Skip to content

Just cuz...

Political Discussion
40 15 1.4k
  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I goof on everyone, left or right.

    Oh, I know, it wasn't directed at you, just that the left does it so often, and jblu's op is offensive. I mean, the left tends to

    go freaking irate if you complain about Muslims, even only the extremist Muslims. They think it isn't "fair".

    But, they are right there to criticize/ridicule/offend Christians.

    You see jblu posting anything about Mohammed? Nope. woody? nope. Do you see anyone here with spiritual beliefs

    ridiculing non-believers? Ever?

    But generally, liberals can't stand anything that isn't them, that is mainstream. They always have to be fighting windmills.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, I know, it wasn't directed at you, just that the left does it so often, and jblu's op is offensive. I mean, the left tends to

    go freaking irate if you complain about Muslims, even only the extremist Muslims. They think it isn't "fair".

    But, they are right there to criticize/ridicule/offend Christians.

    You see jblu posting anything about Mohammed? Nope. woody? nope. Do you see anyone here with spiritual beliefs

    ridiculing non-believers? Ever?

    But generally, liberals can't stand anything that isn't them, that is mainstream. They always have to be fighting windmills.

    Are any of you Muslim?

    Are the majority of Americans?

    Does Islam have a giant influence on our country?

    Christianity is picked on for those reasons. That doesn't mean anyone is endorsing Islam. (though I know you prefer the whole black and white thing)

  • It happens on both sides. Some atheists don't care, some people of faith don't care about the atheists. Some atheists think everybody who's religious is a dumb sheep, some people of faith shout and yell the same things.


    Personally - I'm more agnostic, maybe with a little faith that there's some higher power. The only thing that bothers me is when christians, muslims, jews, or whatever other religion deny evidence that they disagree with. Like choosing not to teach your kids about evolution and such I'm not OK with. You can choose to be ignorant, but at least let your kids learn about the theory and see the evidence for themselves.EDW


    *****************************************************


    Apparently, some atheists on the board don't care about offending Christians. But, denying evidence they don't agree with?


    Why do liberals get to decide WHAT evidence is valid? Besides that, I do agree with you with teaching kids about


    evolution. But not at the chosen expense of teaching about Creation. Creation exists, too. Oddly, you libs want to get


    to choose what beliefs/theories get taught, and which ones are not. Why not teach both, and let the kids decide


    for themselves? But no, liberals hate self-determination/self-actualization, because they want to control what gets


    self-determined and self-actualized. There's plenty of evidence supporting Biblical events. Liberals hate that possibility.



    @calfoxwc said:

    It happens on both sides. Some atheists don't care, some people of faith don't care about the atheists. Some atheists think everybody who's religious is a dumb sheep, some people of faith shout and yell the same things.

    Personally - I'm more agnostic, maybe with a little faith that there's some higher power. The only thing that bothers me is when christians, muslims, jews, or whatever other religion deny evidence that they disagree with. Like choosing not to teach your kids about evolution and such I'm not OK with. You can choose to be ignorant, but at least let your kids learn about the theory and see the evidence for themselves.EDW

    *****************************************************

    Apparently, some atheists on the board don't care about offending Christians. But, denying evidence they don't agree with?

    Why do liberals get to decide WHAT evidence is valid? Besides that, I do agree with you with teaching kids about

    evolution. But not at the chosen expense of teaching about Creation. Creation exists, too. Oddly, you libs want to get

    to choose what beliefs/theories get taught, and which ones are not. Why not teach both, and let the kids decide

    for themselves? But no, liberals hate self-determination/self-actualization, because they want to control what gets

    self-determined and self-actualized. There's plenty of evidence supporting Biblical events. Liberals hate that possibility.

    Liberals didn't decide what evidence was valid. The scientific method did

    I'm for teaching science in science class

  • The scientific method says to study without bias. When have liberals ever done that?

