Skip to content

What is success for you in the 2016 season?

The Browns Board
50 29 1.8k
  • I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

    But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

    Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @bbedward said:

    I see us ending at last place in the AFCN.

    But success for me would pretty much be a successful draft - let's see that we can actually get some good young players going forward.

    Our roster is just so devoid of quality talent, it's not going to be a quick fix - a good draft will be a great start though.

    Ten picks - if we can get 5 quality players from those picks in the top 100 or so, that'd be swell. Plus picking up maybe one or two of those 'undervalued' positions, like a top full back or ST guy later on.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Success in the draft for one person could mean a crap draft to another .....so many players in all positions are rated so differently ....... someone could be high on one persons board but nowhere on another persons ......only board that matters tho is Sashi's and I hope to fuck its the right one

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #10

    success next season is putting something young and at least modestly competitive on the field next year. I hope Hue just opens up the playbook. Who cares about losing just go for broke and really see what we've got at some of the key skill positions. Defensively I don't care where we are in any category except one...run defense. I want to see us somewhere in the range of 20th in run defense. Why? Cause we're evidently still retaining a lot of these guys so they're not rooks, buckle down and have some pride.

  • There is a lot of interesting talk on the forums about trades, potential draft picks, the continuing saga of the revolving door front office, and so on, but it got me to wondering--what would success for 2016 look like to the fans who come here year in and year out?

    I'm sure we can all agree that a super bowl victory, an AFC championship title, getting into the post-season, or just getting over 0.500 in the win-loss column could all justifiably be considered success right now for the Browns. But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tinythinker said:

    But are there any "small victories" you would also savor? Something season-specific or maybe things that would indicate that this time, *this* time, the rebuilding process might eventually lead to something other than another rebuilding process?

    Small victories will be the only ones on the menu in 2016. I'll get back with specicifcs after the draft and UDFA period.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I was pissed off at Brady Quinn for holding out and thought he did himself and the team irreparable damage. I vowed he wasn't going to be my guy until he beat the Steelers.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I think Al Davis said it best: Just Win Baby.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Anything better than 0-16 is a bonus. Play respectable, don't get blown out. Finally get our franchise quarterback in the draft.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

  • A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @texasag1969 said:

    A draft that doesn't make the Browns look like the Doofuses from Goofyland. I want people to look back and say, "Those guys finally picked it right top to bottom."

    Isn't the plural of doofus "doofi"?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #17

    If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

  • If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @poeticg said:

    If we aren't trying to win the Superbowl... I think we missed the point. Strive for greatness in all things.

    Ultimately? Sure, but if we think in terms of winning a SB in the near term and base decisions upon that, then we are fucking up.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Culture change.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I don't see us ending the regular season anything less than 16-0.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #21

    I'll go along with "progress" & I want to see more fundamentally solid play.......

    Solid tackling by wrapping a guy up & putting him on the ground.

    Running backs hitting a hole fast & hard. I'm not a fan of backfield dancing.

    It would also be nice to see a draft without so many off the wall surprises.

    As a Team, building cohesiveness within all units.

    POSITIVE GROWTH!

    Mike

  • dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by dawg2fan
    #22

    Being competitive, especially against Pittsburg.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Haslams selling the team after going 0-18 would be success to Me.

  • H Hoodums19 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Seeing good progress and development of draft picks. Seeing all our guys give 100% no matter how much or skill or lack off they have, hue should be able to motivate them. Lastly, not being the crap shoot of the league, and not getting slaughtered every other game.

  • Haslams selling the team after going 0-18 would be success to Me.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nickers said:

    Haslams selling the team after going 0-18 would be success to Me.

    0-18? We're going to play a couple extra this year that we don't normally play?

  • @nickers said:

    Haslams selling the team after going 0-18 would be success to Me.

    0-18? We're going to play a couple extra this year that we don't normally play?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @mark-o said:

    0-18? We're going to play a couple extra this year that we don't normally play?

    typo 0-16..lol

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    As a fan that thought the same thing for 20 years "We the fans care more about winning than our Ownership & those that have run it." The Rebuild Process: never had a better moment than Jimmy Haslem admitting that he failed at one thing FOOTBALL. His hiring of Hue Jackson has me believing we can win again. Offensive minded & a knowledge of what makes a team competitive a QB. This Time we get the QB decision correct cause of Hue's knowledge of the position will get the right guy he can win with. Season Specific: Your words "Build through the Draft" prove It. Small Victories: We want Browns Fans in our Stadium. WIN!!...Go Browns!!