Receivers
-
this wr draft class is disappointing. According to NFL.com, their top twenty players
in the draft according to their grades... has only one wr, and Will Fuller is at 18.
I'm thinkin now, that I'd want to draft a smallish, very fast TE later on, instead of any
of the wr's after the first round, who has also player wr......
-
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:
Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
-
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:
Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Does that make you a Ray Farmer Disciple?
Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:
Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.
-
I found it interesting that we are bringing in Laquon Treadwell for a visit. I guess I shouldn't, as teams bring in a great deal of players each year, but we won't be in a position to draft the kid unless we trade down. Wentz and Goff are getting love, but nobody I've come across has written that either QB is deserving of a trade deal that most certainly include a bevy of picks.
Would the 49's, a team in need of a QB, be willing to trade? I can't think of too many others, right? Perhaps the Rams?
We need WR's. Our coaches have publicly said that as well. Apparently, the Josh Gordon debacle isn't going to be over any time soon. Sure, we can draft one in the second round, but does anyone else remember how our second round WR's have fared? I like Treadwell, mainly because he excels at jumping and plucking the ball at its highest point.
Other than that, Doctson intrigues me from TCU. But it's not a great year for WR....no...I'm afraid we missed out on those years.
-
There are ALWAYS quality WR's around in the middle rounds. Some teams find them (Pitt/Cin)....,..some teams don't.
-
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Does that make you a Ray Farmer Disciple?
Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:
Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.
Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.
I was thinking Day 2 included Rnd 4, where our Comp picks start, but it may not.
Our Rnd 4 Comp picks are where I'd look for WRs.
-
Day 2 would be what? rounds 2-3? Might not these guys be even further down the pecking order than that? CBS has these guys at best round 4-5 prospects.
I was thinking Day 2 included Rnd 4, where our Comp picks start, but it may not.
Our Rnd 4 Comp picks are where I'd look for WRs.
I was thinking Day 2 included Rnd 4, where our Comp picks start, but it may not.
Our Rnd 4 Comp picks are where I'd look for WRs.
Sure....but if a stud falls to us at #32...don't be surprised if we grab one. Ray Farmer no longer drafting for us.
If Hue does want a QB....then he will also want a weapon to go with him.
-
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Once late Day 2 rolls around I'd consider:
Malcolm Mitchell (UGA) 6'0 - 198 - 4.40 After a blazing start as a Frosh, he then tore an ACL that cost him two seasons. As a Senior in a limiting offense he led team with 58 for just shy of 900 yds.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
I am a fairly pure value guy and full-time subscriber to the "shiny hood ornament" (SHO) theory when it comes to WRs. Combine that with the lack of quality in this WR class and we will likely be into our Day 2 Compensatory picks before I'd write down a WR's name looking for my next Marvin Jones find.
Charone Peake (Clemson) 6'2 - 209 - 4.37 Comes with a hands warning, but seems to be his prep to catch and not a focus issue, so should be fixable. Some injury history, but more a case of development delay due to players in front of him named Watkins and Martavis. Sometimes the other guy is a guy, too... well this is the other other guy.
Watched Peake at a NC State game. Man has all the tools in routes but he's not trusting his knees on cuts nor welcomes blocking downfield. Watched tape on Tulsa's Keyarris Garrett 6'3" 220 4.53 40 maybe just another option. Want a Julian Edleman? Watch the Buckeyes against Western Michigan this little 5'10" 177lbs annoying little Nat Daniel Braverman (projected in 4th)
-
We need some tall receivers. Hawkins and Hartline can stay in the slot. Hoping Gordon is back to be #1. Just need that #2
-
I like Doctson, Thomas, and Braxton. Other than them, youre looking at the
4th or 5th round for a project with great measurables and upside
-
I like Doctson, Thomas, and Braxton. Other than them, youre looking at the
4th or 5th round for a project with great measurables and upside
I like Doctson, Thomas, and Braxton. Other than them, youre looking at the
4th or 5th round for a project with great measurables and upside
I agree, but I don't see us taking a receiver there, especially if Gordon is back in business. Too many other needs at RT, OLB, QB, ILB, FS, CB, that are harder to fill later in the draft.
-
We need some tall receivers. Hawkins and Hartline can stay in the slot. Hoping Gordon is back to be #1. Just need that #2
We need some tall receivers. Hawkins and Hartline can stay in the slot. Hoping Gordon is back to be #1. Just need that #2
Two words: Terrelle Pryor.
-
I'm all in on Mike Thomas. Not the Ohio State one.
The S. Mississippi one.
