Skip to content

Pasztor signed

The Browns Board
57 15 1.9k
  • G/OT Austin Pasztor age 25 last week given a low round tender with no comp. pick & right to 1st refusal was elected to be picked up by Browns for 1 Year 1.671M.. Active all 16 games on 301 snaps.. bleacherreport.com Welcome Back!!

    @gumby73 said:

    G/OT Austin Pasztor age 25 last week given a low round tender with no comp. pick & right to 1st refusal was elected to be picked up by Browns for 1 Year 1.671M.. Active all 16 games on 301 snaps.. bleacherreport.com Welcome Back!!

    Nice. Young guy with some experience filling in as a starter - pleasantly surprising people here. Think about where Greco was back early on in his career with the Rams for 3 years before he was traded here and spent his first year here as a backup.

    I know 2-3 years ago TN paid big money to bring in FA Guard Andy Levitre; and they couldn't wait to get rid of him. Consequently, they traded him to Atlanta for a 6th round pick where he led the Falcons with 11 penalties. Guess how many drives that stalls?

    Anyone remember what we paid for the completely worn and torn Joe Andruzzi? Or, how about when Phil Savage overpaid Kevin Schaffer Left Tackle money in FA (Vick was left handed so LT wasn't really blind side pass pro in ATL). It only made sense Kevin's best niche here would be RT. Good run blocker. Changing from our matadors Schaffer and Andruzzi to Thomas and Steinbach on the blind side showed us impact enough for 10-6 football in 2007 (with 29 TD passes from a career backup DA) as well as 1300 yards on the ground from Jamal Lewis.

  • Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.

    Greco was an OT in college (Toledo). He hasn't played as an OT in the pros that I know of. Bito has the better OT skillset. Paztor looked "OK" in a couple starts in place of Bito.

    Bowie has been so-so in a couple preseason games.

    @gftchris said:

    I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.

    I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...

    If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.

  • We must be hard up for big plusses...

    @tour2ma said:

    We must be hard up for big plusses...

    Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.

  • So, I've got Thomas and Bitonio locked and loaded on one of the best left-sides in the league.

    Greco holding down RG.

    So, pre-draft, we have Bailey, Pasztor, and Erving ... one will be the center and one the right tackle, although I think Michael Bowie could compete at Tackle too.

    I think if we signed Wisnewski (still out there) and let those guys compete for right tackle and depth, we'd be pretty solid up front.

    And you guys that sound OK/Resigned to let JT go ... you are fucking nuts. He is the key to the whole thing with a rookie/rehabbed QB running things.

    Zombo

    --And then we still have the draft ... we'll be OK up front

    Zombo said:

    So, I've got Thomas and Bitonio locked and loaded on one of the best left-sides in the league.

    Greco holding down RG.

    So, pre-draft, we have Bailey, Pasztor, and Erving ... one will be the center and one the right tackle, although I think Michael Bowie could compete at Tackle too.

    I think if we signed Wisnewski (still out there) and let those guys compete for right tackle and depth, we'd be pretty solid up front.

    And you guys that sound OK/Resigned to let JT go ... you are fucking nuts. He is the key to the whole thing with a rookie/rehabbed QB running things.

    Zombo

    --And then we still have the draft ... we'll be OK up front

    Agree totally.

  • I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.

    @gftchris said:

    I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.

    Or in round 3....which would not be a problem for me.

  • @tour2ma said:

    We must be hard up for big plusses...

    Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.

    @the-gipper said:

    Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.

    The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy while product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.

    WSS

  • I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.

    He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.

    The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy while product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy white product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.

    WSS

    There you go.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.

    He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?

    @the-gipper said:

    He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?

    I believe he played RT as well.

  • Who cares O-line are dime a dozen , right?

  • Who cares O-line are dime a dozen , right?

    @nickers said:

    Who cares O-line are dime a dozen , right?

    Might as well go cheap if the QB is still getting smashed and they can't run the ball with the expensive guys.

  • @gftchris said:

    I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.

    Or in round 3....which would not be a problem for me.

    @the-gipper said:

    Or in round 3....which would not be a problem for me.

    Ya, round 3, maybe. After two playmakers. Let's suppose Cam Erving looks decent at the right position (not guard) ... are we really worse off than most teams on the OL with a HOF at LT, young stud at LG, seasoned pro at RG, and first round talent competing for one of two open spots?

    Z

  • Who cares O-line are dime a dozen , right?

    @nickers said:

    Who cares O-line are dime a dozen , right?

    Apparently if the regime is planning on switching an okay guard to right tackle and a failed guard to Center.

    After shitcanning a good center and a good right tackle.

    WSS

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.

    Greco was an OT in college (Toledo). He hasn't played as an OT in the pros that I know of. Bito has the better OT skillset. Paztor looked "OK" in a couple starts in place of Bito.

    Bowie has been so-so in a couple preseason games.

    @gftchris said:

    I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.

    I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...

    If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.

    @tour2ma said:

    I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...

    If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.

    If any of this happens & we finally draft a WR, I will hunt Farmer down 😁

  • I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.

    I like Pasztor, and he's physical. He and Bitonio are our two most physical players, and if Cam can improve his play, we may be alright.

  • Pasztor is a good signing. Now they just have to gel as a line and Cam has to come through as the center with Greco being a C/G backup.

  • can he throw the football?

  • I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.

    I like Pasztor, and he's physical. He and Bitonio are our two most physical players, and if Cam can improve his play, we may be alright.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.

    Could? Sure, but it's not likely.

    Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.

    Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.

    Could? Sure, but it's not likely.

    Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.

    Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240

    @tour2ma said:

    Could? Sure, but it's not likely.

    Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.

    Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240

    With that, why did we make him a mid first round pick?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.

    Could? Sure, but it's not likely.

    Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.

    Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240

    @tour2ma said:

    Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.

    Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240

    Just adding to my total confusion on Cam Erving. The man has got to get stronger? but man can pump 30 on bench at combine. Your least resistance says a RT. But most assume his Tackle days are likely over? No way I see him at C getting bull rushed by Huge NT's. That only leaves G & Greco sliding to C (pending draft or Wiz) & IMO Pasztor is our best option over Cam at G? I think Bailey/Bowie fight out RT. Can we bench Cam now, please 🤔?