What is success for you in the 2016 season?
-
Progress. Be a better team in week 17 than in week 1. Don't get blown out every other game. Give us optimism that the players we've picked over the next draft and the last couple, along with the current coaching staff and FO are the ones that are going to get things right.
In terms of record, as long as I see those things, I will be happy. As long as we don't get humiliated in the division.
-
I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.
But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.
Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.
-
I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.
But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.
Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.
I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.
But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.
Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.
Ten picks - if we can get 5 quality players from those picks in the top 100 or so, that'd be swell. Plus picking up maybe one or two of those 'undervalued' positions, like a top full back or ST guy later on.
-
Success in the draft for one person could mean a crap draft to another .....so many players in all positions are rated so differently ....... someone could be high on one persons board but nowhere on another persons ......only board that matters tho is Sashi's and I hope to fuck its the right one
-
success next season is putting something young and at least modestly competitive on the field next year. I hope Hue just opens up the playbook. Who cares about losing just go for broke and really see what we've got at some of the key skill positions. Defensively I don't care where we are in any category except one...run defense. I want to see us somewhere in the range of 20th in run defense. Why? Cause we're evidently still retaining a lot of these guys so they're not rooks, buckle down and have some pride.
-
There is a lot of interesting talk on the forums about trades, potential draft picks, the continuing saga of the revolving door front office, and so on, but it got me to wondering--what would success for 2016 look like to the fans who come here year in and year out?
I'm sure we can all agree that a super bowl victory, an AFC championship title, getting into the post-season, or just getting over 0.500 in the win-loss column could all justifiably be considered success right now for the Browns. But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?
But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?
Small victories will be the only ones on the menu in 2016. I'll get back with specicifcs after the draft and UDFA period.
-
I was pissed off at Brady Quinn for holding out and thought he did himself and the team irreparable damage. I vowed he wasn't going to be my guy until he beat the Steelers.
WSS
-
I think Al Davis said it best: Just Win Baby.
-
-
A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."
-
A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."
A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."
Isn't the plural of doofus "doofi"?
-
-
If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.
-
Culture change.
-
-
I'll go along with "progress" & I want to see more fundamentally solid play.......
Solid tackling by wrapping a guy up & putting him on the ground.
Running backs hitting a hole fast & hard. I'm not a fan of backfield dancing.
It would also be nice to see a draft without so many off the wall surprises.
As a Team, building cohesiveness within all units.
POSITIVE GROWTH!
Mike
-
Being competitive, especially against Pittsburg.
-
-
Seeing good progress and development of draft picks. Seeing all our guys give 100% no matter how much or skill or lack off they have, hue should be able to motivate them. Lastly, not being the crap shoot of the league, and not getting slaughtered every other game.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login