I think he could be a huge steal.
and, the Browns have met with him. Was a combine snub.
image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/CLE.gif
Cleveland Browns have met with:- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
- Robby Anderson, WR, Temple (PRI)
- Joey Bosa^, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM, PRI)
- Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron (STM)
- Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
- De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (PRO)
- Corey Coleman^, WR, Baylor (STM, PRI, WOR)
- Trevon Coley, DT, Florida Atlantic (PRO)
- Connor Cook^, QB, Michigan State (COM, PRO)
- Kamalei Correa, OLB/3-4OLB, Boise State (COM)
- Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC (PRO)
- Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (PRI)
- Jared Goff^, QB, California (WOR, PRI)
- Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (PRI)
- Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M (SR)
- Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (SR)
- Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
- Chris Jones, DT/3-4DE, Mississippi State (COM)
- Shaq Lawson^, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM, PRO)
- Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State (PRO)
- Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (PRO)
- Paxton Lynch^, QB, Memphis (COM, PRI)
- Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida (SR)
- Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Maryland (PRO)
- Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
- Will Parks, SS, Arizona (PRI)
- Tyvis Powell, S, Ohio State (PRO)
- Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (PRO)
- Mike Rose, DE, NC State (PRO)
- Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (PRO)
- Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (STM)
- Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, PRI)
- Vincent Valentine, DT/NT, Nebraska (PRO)
- Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
- Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#3ZPktSgQk7Cg3pjg.99
-
I'm all in on Mike Thomas. Not the Ohio State one.
The S. Mississippi one.
I think he could be a huge steal.
and, the Browns have met with him. Was a combine snub.
image: http://walterfootball.com/jscss/Images/Logos/TRN/CLE.gif
Cleveland Browns have met with:- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
- Robby Anderson, WR, Temple (PRI)
- Joey Bosa^, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM, PRI)
- Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron (STM)
- Kevin Byard, S, Middle Tennessee (PRI)
- De'Vondre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (PRO)
- Corey Coleman^, WR, Baylor (STM, PRI, WOR)
- Trevon Coley, DT, Florida Atlantic (PRO)
- Connor Cook^, QB, Michigan State (COM, PRO)
- Kamalei Correa, OLB/3-4OLB, Boise State (COM)
- Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC (PRO)
- Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (PRI)
- Jared Goff^, QB, California (WOR, PRI)
- Glenn Gronkowski, FB, Kansas State (PRI)
- Germain Ifedi, OT, Texas A&M (SR)
- Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (SR)
- Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
- Chris Jones, DT/3-4DE, Mississippi State (COM)
- Shaq Lawson^, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM, PRO)
- Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State (PRO)
- Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (PRO)
- Paxton Lynch^, QB, Memphis (COM, PRI)
- Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida (SR)
- Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Maryland (PRO)
- Dadi Lhomme Nicolas, OLB, Virginia Tech (PRO)
- Will Parks, SS, Arizona (PRI)
- Tyvis Powell, S, Ohio State (PRO)
- Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (PRO)
- Mike Rose, DE, NC State (PRO)
- Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (PRO)
- Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (STM)
- Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, PRI)
- Vincent Valentine, DT/NT, Nebraska (PRO)
- Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
- Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#3ZPktSgQk7Cg3pjg.99
- Joey Bosa^, DE/3-4OLB, Ohio State (COM, PRI)
- Corey Coleman^, WR, Baylor (STM, PRI, WOR)
- Connor Cook^, QB, Michigan State (COM, PRO)
- Jared Goff^, QB, California (WOR, PRI)
- Shaq Lawson^, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM, PRO)
- Laquon Treadwell^, WR, Ole Miss (STM, PRI)
- Mike Thomas, WR, Southern Mississippi (STM)
- Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam#3ZPktSgQk7Cg3pjg.99
Did not know what the STM ackronym meant... now I do. STM = "Some Type of Meeting"... lol
Interesting collection of multiple visit candidates to date with only one three-visit player...
-
Somehow get all these guys:
- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson (COM)
- Jatavis Brown, OLB, Akron (STM)
- Su'a Cravens, OLB, USC (PRO)
- Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (PRI)
- Matt Ioannidis, DT, Temple (SR)
- Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
- Chris Jones, DT/3-4DE, Mississippi State (COM)
- Shaq Lawson^, DE/3-4OLB, Clemson (COM, PRO)
- Antonio Morrison, ILB/OLB, Florida (SR)
- Yannick Ngakoue, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Maryland (PRO)
- Tyvis Powell, S, Ohio State (PRO)
- Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State (PRO)
- Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State (PRO)
- Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA (PRI)
-
STM = "Some Type of Meeting"... lol Tour
**********************************
eh..."Sunday, Thursday...Monday?"
-
We need some tall receivers. Hawkins and Hartline can stay in the slot. Hoping Gordon is back to be #1. Just need that #2
Two words: Terrelle Pryor.
Two words: Terrelle Pryor.
Given the experience of this offensive coaching staff, I have confidence the right WRs will remain. I have been intrigued by Pryor too & now we'll see what these coaches think of him as a WR. It will be interesting.
Mike
-
-
Best receivers in this draft in my opinion are Treadwell, Shepard and Doctson
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
