RG3 Signs with the Browns
-
Ok guys, I don't think this is worth "starting a new RG III thread" over, but let's have your predictions of his upcoming season. I guess I'll go first.
My hopeful year: RG III wins the starting job and plays well enough for us to be competitive. For those who don't know, our Browns get the benefit of beginning the season with 5 of our first 7 games ON THE ROAD, and our two home games against the Ravens and Patriots (the game Brady comes back from suspension. Awesome". So I don't foresee RG III playing competitively as equaling a ton of wins, but playing well to keep us in most games would be terrific. How about RG III plays 15 out of 16 games (one game missed with injury), and his numbers hopefully are something like: 22 passing tds, 4 rushing tds, 3100 yards passing, and 12 INT's.
The OTHER scenario: RG III "wins the starting job", but there is much controversy regarding the decision, as McCown puts up better numbers in the preseason and looks better in camp. RG III doesn't make quick decisions, and fails to push the ball downfield to our WR's (who may or may not be getting open). After an 0-5 start, Hue Jackson has no choice but to bench the guy, and Josh comes in for the foreseeable future.
I don't think there is much wiggle room, and I don't think there is a third option. Either RG III plays well enough to warrant his starting status, or he completely tanks. I don't think there is an option where RG III "comes out smoking and takes the league by storm". I believe it'll be either of these two scenarios previously listed.
-
Ok guys, I don't think this is worth "starting a new RG III thread" over, but let's have your predictions of his upcoming season. I guess I'll go first.
My hopeful year: RG III wins the starting job and plays well enough for us to be competitive. For those who don't know, our Browns get the benefit of beginning the season with 5 of our first 7 games ON THE ROAD, and our two home games against the Ravens and Patriots (the game Brady comes back from suspension. Awesome". So I don't foresee RG III playing competitively as equaling a ton of wins, but playing well to keep us in most games would be terrific. How about RG III plays 15 out of 16 games (one game missed with injury), and his numbers hopefully are something like: 22 passing tds, 4 rushing tds, 3100 yards passing, and 12 INT's.
The OTHER scenario: RG III "wins the starting job", but there is much controversy regarding the decision, as McCown puts up better numbers in the preseason and looks better in camp. RG III doesn't make quick decisions, and fails to push the ball downfield to our WR's (who may or may not be getting open). After an 0-5 start, Hue Jackson has no choice but to bench the guy, and Josh comes in for the foreseeable future.
I don't think there is much wiggle room, and I don't think there is a third option. Either RG III plays well enough to warrant his starting status, or he completely tanks. I don't think there is an option where RG III "comes out smoking and takes the league by storm". I believe it'll be either of these two scenarios previously listed.
Ok guys, I don't think this is worth "starting a new RG III thread" over, but let's have your predictions of his upcoming season. I guess I'll go first.
My hopeful year: RG II:
stays upright and healthy.
-
Jiggy, option 3 Hue cans Josh McCown before the season starts so as not to cause his boy any anxiety like Johnny did to Brian Hoyer.
WSS
-
-
-

As of tomorrow RG3 was named a Brown 4 months ago. Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions. But shortly things will really start to come into focus..(so has RG3 teammates) Make your final claim now. We all know it starts at QB position. Did Hue Jackson get his right guy,with Goff off the board? No Pressure, No Diamonds..
Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.
Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.
Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...
-
Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.
Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.
Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...
-
I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.
At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.
He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.
-
-
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.
At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.
At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.
Not a thing wrong with that if you have the players to get it done....and I think we do.
Griffin to Gordon....can they strike again:
-
-
Zombo said:
I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.
Z
Yeah that's never happened around this place before...
WSS
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.
He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.
He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.
RG3 fuck your boyfriend?
-
It's easier to be negative. He's just following his lazy streak.
-
-
He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.
RG3 fuck your boyfriend?
RG3 fuck your boyfriend?
I normally hate this, but not this time.
-
RG3, Flash, Corey, Gary, Duke and Isaiah. for once i have more faith in the Browns playmakers than i do the line.
if the o line plays well i predict this team will overachieve.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login