way.

    my brother left yesterday for 12 months.....i thought this thing was on the backend.

  • i think i have it too. all i can say is viva la marijuana and get your educated vote on.

    screw this bipartisan American division b.s., a country divided is a country in peril.

    kudos to Dana White and the UFC for their selfless efforts in this regard. w/out their generosity and help the center (NICoE) would still be nonexistent. for those not aware the UFC ala the Intrepid Fallen Heroes fund was instrumental in raising the 64 million needed. ring announcer Michael Buffer alone silently donated $20k to the cause. between the viewers and all the fighters fighting for free that night etc they met their target. it would be nice if certain other professional sports organizations contributed in this fashion, but at least we were fortunate to have many out there taking up the slack with the UFC leading the way.

    my brother left yesterday for 12 months.....i thought this thing was on the backend.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    i think i have it too. all i can say is viva la marijuana and get your educated vote on.

    screw this bipartisan American division b.s., a country divided is a country in peril.

    kudos to Dana White and the UFC for their selfless efforts in this regard. w/out their generosity and help the center (NICoE) would still be nonexistent. for those not aware the UFC ala the Intrepid Fallen Heroes fund was instrumental in raising the 64 million needed. ring announcer Michael Buffer alone silently donated $20k to the cause. between the viewers and all the fighters fighting for free that night etc they met their target. it would be nice if certain other professional sports organizations contributed in this fashion, but at least we were fortunate to have many out there taking up the slack with the UFC leading the way.

    my brother left yesterday for 12 months.....i thought this thing was on the backend.

    Sorry man; I understand and if you need to vent just shoot me a message

    Beans- Thank God for baseball, our Tribe and opening day!!!!!

    To all - Sorry for this post; I wanted to delete it right after I threw it up there...I am fine; I can adjudicate this on my own

  • Cool, Lister. Everybody has ups and downs. Well, maybe a few don't have many ups, and that's too bad.

    Stress over time can take it's measure of anybody and everybody, teachers, etc.

    The military is a different bird, especially combat, I know that only from guys I knew that served in combat...

  • Sorry to bother; I have mentioned my past in service on this board of late. I don’t know if I have this condition; but I spent a good deal of my adult life in service; in that a couple of tours where I endured sustained combat duty (specifically in Iraq)…just a tough time. I try to talk to Mrs. Lister about this…but what do you really say? I don’t know…just kind of down today

    @listercat said:

    Sorry to bother; I have mentioned my past in service on this board of late. I don’t know if I have this condition; but I spent a good deal of my adult life in service; in that a couple of tours where I endured sustained combat duty (specifically in Iraq)…just a tough time. I try to talk to Mrs. Lister about this…but what do you really say? I don’t know…just kind of down today

    Dude, you're never a bother. Thanks for putting your life on the line for us. Whenever you feel down come hang out with us on the message board. If we're making you laugh or bringing back fond memories of the GREAT Cleveland Browns moments - it's the least we can do.

    Hang in there!!! BTW, how did your son make out with high school football last year? I LOVE hearing about that stuff so don't ever hesitate to post about it. There's another way to get your mind off a bad day...

    - Tom F.

  • @sisky-fringo said:

    i think i have it too. all i can say is viva la marijuana and get your educated vote on.

    screw this bipartisan American division b.s., a country divided is a country in peril.

    kudos to Dana White and the UFC for their selfless efforts in this regard. w/out their generosity and help the center (NICoE) would still be nonexistent. for those not aware the UFC ala the Intrepid Fallen Heroes fund was instrumental in raising the 64 million needed. ring announcer Michael Buffer alone silently donated $20k to the cause. between the viewers and all the fighters fighting for free that night etc they met their target. it would be nice if certain other professional sports organizations contributed in this fashion, but at least we were fortunate to have many out there taking up the slack with the UFC leading the way.

    my brother left yesterday for 12 months.....i thought this thing was on the backend.

    Sorry man; I understand and if you need to vent just shoot me a message

    Beans- Thank God for baseball, our Tribe and opening day!!!!!

    To all - Sorry for this post; I wanted to delete it right after I threw it up there...I am fine; I can adjudicate this on my own

    @listercat said:

    Sorry man; I understand and if you need to vent just shoot me a message

    thanks. i deal. as far as my brother, well he's one of the best, he'll be home. and if he's not........it's by design. our relationship here on the board will disintegrate should that day ever come. it will be an (O)abomination, or civil war for those just joining us.

    anyway, should be no worries though right? it'l fly by before we know it and i'll be ribbing him about how the cowboys ain't gonna do shit (we're not blood). lol

    btw i think of Red Dwarf every time you post. i'm a fan, thanks for that.

  • Hey buddy.....don't ever feel like you are a bother. Thanks for your service and this can be the best place to hang out when you're feeling down.

  • @listercat said:

    Sorry man; I understand and if you need to vent just shoot me a message

    thanks. i deal. as far as my brother, well he's one of the best, he'll be home. and if he's not........it's by design. our relationship here on the board will disintegrate should that day ever come. it will be an (O)abomination, or civil war for those just joining us.

    anyway, should be no worries though right? it'l fly by before we know it and i'll be ribbing him about how the cowboys ain't gonna do shit (we're not blood). lol

    btw i think of Red Dwarf every time you post. i'm a fan, thanks for that.

    @sisky-fringo said:

    thanks. i deal. as far as my brother, well he's one of the best, he'll be home. and if he's not........it's by design. our relationship here on the board will disintegrate should that day ever come. it will be an (O)abomination, or civil war for those just joining us.

    anyway, should be no worries though right? it'l fly by before we know it and i'll be ribbing him about how the cowboys ain't gonna do shit (we're not blood). lol

    btw i think of Red Dwarf every time you post. i'm a fan, thanks for that.

    @mark-o said:

    Hey buddy.....don't ever feel like you are a bother. Thanks for your service and this can be the best place to hang out when you're feeling down.

    A fellow Red Dwarf fan! Cool! I thought Listercat was better than Rimmer or Krytencat....

    Mark / Flugs - I really appreciate the kind words...for some reason I was really, really down this past Sunday lots of stuff from that time on my mind. All is good; Lister Jr is currently lifting; working out for his Senior season....should be a blast! One more time!!!

  • BTW Sisky; your brother has the focus and is in my thoughts

    even if he is a Cowgirl fan

  • Sorry to bother; I have mentioned my past in service on this board of late. I don’t know if I have this condition; but I spent a good deal of my adult life in service; in that a couple of tours where I endured sustained combat duty (specifically in Iraq)…just a tough time. I try to talk to Mrs. Lister about this…but what do you really say? I don’t know…just kind of down today

    @listercat said:

    Sorry to bother; I have mentioned my past in service on this board of late. I don’t know if I have this condition; but I spent a good deal of my adult life in service; in that a couple of tours where I endured sustained combat duty (specifically in Iraq)…just a tough time. I try to talk to Mrs. Lister about this…but what do you really say? I don’t know…just kind of down today

    [/quote

    Hang in there buddy. I am a vet from the Nam war, was with the 25th Infantry Div. in Cu Chi RVN. Had a lot of problems when I returned. I went to a VA counsler who helped alot. At least in my case, time was a healer. Good luck to you and thank you for your service. Ever want to talk, just contact me through this site. If you have problems doing that, I will give you my email address. Take care brother, Mike

  • To any and all that have laid their life on the line for my and everyone else's freedom my deepest thanks and gratitude for your service. I can't put into words my appreciation. God bless you and the rest of those who are still serving.