Pasztor signed
-
The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy while product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.Its an analytics thing I guess. Lower rated, lower cost player that may produce just as well as his higher rated higher paid counterpart that was allowed to leave. That is the theory, I think.
WSS
The consumer reports rule? Product a might rate a 91 but not be considered a Best Buy white product B which is rated at 85 but cost much less.
WSS
There you go.
-
I forgot Alvin Bailey was signed.
He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?
He is listed as a Guard. But can he play center of tackle?
I believe he played RT as well.
-
-
Or in round 3....which would not be a problem for me.
Ya, round 3, maybe. After two playmakers. Let's suppose Cam Erving looks decent at the right position (not guard) ... are we really worse off than most teams on the OL with a HOF at LT, young stud at LG, seasoned pro at RG, and first round talent competing for one of two open spots?
Z
-
-
Has Greco ever played RT? Pasztor could play RG then it would just be a matter of replacing Center.
Greco was an OT in college (Toledo). He hasn't played as an OT in the pros that I know of. Bito has the better OT skillset. Paztor looked "OK" in a couple starts in place of Bito.
Bowie has been so-so in a couple preseason games.
I can see us taking a RT at #32. And I can see 90% of board members losing their shit about it.
I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...
If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.
I doubt this only because I see the top five going in the 1st round, but it's possible one of either Decker or Spriggs could fall to 32. Either would be a very nice pick there, but Decker would be a steal IMO...
If neither is there, I'd see a trade down of maybe 10 spots. Add a 3rd Rnd pick and still be in position to nab Nick Martin who immediately steps in at Center.
If any of this happens & we finally draft a WR, I will hunt Farmer down

-
I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.
I like Pasztor, and he's physical. He and Bitonio are our two most physical players, and if Cam can improve his play, we may be alright.
-
Pasztor is a good signing. Now they just have to gel as a line and Cam has to come through as the center with Greco being a C/G backup.
-
I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.
I like Pasztor, and he's physical. He and Bitonio are our two most physical players, and if Cam can improve his play, we may be alright.
I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.
Could? Sure, but it's not likely.
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
-
I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.
Could? Sure, but it's not likely.
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
Could? Sure, but it's not likely.
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
With that, why did we make him a mid first round pick?
-
I think a lot of our offensive line play will depend on the play of Cam Erving. He's an FSU boy, and it hurt me to see his play last year, but I do know he's a hard worker, and perhaps a year in the weight room will drastically change his physicality. That, and switching to the position he was SUPPOSED to play could mean he's better than we think.
Could? Sure, but it's not likely.
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
Just adding to my total confusion on Cam Erving. The man has got to get stronger? but man can pump 30 on bench at combine. Your least resistance says a RT. But most assume his Tackle days are likely over? No way I see him at C getting bull rushed by Huge NT's. That only leaves G & Greco sliding to C (pending draft or Wiz) & IMO Pasztor is our best option over Cam at G? I think Bailey/Bowie fight out RT. Can we bench Cam now, please
? -
Could? Sure, but it's not likely.
Again, have to say I see his path of least resistance ending up at RT.
Weaknesses High-cut with tapered lower body, lacking power in legs. Pops straight up in pass rush. Susceptible to bull rush. Had issues handling the edge speed of Clemson's Vic Beasley in 2014 and his days of playing tackle are likely over. Relies on lean rather than hip thrust to generate power. Taught to absorb and control as a pass protector and needs to establish more pop in punch.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cameron-erving?id=2552240
With that, why did we make him a mid first round pick?
With that, why did we make him a mid first round pick?
Because Farmer thought scouts were kids who tied fancy knots to get merit badges.
-
Wiz is 27. I bet they want to draft their center.
-
Wiz is 27. I bet they want to draft their center.
I wouldn't be shocked by this at all.
-
RG3 will need all the help he can get. Hell any QB who plays for the Browns needs some help. How about trading the number 2 for draft picks? Do we have any wide receivers? Farmer let most of them go. Willie Snead could have helped, we don't have Benjamin. We need wide receivers!
-
If anything Greco might secure the RT spot and move to C if emergency arises.
-
Wiz is 27. I bet they want to draft their center.
Then please let it be Martin...
If anything Greco might secure the RT spot and move to C if emergency arises.
Possible, but Bito moves better...
Bito to RT...
Draft Martin to play Center in the 2nd...
Draft Dahl to play LG with a Comp 4th...
QED
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login