Skip to content

Your favorite vocalists of all time

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
72 23 4.5k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I really love the Mavericks!

    WSS

  • I really love the Mavericks!

    WSS

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @westside-steve said:

    I really love the Mavericks!

    WSS

    Have you ever seen them live, Brother Steve? They are fantastic and play a long show to boot.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Freddy Mercury

    Bruce Dickinson

    Ray Charles

    Bob Marley

    Johnny Cash

  • @chicopee-john said:

    I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO

    I guess you have to add Patsy Cline and Lou Rawls

    For 'today's version' of Roy Orbison, you have to add Raul Malo of The Mavericks (can't wait to see Raul & the boys in June)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @chicopee-john said:

    I guess you have to add Patsy Cline and Lou Rawls

    For 'today's version' of Roy Orbison, you have to add Raul Malo of The Mavericks (can't wait to see Raul & the boys in June)

    Nice.....he sort of seems like the Country Pavarotti.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Freddy

    Perry

    Cornell

    Boyd

    Cash

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #24



    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #25

    Just some of my favorites for vocals listing my absolute favorites for each. I could name several for each, especially Joplin & Cocker:

    Janis Joplin.. Down on Me

    Joe Cocker..Delta Lady

    Larry Gatlin..Broken Lady

    Otis Redding..Dock of the Bay

    Bob Seger..Main Street

    Aretha Franklin..RESPECT.. is also right there.

    I MUST add my single all time favorite...Eric Clapton. I'm not sure he ever did a song I didn't like, whether solo or as part of a number of groups.

    Mike

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #26

    Joe Cocker - "You are so beautiful"

    anything by Garth Brooks.

    http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=220443

    Garfunkel, "so much in love"

    Merle Haggard "That's the way love goes"

    Trisha Yearwood

    Mellissa Lambert

    and my favorite singer of all time....

    Alison Krauss

    and Brad Paisley - together in a Paisley song:

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #27

    and one of my favorite songs of all time,

    by Alison Krauss and the Union Station..

    from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

    the Soggy Bottom Boys "singing" the song.

    Great movie, with George Clooney...

  • and one of my favorite songs of all time,

    by Alison Krauss and the Union Station..

    from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

    the Soggy Bottom Boys "singing" the song.

    Great movie, with George Clooney...

    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @calfoxwc said:

    and one of my favorite songs of all time,

    by Alison Krauss and the Union Station..

    from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

    the Soggy Bottom Boys "singing" the song.

    Great movie, with George Clooney...

    Cal, did you like her duet album with Robert Plant?

    FWIW, I liked it a lot

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #29

    steve perry (journey)

    jeff buckley

    nick cave (nick cave and the bad seeds)

    eileen frazier (cocteau twins and massive attack)

    clarence greenwood (citizen cope)

    ann wilson

    andrea bocelli

    erykah bahdu

    craig wedren (shudder to think)

    shawn smith (brad)

    andrew wood (mother love bone)

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Eddie Vedder

    Ian Anderson

    Layne Staley

    Sting

    Chris Cornell

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #31

    One of the greatest songs EVER recorded

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Cal, did you like her duet album with Robert Plant?



    FWIW, I liked it a lot John


    ************************************


    I did - I wouldn't have thought that duet pair would work, but


    it really did. I just think that Alison Krauss is magic. And, btw,


    Garth Brooks has a great voice.



    I'm still waiting for Steve to tell me that a duet with him and Alison Krauss is secretly


    in the works...... 🙂


  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #33

    mother love bone - chloe dancer/crown of thornes

    mother love bone, pearf jam, brad and temple of the dog.................all stone gossard bands.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Steve Perry

    Glenn Hughes

    Frank Sinatra

    Ronnie James Dio

    Rob Halford

  • @calfoxwc said:

    and one of my favorite songs of all time,

    by Alison Krauss and the Union Station..

    from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

    the Soggy Bottom Boys "singing" the song.

    Great movie, with George Clooney...

    Cal, did you like her duet album with Robert Plant?

    FWIW, I liked it a lot

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #35

    @chicopee-john said:

    Cal, did you like (Krauss') duet album with Robert Plant?

    FWIW, I liked it a lot

    Awesome pairing...

    I owe knowing this one to XM Radio's "Deep Tracks" where they had real DJs who always mixed some new music with their Classic rock deep dives.

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #36

    My eclectic 2 cents worth:

    1) Prince (first, foremost and always)

    2) Meatloaf

    3) Ted Neeley (Jesus Christ Superstar. (I have the pleasure of knowing him, amazing man and he has an amazing voice)

    4) Journey (with Steve Perry)

    5) Alice Cooper (going to see him May 17th, yay!)

    6) Dean Martin

    7) Elvis

    😎 The Beatles

    9) Buddy Holly

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #37

    Cows, good call on Ted Neeley! What a great voice.

    Saw him perform Superstar, once with Carl Anderson and once with some other guy.

    WSS

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Carl had the voice of am angel. Ted is an awesome guy all the way around. Plus he loves my pecan pies and buckeyes lol. I was never fortunate enough to meet Carl. I wish I had. But the first time they did Superstar without him it was with Corey Glover in 2006 then it was James Delisco after that. I thought James did an excellent job as Judas, almost as if he was channeling Carl, he was amazing. The last time I saw Ted was somewhere near the Natural History Museum last March when they were doing the special screenings and I got to meet Barry Dennen who was Pontius Pilot in the film and Bob Bingham who was Ciaphas. Ted was also in Quentin Tarentino's Django Unchained, the story I could tell you about that casting, lol. But Ted also has another cd fairly new called Workin' For The Words. Great stuff.