Skip to content

Browns release Dansby.

The Browns Board
84 29 2.7k
  • Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.

    Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.

  • but that was over the RG position, and gaps right of center. Almost never,

    because of tackle play on either side. Except for when Cam Irving went in

    at LG I think it was.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Donte Whitner, Paul Kruger, Barky Mingo....COME ON DOWN BOYS you're the next contestants on who can we get the fuck out of Cleveland sooner.

    Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.

    @mike-h said:

    Add Joe Haden and then the purge will be complete. The only problem is the cap penalty for releasing him, and the fact no one would take his contract in a trade.

    eh not so sure. I think now is the time obviously to trade him. I think he has some value. Wait another year or so and he's another 1-2 concussions deep into the protocol than obviously no

  • Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    @tour2ma said:

    Honestly? Y'all did not even have an inkling?

    No kidding. I read it on Yahoo and came here knowing that the sky would be falling. 😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    You and a couple others have finally gotten thru to me... even accepted that for a decent price, Joe is gone. Maybe both Joe's...

    Disagree, Mike... at worst I think the FO believes we have just made an even swap, so any ILB need assessment is unchanged.

    I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.

    @mike-h said:

    I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.

    Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.

    As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.

    Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.

  • Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

    @gftchris said:

    Sure. But he's a good player - we couldn't have gotten something in a trade? I'm guessing they tried, to be fair.

    Well Denver released 33 y.o. TE Owen Daniels and no one has claimed him either. It's a business.

  • @mike-h said:

    I don't believe they are comfortable with Kirksey -- a guy they didnt pick -- Davis, and Tank Carder as their corps ILB group to build around.

    Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.

    As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.

    Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.

    @tour2ma said:

    Comfortable? No... agree they are not comfortable.

    As I have said forever, a 3-4's strength has to be it's LB corps. Ours clearly was not and still is not.

    Just saying the change after swapping Davis for Dansby is not significant.

    Swapping Davis for Dansby still leaves a gap. I'm guessing they'll take a ILB in the first 4 rounds, and he'll be Davis' eventual replacement in two years, unless they bring him back. But I don't think the 2-year deal means they signed him with long-term in mind.

  • Can't argue with anything he said.

    Good Luck, Karlos, and thanks for bringing it HARD for the the Cleveland Browns.

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Linebacker Karlos Dansby told cleveland.com Wednesday the Browns are releasing him in the wake of signing inside linebacker Demario Davis.

    "Let's go get that ring,'' he told cleveland.com.

    Here are other quick highlights from Dansby, 34:

    * "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops,'' he said.

    * He said the Browns called him this morning to tell he was being released.

    * "I appreciated it because it gives me a chance to win. Let's go get that ring!,'' he said.

    * "The Browns are in a rebuild,'' he said. "This gets me closer to my destiny.''

    * He said he has 4 or 5 years left "because I take care of my body,'' he said.

    * He said his only regret is that they didn't do it two months ago so he could catch on with someone right away. "But there still a lot of teams that need my services.''

    * He said he believes other 30-year-old Browns will be released. "I told Donte Whitner 'you have to be ready for anything.''

    * He said he believes receiver Dwayne Bowe will be released soon.

    * He said he believs "the future is bright'' for third-year cornerback Justin Gilbert and that he felt he started to turn the corner last year.

    * He said Johnny Manziel remains a friend and he still believes Manziel can be successful in the NFL

    * "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender,'' said Dansby. "I'm excited. I'm getting goosebumps.''

    * He said he never viewed Cleveland as place to go and get out as fast as possible: "I wanted to try to do something there that no one had done.''

    CLE-PICK-6.gif

  • Karlos brought it hard for the browns?

  • Thank you Mr.Dansby! An outstanding pro! You can't do it by yourself. Thanks!

  • Not exactly sure what this says about Dansby or the team:

    Steve Doerschuk@sdoerschukREP
    Dansby chattiest man in Berea in 2014. Spent 2015 'open-to-media locker rooms' either absent or w/head down, facing locker stall.
  • @mudfly said:

    Dansby quote...."I bet the Bengals are licking their chops right now. Time for me to go get a ring"......arghhh

    I also heard some buzz that Whitner could be next.....

    Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.

    Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.

    Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.

    MLB = Major League Baseball?

  • The mystery continues

    @walterwhite said:

    The mystery continues

    No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.

    Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.

    Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.

  • who knows, maybe Pettine was a bigger cocksucker than we knew. It seems like the Chud firing miffed a lot of players more than was let on.

  • @walterwhite said:

    The mystery continues

    No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.

    Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.

    Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.

    @hoorta said:

    No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.

    Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.

    Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.

    the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.

  • @hoorta said:

    No mystery- it's a full nuclear detonation of the roster.

    Thing is- if it's a total rebuild, it shouldn't take 5 years to get it done.

    Will the fans stand for 0-16, because it looks like that's where we're headed. I'm calling it our slogan for this year. 0-16 for 2016.

    the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    the sad thing is that even with rookies and cast offs, they could still end up winning as many games as they did this year.

    agreed..........

  • gtfo....man o man....

    @mudfly said:

    gtfo....man o man....

    hey mud, there you are..wonderin where you have been on the music site....dansby...eh....i had him on my fantasy league a few yrs ago and he did well...he is getting older and really, he is not an impact hard hitting lb...we need a hard nosed lb...actually several of them... just my opinion..still a mystery why we let dq get away...

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    What is the market for a 34 year old linebacker? And was he really that good or just good compared to the turds around him?

    Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.

    Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Compare his statistics to that of, say, Brian Urlachers.

    Dansby has always been an upper-echelon LBer, in my eyes.

    I think our FO believes that "been" is the operative term in your statement.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I think we knew that they were talking about getting rid of their older players.

    Dansby and Whitner both fell off last year. They must think that they can do as well at MLB with the two guys they signed, Davis/Tuggle, as they could with Dansby and Robertson....and they may be right.

    MLB = Major League Baseball?

    @chicopee-john said:

    MLB = Major League Baseball?

    Middle Linebacker.

  • Dansby said, "A lot of teams are looking for linebackers right now. One of the best guys to ever play the game is on the market. That's the numbers saying it. Not me saying it, it's just the numbers."

    Well the Browns should be commended for employing a special needs adult.