Skip to content

What is success for you in the 2016 season?

The Browns Board
50 29 1.8k
  • There is a lot of interesting talk on the forums about trades, potential draft picks, the continuing saga of the revolving door front office, and so on, but it got me to wondering--what would success for 2016 look like to the fans who come here year in and year out?

    I'm sure we can all agree that a super bowl victory, an AFC championship title, getting into the post-season, or just getting over 0.500 in the win-loss column could all justifiably be considered success right now for the Browns. But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

  • Beat Pittsburgh.

    Go at least 7-9

    Have a 1000 yd RB

    Have a top 10 defense

  • Getting their qb at 2. There is no more revolving door, I believe. Hue is the Guy.

    Which means, I look forward to success being - the players are all on board, all in,

    believe in where they are going. That right there should? be at least a few more wins

    that last season. Lost, wrong hc's lead to lost, unemotional teams.

    No more. Should be rockin come the regular season, with a team that believes

    in their coaches now. and at least splitting with pittspuke.

  • 1-15

  • Playing better as the season progresses. I don't have a record in mind but I think that even with rebuilding and coaching up rookies that they will finish with more than 3 wins.

  • Progress. Be a better team in week 17 than in week 1. Don't get blown out every other game. Give us optimism that the players we've picked over the next draft and the last couple, along with the current coaching staff and FO are the ones that are going to get things right.

    In terms of record, as long as I see those things, I will be happy. As long as we don't get humiliated in the division.

  • I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

    But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

    Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

  • I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

    But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

    Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

    @bbedward said:

    I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

    But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

    Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

    Ten picks - if we can get 5 quality players from those picks in the top 100 or so, that'd be swell. Plus picking up maybe one or two of those 'undervalued' positions, like a top full back or ST guy later on.

  • Success in the draft for one person could mean a crap draft to another .....so many players in all positions are rated so differently ....... someone could be high on one persons board but nowhere on another persons ......only board that matters tho is Sashi's and I hope to fuck its the right one

  • success next season is putting something young and at least modestly competitive on the field next year. I hope Hue just opens up the playbook. Who cares about losing just go for broke and really see what we've got at some of the key skill positions. Defensively I don't care where we are in any category except one...run defense. I want to see us somewhere in the range of 20th in run defense. Why? Cause we're evidently still retaining a lot of these guys so they're not rooks, buckle down and have some pride.

  • There is a lot of interesting talk on the forums about trades, potential draft picks, the continuing saga of the revolving door front office, and so on, but it got me to wondering--what would success for 2016 look like to the fans who come here year in and year out?

    I'm sure we can all agree that a super bowl victory, an AFC championship title, getting into the post-season, or just getting over 0.500 in the win-loss column could all justifiably be considered success right now for the Browns. But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

    @tinythinker said:

    But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

    Small victories will be the only ones on the menu in 2016. I'll get back with specicifcs after the draft and UDFA period.

  • I was pissed off at Brady Quinn for holding out and thought he did himself and the team irreparable damage. I vowed he wasn't going to be my guy until he beat the Steelers.

    WSS

  • I think Al Davis said it best: Just Win Baby.

  • Anything better than 0-16 is a bonus. Play respectable, don't get blown out. Finally get our franchise quarterback in the draft.

  • A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

  • A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

    @texasag1969 said:

    A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

    Isn't the plural of doofus "doofi"?

  • If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

  • If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

    @poeticg said:

    If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

    Ultimately? Sure, but if we think in terms of winning a SB in the near term and base decisions upon that, then we are fucking up.

  • Culture change.

  • I don't see us ending the regular season anything less than 16-0.