Skip to content

Next up in the firing line?

The Browns Board
16 12 883
  • I thought Whitner was older. Closer to Dansby's age. At 30 I think he sticks around.

  • Ahh, the Firing Line. Love me some Bill Buckley.

  • So everyone over thirty here:

    Josh McCown - 36

    Andy Lee - 33

    Tramon Williams - 33

    Joe Thomas - 32

    Gary Barnidge - 30

    Desmond Bryant - 30

    John Greco - 30

    Andrew Hawkins - 30

    Paul Kruger - 30

    Donte Whitner - 30

    Who do you see us retaining? Obviously JT won't be cut (sorry ghoolie), but might be traded. Andy Lee - not a lot of money tied up there. Josh McCown is a solid bridge QB at a reasonable salary, I think he stays. And Barnidge has just had a breakout year and is under contract at $3m a year - I think he stays. Greco is an analytics darling - not a big name, but plays like a top 10 player, on a relatively small salary. Exactly what they're after.

    Outside of those guys, I would not be shocked to see any of Williams, Bryant, Hawkins, Kruger, or Whitner cut (or I guess maybe traded if anyone is willing to part with a bag of footballs).

    Place your bets...

    @gftchris said:

    So everyone over thirty here:

    Josh McCown - 36-NO a vet for that $$--not even Kap. Bring in the true Savior Hue...

    Andy Lee - 33--HELL NO!!

    Tramon Williams - 33--NO-read poss. move to FS/S your thoughts?

    Joe Thomas - 32-NO-A top LT with young QB in near future.. ask Titians

    Gary Barnidge - 30-NO-resigned 3 years & wants to play here

    Desmond Bryant - 30-NO-played well last season& Armonty I foot outdoor & Starks gone.

    John Greco - 30-HELL NO- He's the real Erving in multi spots

    Andrew Hawkins - 30-NO-see him over Gabe. Played with Hue in Cinncy

    Paul Kruger - 30-HELL YES-Take less $$ or walk. Contract makes him untradeable.. Trade dead line to winner?

    Donte Whitner - 30-YES-He has lost deep coverage speed to get there. Take less or walk. Trade dead line to winner?

    Place your bets...

    Going all in with Green Beers, they suck 😛

  • So everyone over thirty here:

    Josh McCown - 36

    Andy Lee - 33

    Tramon Williams - 33

    Joe Thomas - 32

    Gary Barnidge - 30

    Desmond Bryant - 30

    John Greco - 30

    Andrew Hawkins - 30

    Paul Kruger - 30

    Donte Whitner - 30

    Who do you see us retaining? Obviously JT won't be cut (sorry ghoolie), but might be traded. Andy Lee - not a lot of money tied up there. Josh McCown is a solid bridge QB at a reasonable salary, I think he stays. And Barnidge has just had a breakout year and is under contract at $3m a year - I think he stays. Greco is an analytics darling - not a big name, but plays like a top 10 player, on a relatively small salary. Exactly what they're after.

    Outside of those guys, I would not be shocked to see any of Williams, Bryant, Hawkins, Kruger, or Whitner cut (or I guess maybe traded if anyone is willing to part with a bag of footballs).

    Place your bets...

    @gftchris said:

    So everyone over thirty here:

    Josh McCown - 36

    Andy Lee - 33

    Tramon Williams - 33

    Joe Thomas - 32

    Gary Barnidge - 30

    Desmond Bryant - 30

    John Greco - 30

    Andrew Hawkins - 30

    Paul Kruger - 30

    Donte Whitner - 30

    Who do you see us retaining? Obviously JT won't be cut (sorry ghoolie), but might be traded. Andy Lee - not a lot of money tied up there. Josh McCown is a solid bridge QB at a reasonable salary, I think he stays. And Barnidge has just had a breakout year and is under contract at $3m a year - I think he stays. Greco is an analytics darling - not a big name, but plays like a top 10 player, on a relatively small salary. Exactly what they're after.

    Outside of those guys, I would not be shocked to see any of Williams, Bryant, Hawkins, Kruger, or Whitner cut (or I guess maybe traded if anyone is willing to part with a bag of footballs).

    Place your bets...

    Barnidge got resigned.. Haden has a no trade clause...

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    Fixed...

  • Fixed again--------------"A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Manziel and other players indeed sensed that the coaches didn’t want Manziel."

  • Fixed again--------------"A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Manziel and other players indeed sensed that the coaches didn’t want Manziel."

    @texasag1969 said:

    Fixed again--------------"A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Manziel and other players indeed sensed that the coaches didn’t want Manziel."

    Not much of a reach there. Coaches usually do dislike lazy drunks that call them selves great.

  • I think we trade Joe Thomas, release Whitner, Kruger, Tramon, and possibly Gilbert. Wouldn't surprise me to see Gordon gone as well, either via trade or otherwise. They appear pretty serious about this "starting over" thing.

  • jiggins found my choice. I am going with Gordon as the next one.