Skip to content

RG3 Signs with the Browns

Locked The Browns Board
457 66 17.1k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Jiggy, option 3 Hue cans Josh McCown before the season starts so as not to cause his boy any anxiety like Johnny did to Brian Hoyer.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

  • If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

    LOL We gonna have the three Bs Baylor Bros. RG, Josh, and Coleman. Griffin, Gordon, and Coleman. Sounds like a law firm.

  • @the-gipper said:

    e3f3664ecbfbe219c170189e4a9ad078.jpg

    As of tomorrow RG3 was named a Brown 4 months ago. Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions. But shortly things will really start to come into focus..(so has RG3 teammates) Make your final claim now. We all know it starts at QB position. Did Hue Jackson get his right guy,with Goff off the board? No Pressure, No Diamonds..

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.

    Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.

    Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

  • @gumby73 said:

    Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.

    Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.

    Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

    Not so fast our friend. We don't play like Cincinnati we play like Cleveland..Hue gotta believe Hue won't put him in AFC?? I'd hold that deck of cards for now..

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

  • I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.

  • I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.

  • If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    If RG3 can't handle McC behind him, that's something I'd like to know...

    Well his football psyche is somewhat suspect isn't it?

    WSS

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by

    I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.

    Z

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @gftchris said:

    At least half of his yards will probably come on screens to Johnson, Coleman and Gordon. The Hue Jackson offense - run it often and get the ball out quick to your playmakers, and let them make plays.

    Not a thing wrong with that if you have the players to get it done....and I think we do.

    Griffin to Gordon....can they strike again:

  • I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    I smell desperation...

    Zombo said:

    I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.

    Which one is Waldorf?

  • I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.

    Z

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    I feel like the two old Muppets up in the theatre box just crashed this thread.

    Z

    Yeah that's never happened around this place before...

    WSS

  • One Post From the Truth said:

    I can't wait until RG3 lights em up this year. The "I told you so's" will be thrown.

    He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.

    RG3 fuck your boyfriend?

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    It's easier to be negative. He's just following his lazy streak.

  • It's easier to be negative. He's just following his lazy streak.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    One Post From the Truth said:

    It's easier to be negative lazy. He's just following his lazy negative streak.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He'll light em up from the stretcher as he is being taken out of the game maybe.

    RG3 fuck your boyfriend?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    RG3 fuck your boyfriend?

    I normally hate this, but not this time.

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by

    RG3, Flash, Corey, Gary, Duke and Isaiah. for once i have more faith in the Browns playmakers than i do the line.

    if the o line plays well i predict this team will overachieve.

  • RG3, Flash, Corey, Gary, Duke and Isaiah. for once i have more faith in the Browns playmakers than i do the line.

    if the o line plays well i predict this team will overachieve.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sisky-fringo said:

    RG3, Flash, Corey, Gary, Duke and Isaiah. for once i have more faith in the Browns playmakers than i do the line.

    if the o line plays well i predict this team will overachieve.

    Wishful thinking. But I wish the same.

  • Jiggy, option 3 Hue cans Josh McCown before the season starts so as not to cause his boy any anxiety like Johnny did to Brian Hoyer.

    WSS

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Jiggy, option 3 Hue cans Josh McCown before the season starts so as not to cause his boy any anxiety like Johnny did to Brian Hoyer.

    WSS

    Steve, I'm afraid you're right, but I can see advantages of both sides. Keeping McCown obviously provides us with a "safety blanket" in case of RG III injury or ineffectiveness, and fans and coaches probably have a good feel for what McCown can provide. Many people I've talked to think RG III will have his hands full just WINNING the starting gig, as Josh is uber competitive and is somehow playing the best ball of his career. Yes, he holds onto the ball too long and he's FAR from perfect, but he's still pretty quick and has a solid arm. He's also able to digest NFL offenses quickly and players like him.

    We all know this isn't going to be an "even QB competition", and Toni Grossi recently reported that camp will start with RG III receiving 80% of the starting reps. If true, that tells us that the competition isn't fair to begin with. But should RG III falter, like MANY of the NFL pundits believe, Josh will be there to step in and start for us. However, I have also read that there is a thought that McCown won't be on our final roster come week 1. Either by trade or cut, people feel like McCown won't give us what we need and our team will be treading water. I can't really envision a scenario where we cut or trade McCown at THIS point. Not unless Cody blows up or RG III plays well above expected. It's not like he's expensive, and if RG III can't cut the mustard with Josh right behind him, is he really the guy for us?

    I also read another tidbit that basically said "not to sleep on Cody Kessler starting this season", but I think that's total crap. I don't believe for one second that our scouting guys and coaches saw a QB worthy of starting NFL games in his first year that nobody else saw. We drafted him in the 3rd round, ahead of just about where every single guru had him going, and I'd eat my shoes if Cody started ahead of either RG III or McCown.

    I desperately want to see RG III start the season and be effective. It would be terrific for our franchise to FINALLY have "the guy", and it'd be a great story of redemption. RG III is also VERY quick, and his mobility could be an awesome weapon...especially in the red zone.