Skip to content

Your favorite vocalists of all time

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
72 23 4.5k
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Cal, did you like her duet album with Robert Plant?



    FWIW, I liked it a lot John


    ************************************


    I did - I wouldn't have thought that duet pair would work, but


    it really did. I just think that Alison Krauss is magic. And, btw,


    Garth Brooks has a great voice.



    I'm still waiting for Steve to tell me that a duet with him and Alison Krauss is secretly


    in the works...... 🙂


  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #33

    mother love bone - chloe dancer/crown of thornes

    mother love bone, pearf jam, brad and temple of the dog.................all stone gossard bands.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Steve Perry

    Glenn Hughes

    Frank Sinatra

    Ronnie James Dio

    Rob Halford

  • @calfoxwc said:

    and one of my favorite songs of all time,

    by Alison Krauss and the Union Station..

    from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

    the Soggy Bottom Boys "singing" the song.

    Great movie, with George Clooney...

    Cal, did you like her duet album with Robert Plant?

    FWIW, I liked it a lot

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #35

    @chicopee-john said:

    Cal, did you like (Krauss') duet album with Robert Plant?

    FWIW, I liked it a lot

    Awesome pairing...

    I owe knowing this one to XM Radio's "Deep Tracks" where they had real DJs who always mixed some new music with their Classic rock deep dives.

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #36

    My eclectic 2 cents worth:

    1) Prince (first, foremost and always)

    2) Meatloaf

    3) Ted Neeley (Jesus Christ Superstar. (I have the pleasure of knowing him, amazing man and he has an amazing voice)

    4) Journey (with Steve Perry)

    5) Alice Cooper (going to see him May 17th, yay!)

    6) Dean Martin

    7) Elvis

    😎 The Beatles

    9) Buddy Holly

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #37

    Cows, good call on Ted Neeley! What a great voice.

    Saw him perform Superstar, once with Carl Anderson and once with some other guy.

    WSS

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Carl had the voice of am angel. Ted is an awesome guy all the way around. Plus he loves my pecan pies and buckeyes lol. I was never fortunate enough to meet Carl. I wish I had. But the first time they did Superstar without him it was with Corey Glover in 2006 then it was James Delisco after that. I thought James did an excellent job as Judas, almost as if he was channeling Carl, he was amazing. The last time I saw Ted was somewhere near the Natural History Museum last March when they were doing the special screenings and I got to meet Barry Dennen who was Pontius Pilot in the film and Bob Bingham who was Ciaphas. Ted was also in Quentin Tarentino's Django Unchained, the story I could tell you about that casting, lol. But Ted also has another cd fairly new called Workin' For The Words. Great stuff.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I thought Barry's performance and Superstar was outstanding as well.

    Speaking of Andrew Lloyd Webber you can see Procol Harum Gary Brooker doing a bit in Evita.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #41

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You do exhibit quite a few fascist tendencies. 😁

  • mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Male - Roy Orbison

    Female - Patsy Cline

    Female - Amy Lee from Evenescense

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
    #44

    This young lady has my attention..

    Particularly the back half.. 😮

  • I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @chicopee-john said:

    I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO

    Linda has my fav female voice of all time.

    I love Bonnie for her ability to emote. For lack of a better way of putting it, you can hear her mileage in her voice.

    Couple other names I'll add:

    • James Taylor - his voice just pours over you
    • Steve Marriott - polar opposite of JT, the ultimate cigs and whiskey voice and my fav rock voice
    • Ruth Brown - lesser known jazz vocalist that jazz vocalists list
    • Tracey Thorn - "The Girl" in Everything but the girl
    • Al Green - as close to an aphrodisiac as was ever captured on vinyl
    • Joni Mitchell - better writer than vocalist, but I just can't separate the two in my fav female artist
  • mother love bone - chloe dancer/crown of thornes

    mother love bone, pearf jam, brad and temple of the dog.................all stone gossard bands.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @miktoxic said:

    mother love bone - chloe dancer/crown of thornes

    mother love bone, pearf jam, brad and temple of the dog.................all stone gossard bands.

    Scored tickets to Temple of the Dog 11/4

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Karen Carpenter

    Dio

    Jim Morrisson

    Ozzy

    Ian Gillan

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #48

    FrankAmomi said:

    Just wondering who your favorite president of all time is? It doesnt matter if you were born yet or not either.

    Hey Frank this belongs in Political Discussion.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Maybe he was asking about singing Presidents?

  • Maybe he was asking about singing Presidents?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @tour2ma said:

    Maybe he was asking about singing Presidents?

    Well it doesn't matter. I can't move the entire thread, well I can but... I'm just going to delete that one comment, no big deal.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Surely Hamilton is worth a shout?