Skip to content

RG3 Signs with the Browns

Locked The Browns Board
457 66 17.1k
  • From all the mocks it looks like Kaaya is going to be our guy.

    Watson will probably go to SF earlier than our second pick in the first.

    I'm completely a fan of taking Garrett if we have the #1 overall because you simply can't pass on that kind of talent, and the Iggles pick will be high enough to get Kaaya.

    But we could possibly trade with the 49ers to get Watson.. that would be interesting.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    From all the mocks it looks like Kaaya is going to be our guy.

    Watson will probably go to SF earlier than our second pick in the first.

    I'm completely a fan of taking Garrett if we have the #1 overall because you simply can't pass on that kind of talent, and the Iggles pick will be high enough to get Kaaya.

    But we could possibly trade with the 49ers to get Watson.. that would be interesting.

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Enjoyed reviewing the old opinions.

    Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.

    Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Me, too... did not take the time earlier, but just did. Lot of bleed-over Wentz-backing noted that has turned into edible Crow.

    Not ready to place a bet yet on RG, but still feel McC has a great chance to be traded once camp/pre-season QB injuries start mounting up...

    **********************

    What? Because he probably won't be starting in Philly?

    He had the best numbets in training camp so far.... and he is a rookie.

    https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/07/carson_wentz_sam_bradford_report_card_from_day_5_o.html#10

  • @unsympathetic said:

    From all the mocks it looks like Kaaya is going to be our guy.

    Watson will probably go to SF earlier than our second pick in the first.

    I'm completely a fan of taking Garrett if we have the #1 overall because you simply can't pass on that kind of talent, and the Iggles pick will be high enough to get Kaaya.

    But we could possibly trade with the 49ers to get Watson.. that would be interesting.

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    Yeah I don't get it. He was nothing special in every game I watched the U play.

  • C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by

    Luke Falk

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    List of QBs in the next class isn't very compelling. I've already confirmed with Tour that none of them know how to go to their second read.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    From all the mocks it looks like Kaaya is going to be our guy.

    Watson will probably go to SF earlier than our second pick in the first.

    I'm completely a fan of taking Garrett if we have the #1 overall because you simply can't pass on that kind of talent, and the Iggles pick will be high enough to get Kaaya.

    But we could possibly trade with the 49ers to get Watson.. that would be interesting.

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    I literally know nothing about him. Had not even heard his name until a few days ago. I guess I don't remember watching any Miami Games this past year.

    So....he doesn't do anything to make you forget Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar, eh?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    Yeah I don't get it. He was nothing special in every game I watched the U play.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah I don't get it. He was nothing special in every game I watched the U play.

    His first half against FSU is almost unwatchable.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Kaaya is absolute garbage. The fact that he's being touted as possibly the top QB in this draft is hilarious to me.

    I literally know nothing about him. Had not even heard his name until a few days ago. I guess I don't remember watching any Miami Games this past year.

    So....he doesn't do anything to make you forget Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar, eh?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I literally know nothing about him. Had not even heard his name until a few days ago. I guess I don't remember watching any Miami Games this past year.

    So....he doesn't do anything to make you forget Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar, eh?

    He's so bad he almost makes me forget they existed.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    My boys made him look REALLY bad. hehehehe

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

  • Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    Here we go again. "Rebuild be damned! We have the roster to win NOW! Start the best players with no regard for the future!!"

  • Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    Losing, surrender way of thinking.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    We sink or swim with RG3. Nothing against McCown at all, it's just that RG3 is 27 and has something to prove. Keep McCown as the backup, hopefully Kessler outplays Davis.

  • Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I can really make the case for starting Josh McCown. I'm not saying it's the RIGHT thing to do, but there is some precedent for starting an "experienced" (ok...OLD) QB and getting decent results, if only for a couple of years. Should RG III falter, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Hue Jackson will go to McCown, and may go to him rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have RG III play well and be the guy for years to come, but I also know the odds are against that. I mean, if only our Browns thought that RG III could be a starter, that tells me something is wrong right there.

    But the more I look at our offensive roster, the more I start to see some talent there. I'm not saying we're "loaded" or anything stupid like that, but before the draft I remember thinking, "Who the hell is going to score the ball?" Crow apparently is in tremendous shape and has looked strong early in camp. Duke had a solid rookie season catching the ball, and apparently Terrell Pryor is no longer trying to switch to receiver, he's actually making plays just about every day. Sprinkle in a guy named Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Higgins, and Gary Barnidge...and the cupboard doesn't appear to be as bare as I once believed. The point of this rambling is, would our weapons be better served playing with a QB who somehow is playing his best ball in his late 30's?

    Obviously, nobody knows the answer to this question, but it's pretty interesting to ponder. I think there is a comfort to playing McCown, and it's entirely possible that he could play better than he did last season under the schooling of a proven offensive mind. Afterall, I've read multiple articles stating how Hue Jackson has worked miracles with other QB's, and how he could do it with RG III...but none of those articles said one word on how Hue could affect Josh McCown's performance.

    I think it's safe to say that RG III is going to have every chance to win the job, but the more I think about it, the more I could very easily see the crafty McCown working his way back under center. I would very much LOVE to see RG III succeed, but McCown just doesn't seem to age and both the players and the coaches love the guy.

    What about if we were to hypothetically go get Nick Foles?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

  • Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    I would take the absurd year as the anomaly. His second year in Philly and the year in St Louis were abysmal.

  • Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    Cool, just checking to see if you were consistent haha. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who are like "fuck RG3, he's washed up and garbage, we should get Foles" when they have decently similar performance arcs.

  • Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    Same could be said about Griffin. Did defensive coordinators figure him out? Sort of like our own Derek Anderson- who turned out to be a one trick pony with only a fastball, with no changeup.

  • Nick Foles interests me, but I would want to know more about exactly why his play deteriorated so drastically. I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I mean, he had an absurd year, and then essentially crumpled apart. And why did he get cut at this point of the season? Why not see what the kid can do in camp and then the preseason? This tells me that Foles has something wrong with his game and just isn't showing the coaches what they need to see. Is there an injury? Did he lose his passion? Not sure what it is, but something is wrong with Mr. Foles.

    @hoorta said:

    Did defensive coordinators figure him out?

    Its always about great coaching. Hell we even gave them blue tablets on sidelines to assist them with on the field adjustments. Was Andrew Luck's bad last season to blame on his injuries(most think)/bad OL/WR's or our coaches seeing tendencies in his game tape? We shall see. Watch the good D coaches as they won't let a QB roll to QB strong side anymore.(that's how Denver ate up Brady). It could be as simple as formations or tightening of the gloves that gives the defense a advantage in knowing whats coming..As for Foles, I think the tape monsters have figured him out..You can't tunnel vision one side of the field,especially your strong side..

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    You go and you get talent - end of story. You don't fall ass backwards into a QB unless you're Bill Belichick. You don't luck your way into a mid round guy becoming your franchise savior.

    You go an you get talent. We went and we got talent. If he doesn't work, we go and we get more talent. The end.

    If Griffin flames out (looks like Kessler may be another Colt McCoy) The Browns have all the ammunition they need next year to draft their quarterback. Their first, the Eagles first, and the Titans second.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    If Griffin flames out (looks like Kessler may be another Colt McCoy) The Browns have all the ammunition they need next year to draft their quarterback. Their first, the Eagles first, and the Titans second.

    If Griffin Flames out our first should be enough by itself...

    WSS