Pasztor signed
-
-
-
So, I've got Thomas and Bitonio locked and loaded on one of the best left-sides in the league.
Greco holding down RG.
So, pre-draft, we have Bailey, Pasztor, and Erving ... one will be the center and one the right tackle, although I think Michael Bowie could compete at Tackle too.
I think if we signed Wisnewski (still out there) and let those guys compete for right tackle and depth, we'd be pretty solid up front.
And you guys that sound OK/Resigned to let JT go ... you are fucking nuts. He is the key to the whole thing with a rookie/rehabbed QB running things.
Zombo
--And then we still have the draft ... we'll be OK up front
-
Pasztor did not play poorly at all, and actually played very well in a few games. Not only that, but our running game showed up and drastically improved when Pasztor started playing. Now, I'm not saying it was ALL because of him, as we changed a bit of our running style and did more power running, but I'm sure he had something to do with it. He's physical, and apparently isn't afraid to mix it up. Welcome back.
Cam Erving...please take notes. Pasztor had a few bad plays, everyone does, but I didn't see Pasztor get his ass blown apart and fly through the air like he was in "The Matrix."
-
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
-
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
-
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Pasztor played RT in Jacksonville. I don't know about Greco.
I hope Erving can step and be our starting center, but who knows on that front.
-
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
Well, I think this year's draft is pretty deep with OL talent (I'll have to double check that), so perhaps we get a solid starter at 32. I don't think THAT many people here would go nuts, but when you have as many holes as are beloved Browns do, there's no way to plug them all in the first two rounds of a draft. Hell, there's no way to plug them all through SIX rounds. I firmly felt that we needed to keep Schwartz, and unfortunately, we'll never know exactly what happened there. Multiple sources reported that Sashi Brown pulled basically the same deal that he signed for, but Brown vehemently denies it.
We need a QB, WR, RT, CB, and lord knows what else. Too many holes. Finding a way to keep Schwartz, and Gordon coming back would've gone a long way...
-
Forgot about ole Bowie.
-
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Pasztor played RT in Jacksonville. I don't know about Greco.
I hope Erving can step and be our starting center, but who knows on that front.
Pasztor played RT in Jacksonville. I don't know about Greco.
I hope Erving can step and be our starting center, but who knows on that front.
My buddy who is a giant Jags fan said that Pasztor was pretty awful at RT thus getting the boot.
Erving would have to make a huge jump from last year to not look like complete crap.
-
I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.
-
G/OT Austin Pasztor age 25 last week given a low round tender with no comp. pick & right to 1st refusal was elected to be picked up by Browns for 1 Year 1.671M.. Active all 16 games on 301 snaps.. bleacherreport.com Welcome Back!!
G/OT Austin Pasztor age 25 last week given a low round tender with no comp. pick & right to 1st refusal was elected to be picked up by Browns for 1 Year 1.671M.. Active all 16 games on 301 snaps.. bleacherreport.com Welcome Back!!
Nice. Young guy with some experience filling in as a starter - pleasantly surprising people here. Think about where Greco was back early on in his career with the Rams for 3 years before he was traded here and spent his first year here as a backup.
I know 2-3 years ago TN paid big money to bring in FA Guard Andy Levitre; and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Consequently, they traded him to Atlanta for a 6th round pick where he led the Falcons with 11 penalties. Guess how many drives that stalls?
Anyone remember what we paid for the completely worn and torn Joe Andruzzi? Or, how about when Phil Savage overpaid Kevin Schaffer Left Tackle money in FA (Vick was left handed so LT wasn't really blind side pass pro in ATL). It only made sense Kevin's best niche here would be RT. Good run blocker. Changing from our matadors Schaffer and Andruzzi to Thomas and Steinbach on the blind side showed us impact enough for 10-6 football in 2007 (with 29 TD passes from a career backup DA) as well as 1300 yards on the ground from Jamal Lewis.
-
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Greco was an OT in college (Toledo). He hasn't played as an OT in the pros that I know of. Bito has the better OT skillset. Paztor looked "OK" in a couple starts in place of Bito.
Bowie has been so-so in a couple preseason games.
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...
If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.
-
-
So, I've got Thomas and Bitonio locked and loaded on one of the best left-sides in the league.
Greco holding down RG.
So, pre-draft, we have Bailey, Pasztor, and Erving ... one will be the center and one the right tackle, although I think Michael Bowie could compete at Tackle too.
I think if we signed Wisnewski (still out there) and let those guys compete for right tackle and depth, we'd be pretty solid up front.
And you guys that sound OK/Resigned to let JT go ... you are fucking nuts. He is the key to the whole thing with a rookie/rehabbed QB running things.
Zombo
--And then we still have the draft ... we'll be OK up front
Zombo said:
So, I've got Thomas and Bitonio locked and loaded on one of the best left-sides in the league.
Greco holding down RG.
So, pre-draft, we have Bailey, Pasztor, and Erving ... one will be the center and one the right tackle, although I think Michael Bowie could compete at Tackle too.
I think if we signed Wisnewski (still out there) and let those guys compete for right tackle and depth, we'd be pretty solid up front.
And you guys that sound OK/Resigned to let JT go ... you are fucking nuts. He is the key to the whole thing with a rookie/rehabbed QB running things.
Zombo
--And then we still have the draft ... we'll be OK up front
Agree totally.
-
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
-
The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy while product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.
WSS
-
I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.
I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.
He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?
-
The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy while product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.
WSS
The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy white product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.
WSS
There you go.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