  • "Jesus is the only guy who rose from the dead who didn't scare the FUCK out of everyone." ----Sam Kinison

  • The scientific method says to study without bias. When have liberals ever done that?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    The scientific method says to study without bias. When have liberals ever done that?

    when have conservatives ever done that?
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Does anyone on here know when a major Muslim holiday is? 149

    ****************************

    If I understand correctly... Osiris does....

    The next major holiday for Muslims will be the first one I have ever heard of

    @browns149 said:

    The next major holiday for Muslims will be the first one I have ever heard of

    You've never heard of Ramadan?

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I goof on everyone, left or right.

    Oh, I know, it wasn't directed at you, just that the left does it so often, and jblu's op is offensive. I mean, the left tends to

    go freaking irate if you complain about Muslims, even only the extremist Muslims. They think it isn't "fair".

    But, they are right there to criticize/ridicule/offend Christians.

    You see jblu posting anything about Mohammed? Nope. woody? nope. Do you see anyone here with spiritual beliefs

    ridiculing non-believers? Ever?

    But generally, liberals can't stand anything that isn't them, that is mainstream. They always have to be fighting windmills.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, I know, it wasn't directed at you, just that the left does it so often, and jblu's op is offensive. I mean, the left tends to

    go freaking irate if you complain about Muslims, even only the extremist Muslims. They think it isn't "fair".

    But, they are right there to criticize/ridicule/offend Christians.

    You see jblu posting anything about Mohammed? Nope. woody? nope. Do you see anyone here with spiritual beliefs

    ridiculing non-believers? Ever?

    But generally, liberals can't stand anything that isn't them, that is mainstream. They always have to be fighting windmills.

    Most left sources that act that way are terrified of retribution from muslims but too scared to admit out loud that is why they won't tread on Islam.

  • @browns149 said:

    The next major holiday for Muslims will be the first one I have ever heard of

    You've never heard of Ramadan?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You've never heard of Ramadan?

    I would guess most people have heard that word, but most people have no idea what it means

    It's not like Christmas or Easter where almost everyone knows what they mean

  • If I'm not mistaken it's also a period of fasting and atonement. Not really a big party so I think there's a celebration after Ramadan.

    WSS

  • That they get children to behead Christians and put it on the web?

  • That they get children to behead Christians and put it on the web?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That they get children to behead Christians and put it on the web?

    seems like they don't need a holiday to do that
  • @calfoxwc said:

    Oh, I know, it wasn't directed at you, just that the left does it so often, and jblu's op is offensive. I mean, the left tends to

    go freaking irate if you complain about Muslims, even only the extremist Muslims. They think it isn't "fair".

    But, they are right there to criticize/ridicule/offend Christians.

    You see jblu posting anything about Mohammed? Nope. woody? nope. Do you see anyone here with spiritual beliefs

    ridiculing non-believers? Ever?

    But generally, liberals can't stand anything that isn't them, that is mainstream. They always have to be fighting windmills.

    Most left sources that act that way are terrified of retribution from muslims but too scared to admit out loud that is why they won't tread on Islam.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Most left sources that act that way are terrified of retribution from muslims but too scared to admit out loud that is why they won't tread on Islam.

    That probably plays a factor in some cases

    But if you were going to poke fun at / critique a religion, it would make sense to use the one you are most familiar with and the one most prevalent in your country. If you're from the US, that means Christianity.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Most left sources that act that way are terrified of retribution from muslims but too scared to admit out loud that is why they won't tread on Islam.

    That probably plays a factor in some cases

    But if you were going to poke fun at / critique a religion, it would make sense to use the one you are most familiar with and the one most prevalent in your country. If you're from the US, that means Christianity.

    @mld-woody said:

    That probably plays a factor in some cases

    But if you were going to poke fun at / critique a religion, it would make sense to use the one you are most familiar with and the one most prevalent in your country. If you're from the US, that means Christianity.

    The butthole puckering from audiences on shows like Real Time when Islam catches static like every other religion makes me think it isn't just that Americans are most familiar with Christianity.