Your favorite vocalists of all time
-
You do exhibit quite a few fascist tendencies.

-
-
-
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
I don't know that I have favorite vocalists - kind of like having a favorite flavor of ice cream I guess - but any list has to include both Linda Ronstadt and Bonnie Raitt, IMHO
Linda has my fav female voice of all time.
I love Bonnie for her ability to emote. For lack of a better way of putting it, you can hear her mileage in her voice.
Couple other names I'll add:
- James Taylor - his voice just pours over you
- Steve Marriott - polar opposite of JT, the ultimate cigs and whiskey voice and my fav rock voice
- Ruth Brown - lesser known jazz vocalist that jazz vocalists list
- Tracey Thorn - "The Girl" in Everything but the girl
- Al Green - as close to an aphrodisiac as was ever captured on vinyl
- Joni Mitchell - better writer than vocalist, but I just can't separate the two in my fav female artist
-
mother love bone - chloe dancer/crown of thornes
mother love bone, pearf jam, brad and temple of the dog.................all stone gossard bands.
-
-
Hey Frank this belongs in Political Discussion.FrankAmomi said:
Just wondering who your favorite president of all time is? It doesnt matter if you were born yet or not either.
WSS
-
-
-
Surely Hamilton is worth a shout?
-
-
-
Ben Franklin, the only President of the United States who was never president of the United States.
WSS
-
Freddy Mercury
Bob Seger
Ben Harper
Josh Homme
Thomas Giles
-
Freddy Mercury
Bob Seger
Ben Harper
Josh Homme
Thomas Giles
Freddy Mercury
Bob Seger
Ben Harper
Josh Homme
Thomas Giles
Josh homme is an interesting pick to me. I wouldn't consider him a great vocalist bUT I really like some of his stuff.
-
Another guy who I really enjoy that I think is an incredibly clever lyricist with an excellent range and sense of timing is Max Collins of Eve 6
-
And I've rediscovered a great love of David Byrne and the talking heads of late. Byrne is a weird dude but his vocals can be incredible
-
Freddy Mercury
Bob Seger
Ben Harper
Josh Homme
Thomas Giles
Josh homme is an interesting pick to me. I wouldn't consider him a great vocalist bUT I really like some of his stuff.
Josh homme is an interesting pick to me. I wouldn't consider him a great vocalist bUT I really like some of his stuff.
Yeah, for vocal talent or technical ability alone, he would never make a top 50 even, but I really dig his style. Actually, A former band member of Homme's, Mark Lannegan, would probably be more suitable for this list.
-
And talking heads kick ass
-
"Go with the flow" is a song I always crank up
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
